2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Hey Andre James played really well against some really good interior players 

Things are looking up. Not sure if it's James or the Broncos/Eagles just phoning it in. That quote from Fletcher Cox was pretty damning on where his heads at currently. 

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Things are looking up. Not sure if it's James or the Broncos/Eagles just phoning it in. That quote from Fletcher Cox was pretty damning on where his heads at currently. 

Poor James will always carry the burden of being “the unproven guy responsible for the beloved Rodney Hudson’s departure.” He’s become something of a pin cushion around here. 

With that being said, he is showing noticeable improvement and deserves the opportunity to grow into the role. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Well I mean the Eagles have Fletcher Cox. In Hargraves I think has the most Sacks in the NFL for interior lineman right now. So they were rushing the passer

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Poor James will always carry the burden of being “the unproven guy responsible for the beloved Rodney Hudson’s departure.” He’s become something of a pin cushion around here. 

With that being said, he is showing noticeable improvement and deserves the opportunity to grow into the role. 

I was going to say James is looking better. I'm not sold yet, but he is looking better. I noticed a few key blocks, we were running the ball up the middle against a good defense, no bad snaps, he's athletic as heck. Let's see how he does the next  10 games. I know everyone has that bad taste in their mouth after a few games.

Crazy is Brandon Parker wasn't bad last game. Everyone knew he was raw coming into the NFL, would be something if he actually come on strong the next 10 games. He has a chance to earn a starting spot and new contract. He's entering his prime so there's a chance he can actually amount to something. 

Simpson graded out well last game, and I noticed a few key blocks. By far his best game, he actually didn't look like a scrub. Another guy who has a shot to claim that LG job. Leatherwood starting to find his groove as a RG. we will see 

Also been liking Solomon Thomas. I'm not sure what his value is on a new deal, but he has been getting interior pressure almost every week. He has lived up to his 1 year deal that everyone was crying about. Be interesting to see how he plays these next ten games. 

That Brandon guy at CB has been looking good too. Be interesting to see how he continues to look. He looks like a better system fit than Amik and another great find. Hobbs has that Nickel spot locked down, but Brandon has been solid as a CB2. Mullen should be back soon and he is a solid starter. That would give us 4 deep plus Arnette pushed down to CB5

these guys play ROS can determine our draft needs.  Based off old starters near or over 30: LB, NT, CB (Hayward) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

What games have you been watching? Littleton is damn near elite in coverage. 

45 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Littleton one of the worst coverage backers in the league. Perryman had done well against the run, lost in space though.

Both of you need avatars

43 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

What games have you been watching? Littleton is damn near elite in coverage. 

He absolutely isn't, we sit our backers in Zone but any time they are manned up they are toasted. I am not a big PFF fan but they are correct that he struggles massively in coverage. He has been a FA bust

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

He absolutely isn't, we sit our backers in Zone but any time they are manned up they are toasted. I am not a big PFF fan but they are correct that he struggles massively in coverage. He has been a FA bust

I think I’ll take Gus Bradley’s opinion on his play over a random poster with a PFF subscription. 

4 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I think I’ll take Gus Bradley’s opinion on his play over a random poster with a PFF subscription. 

Guess you won't ever post anything either then, as you can't disagree with anything any NFL coach or team does. What a dumb comment on a forum. 

3 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

Guess you won't ever post anything either then, as you can't disagree with anything any NFL coach or team does. What a dumb comment on a forum. 

Not when the coach has transformed a perennially atrocious defense into a borderline top-10 unit. Gus gets the benefit of the doubt from me on his evaluation of his defensive players.

Guenther…..not so much