2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah he was but we were in playoff contention, IIRC Al had just passed away so Hue had full control and Campbell had gotten hurt.

It was mark

“Mark Davis admits to making the trade for quarterback Carson Palmer during the 2011 season. The swap cost the Raiders two premium draft picks and failed to end their streak of non-winning seasons, a drought that began in 2003. What's more, Palmer this spring balked at taking a pay cut, leading McKenzie to trade him.

In taking responsibility for the Palmer lemon, Mark Davis does a favor to former Raiders coach Hue Jackson, who often was blamed for the move.” -Baltimore sun-

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

My final mock draft, before the picks officially begin, lol.

86. Phidarian Mathis | DL | Alabama

126. Jalyn Armour-Davis | CB | Alabama

164. Max Mitchell | OT | Louisiana 

165. Justyn Ross | WR | Clemson

227. Markquese Bell | S | Florida A&M

I’d be very very happy with that!  very solid A grade.

I’d prefer a T at 86, as i really don’t think Mitchell lasts to the 5th…. But I also don’t think it’s ridiculous to say he could at all.  I have a pet peeve when people say something like “player x won’t last to the 5th, he’s a 3rd rounder”.   We see projected 3rds go in round 5 every year, and projected 7ths going in round 3.  

had you have taken faalele At 86, then it’d have been a A+,,, lol jk

10 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I'm moving to Florida today and when my wife booked the tickets she asked me if I care it's on draft day I was like nope

Good luck on the move!  Where in FL?

as a kid my mother would take us and my brother and sister to Florida every year in april for 3 weeks…. And after the first few years when I kicked and screamed and cried (I was like 8 lol) until I was allowed to stay back and watch the draft on TV… by the time i turned 12 it was like a known thing day 1 of the draft was a day off from Disney, etc because we’d be staying in the hotel to watch the draft.  It was even on my mother’s over organized daily vacation planner.  I’d wake up super early the next morning, break into the hotel’s arcade/game room because that’s where the USA Today Newspapers were delivered too and snag a copy and dive into the listing of all the picks.  I’d spend hours upon hours looking at the newspaper and looking up the players in the draft guides i brought.  Good memories…..

now you can get watch on your phone….. crazy how times change.

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm so glad we got Adams instead of picking in round 1.

I agree.  The value at 22 was sketchy and we landed a flat out stud in Adams.  

I like what the Jets did tonight.  Gardener and Wilson should be very good players.  I'm not sure about Johnson but the talking head TV stooges thought he was good value.

my targets with the Round 3 pick:

WR: C Watson, S Moore, J Tolbert, W Robinson, A Pierce, Pickens

T: Raiman, N Frere, A Lucas , Faalele, R Walker

G: L Goedeke,  S Rhyan,  D Parham 

DE: L Hall, B Mafe, M Sanders, D Leal, C Thomas, Kingsley, Enagbare 

DT: T Jones, Winfrey 

EDGE:A  Ebiketie, D Ojabo, J Paschal, D Jackson, N Bonitto, D Malone, S Williams, A Barno

LB: C Harris, Chenal, C Muma, T Anderson, B Smith, Asamoah, C Tindall 

CB:  A Booth, K Gordon, R McCreary, Woolen, Flott, McCollum, J Davis

S: J Pitre, J Brisker, C Britt, K Joseph 

Hoping there is a QB, RB, and TE run in the 2nd...