Jump to content

2022 NFL Draft Thread


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jordan Davis is the answer. People will complain about the lack of pass rush production but he has been by far the most impactful defensive player in college football this season. Teams cannot run the ball against UGA. IIRC, they've only allowed like 7 TD the entire season in the SEC.

Yeah I’m on board

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC Perryman is leading the NFL in tackles this season, he's always around the ball and seems to be one of the leaders on our defense. He only has a $3M cap hit next season so you can keep him even if it's only to be a 2 down player. 

Littleton isn't going anywhere because of his contract situation. And I think that if Bradley is retained and we want to sign White it's definitely a realistic possibility for us. 

De'Vondre Campbell is another potential free agent we could pursue. He's having a great year and he spent the first 5 years of his career with Atlanta with Dan Quinn so he's familiar with the system. 

I'm personally just not a huge fan of drafting a LB in the first round unless they're an absolute stud.

 

Like I wrote, Perryman is fine in run defense (even if tackles isn't necessarily a good measure of effectiveness). However, I think Perryman should be phased out, as he was in Las Angeles and Carolina. And, just because Littleton might be on the roster next year doesn't mean he will start.

I was unclear of which White you were referring to at first, but now I understand it's Kyzir White. He's nothing special, and I would not consider him a definite upgrade over Littleton. And, ultimately, he would compete with Littleton and Deablo to start on the outside. I would draft someone to start over Perryman.

Historically, I have advocated against drafting a first round linebackers in this forum. That was usually because we had more pressing needs at more important positions. Now, I think the stars have aligned for linebacker being a good pick if the Raiders end up in the back third of the first round.

Edited by Rich7sena
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Like I wrote, Perryman is fine in run defense (even if tackles isn't necessarily a good measure of effectiveness). However, I think Perryman should be phased out, as he was in Las Angeles and Carolina. And, just because Littleton might be on the roster next year doesn't mean he will start.

I was unclear of which White you were referring to at first, but now I understand it's Kyzir White. He's nothing special, and I would not consider him a definite upgrade over Littleton. And, ultimately, he would compete with Littleton and Deablo to start on the outside. I would draft someone to start over Perryman.

Historically, I have advocated against drafting a first round linebackers in this forum. That was usually because we had more pressing needs at more important positions. Now, I think the stars have aligned for linebacker being a good pick if the Raiders end up in the back third of the first round.

Campbell could fill Perryman's role, no? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Campbell could fill Perryman's role, no? 

I'm not sure. In any event, I would probably prefer Brandon Smith to Campbell.

Ultimately, I see linebacker as being a ripe position in the late first round. Of all the other needs, I think linebacker allows the team more options in the draft as compared to free agency.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm not sure. In any event, I would probably prefer Brandon Smith to Campbell.

Ultimately, I see linebacker as being a ripe position in the late first round. Of all the other needs, I think linebacker allows the team more options in the draft as compared to free agency.

Campbell has been one of the best LB's in the league this season and has played in the scheme under Dan Quinn. I wouldn't mind a LB but if you're taking one that early he has to be an immediate difference maker. Would prefer to build depth on the OL/DL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Campbell has been one of the best LB's in the league this season and has played in the scheme under Dan Quinn. I wouldn't mind a LB but if you're taking one that early he has to be an immediate difference maker. Would prefer to build depth on the OL/DL.

I really can't say how good Campbell has been; I haven't watched him. Even if he has been good this year, the balance of his career has been average. I would wager Campbell closer to average than a Pro Bowler for the remainder of his career. And, I believe he plays outside--at least he did in Atlanta.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

 

Unless we have a monumental late season collapse (which is a real possibility), I don’t think we’ll be in a position to get him.

He’s on par as a prospect with Vita Vea, Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, and Jeffrey Simmons who were all taken between 10-20 in deeper drafts in 18 and 19.

The lack of high end QB’s will push him up. I predict he’ll be taken in the Top 10 and could get Top 5 consideration. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Unless we have a monumental late season collapse (which is a real possibility), I don’t think we’ll be in a position to get him.

He’s on par as a prospect with Vita Vea, Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, and Jeffrey Simmons who were all taken between 10-20 in deeper drafts in 18 and 19.

The lack of high end QB’s will push him up. I predict he’ll be taken in the Top 10 and could get Top 5 consideration. 

Top 10 possibly but I don't think top 5 is realistic. Kayvon Thibodeaux, Aidain Hutchinson, Kyle Hamilton, and Derrick Stingley Jr are all better prospects. I would love to trade up for any of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...