2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't want to look ahead too far bc we're still very much in this thing but I'm just looking forward to a draft where Gruden is nowhere to be found assuming Mayock keeps his job/wants to stay

Yeah I'd love to see how much different our draft strategy is if Mayock is in full control. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Mayock I am more than happy to give another year, if he goes (he may want to if it is true he still has limited control even with Rich B) then Louis Riddick is the man for me. 

I definitely don't want another TV analyst with 0 front office experience running the show.

• Like 1

Mayock scares me a little. We can put a lot on Gruden, but he tried to sell those picks. He was beaming with positivity over them. That scares me somewhat. If he didn't like the player, I would hope he had more backbone to push why. It's to easy to absolve him of blame. 

Raiders are on the cusp of something good. A bad 2022 draft would not help matters, so you better be damn sure Mayock is the man. If I am Davis, I want receipts.... show me where you ranked players and show me that Gruden overruled on them.

• Like 1

Stupid early, but I got bored and did my first mock sim. 

1. Jordan Davis, DT Georgia

2. Mykael Wright, CB Oregon

3. Myron Cunningham, OT Arkansas

4. Edefuan Ulofoshio, OLB Washington

5. Chad Muma, ILB Wyoming

6. Josh Rivas, OG Kansas State

7. Brandon Pili, DT USC

Hardly know a few of them and have very little knowledge in terms of projected stock right now as work has been busy and I've hardly kept up with college. Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Mayock scares me a little. We can put a lot on Gruden, but he tried to sell those picks. He was beaming with positivity over them. That scares me somewhat. If he didn't like the player, I would hope he had more backbone to push why. It's to easy to absolve him of blame. 

Raiders are on the cusp of something good. A bad 2022 draft would not help matters, so you better be damn sure Mayock is the man. If I am Davis, I want receipts.... show me where you ranked players and show me that Gruden overruled on them.

Weren't there a ton of reports that he wanted Ceedee but Gruden wanted Ruggs? 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You really think Tommy Boy is going to be that hands on with wanting to see the rankings. Didn’t he say “ I know what I don’t know “ pertaining to on the field stuff 

Edited by SimonGruber

11 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

You really think Tommy Boy is going to be that hands on with wanting to see the rankings. Didn’t he say “ I know what I don’t know “ pertaining to on the field stuff 

Of course not lol. I was speaking on it as if he was someone with business acumen  

4 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

In this specific case Guenter scheme played a big part in this selection obviously. They loved his back story 1 of 9 kids father passed away young thats a play right from Reggie McKenzie.

"Foundational pieces" dude is a water boy

• Like 1