2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Yeah Barkley and Elliott are RB’s you draft in the 1st. Generational guys. I’d have no problem drafting those guys Top 5. But I’m not a Mid 1st, Late 1st on a non-generational RB type of guy. Odds are you will alwayssss find similar production in the second or third round of the same exact draft. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah Barkley and Elliott are RB’s you draft in the 1st. Generational guys. I’d have no problem drafting those guys Top 5. But I’m not a Mid 1st, Late 1st on a non-generational RB type of guy. Odds are you will alwayssss find similar production in the second or third round of the same exact draft. 

How many "generational" guys are you going to find at any position in the 1st?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How many "generational" guys are you going to find at any position in the 1st?

Not often. That’s not the point. The point is you’ll find similar production to a non-generation 1st Round RB in the 2nd or 3rd Round every single draft. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not often. That’s not the point. The point is you’ll find similar production to a non-generation 1st Round RB in the 2nd or 3rd Round every single draft. 

There were like 6 1,000+ yard rushers last season and all of them except 2 were late 1st/early 2nd round picks.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So much Cooper slander on the board, lol. Dak and the Cowboys passing offense became light years better once they added him. And at Coopers current rate he'll finish his career as one of the most productive WR's in NFL history. He has had 1,000+ yards in 5/6 seasons and the only season he didn't was the year Carr fell off and refused to throw him the ball. Other than Cooper the only other Raiders WR in the last like 20 years to have 1,000+ yards is Crabtree once.

Crabtree reached 1,003 yards in 1 year. Jerry Porter had 998 one year (and 942 in another), so they were about equally productive over their 2 year stretches. hell, DHB cracked 975 in year 3 and missed a game. 

but yeah overall i agree with your point re: Cooper. did seem like he needed a new start though

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Crabtree reached 1,003 yards in 1 year. Jerry Porter had 998 one year (and 942 in another), so they were about equally productive over their 2 year stretches. hell, DHB cracked 975 in year 3 and missed a game. 

but yeah overall i agree with your point re: Cooper. did seem like he needed a new start though

Cooper isn't Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins but then again, how many guys are? He's a guy that will consistently get you 1,000+ WR every season. Very few WR's in the league have been as productive as Cooper through their first 6 seasons.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cooper isn't Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins but then again, how many guys are? He's a guy that will consistently get you 1,000+ WR every season. Very few WR's in the league have been as productive as Cooper through their first 6 seasons.

You are constantly bashing Carr for not being tough enough (which I do as well) yet you praise Cooper? He is the softest WR in the league that’s a starter. If the game or opponent is too tough, he will cry and disappear. Cooper the Houdini. Or as Rex calls him, Cooper the Giant Turd. 

I agree with you he’s a WR1 and overall pretty good WR, but I don’t like weak and fragile minded players. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You are constantly bashing Carr for not being tough enough (which I do as well) yet you praise Cooper? He is the softest WR in the league that’s a starter. If the game or opponent is too tough, he will cry and disappear. Cooper the Houdini. Or as Rex calls him, Cooper the Giant Turd. 

I agree with you he’s a WR1 and overall pretty good WR, but I don’t like weak and fragile minded players. 

Cooper is one of the most productive WR's in the league year in and year out. Carr has taken us to the playoffs once in 7 years.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Cooper is one of the most productive WR's in the league year in and year out. Carr has taken us to the playoffs once in 7 years.

Once again, what about soft do you not understand here? If it’s a tough opponent, tough defense, etc Cooper has a quitter mentality. He’s not a dog and nothing close to a dog. Carr is not a dog either but he is much more of a dog than Cooper. 

Cooper is softer than a Teddy Bear. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Once again, what about soft do you not understand here? If it’s a tough opponent, tough defense, etc Cooper has a quitter mentality. He’s not a dog and nothing close to a dog. Carr is not a dog either but he is much more of a dog than Cooper. 

Davante Adams and Michael Thomas got shut down in must win games in the playoffs last season, they suck?

Just now, BayRaider said:

I suggest you actually watch all 3 play. 

I know Adams and Thomas are better than Cooper but Cooper is good. A consistent 1,000+ yard guy. Is he Hopkins or Julio? No. But he's still one of the better WR's in the league. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He ended up getting drafted and paid like it. He’s also not like A lot of wrs.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:55 AM, BayRaider said:

I am one of Cooper's biggest fans here but his biggest problem is shutting down.  Not because he is going against a good opponent but because the QB stops looking for him.  He runs into this issue against good defenses because they take him away and that opens the game up for the other WRs who are good also.  If you watch the games Cooper gets the majority of the attention from the defense.  If they played him the same as other WRs he would put up some of the best stats in the league.  Is he the best WR in the league? No.  Would I have paid him $20 million a year? No.  Does he take to long to set up his defender sometimes? Yes.  He will produce if you throw him the ball but do not expect to ignore him for 3 quarters and then have him giving full effort in the 4th.  Not saying it is right for him to do it but when he gets ignored he starts going through the motions.  I like Lamb and Gallup but you are crazy if you think either of them are better than Cooper right now.

Then call me crazy, because I believe lamb is better than coop, I’m not a major coop hater. But I was done with the drops and lack of concentration/ effort stuff. Plain and simple his hands and route running were supposed to be his strengths. Now, from a pure talent viewpoint , yes I believe lamb is better. Comparing a 2nd yr and 6 yr guy is hard. I believe lamb is more athletic and a better “ playmaker” , just my opinion. Time will tell, but I believe lamb will be better for sure after 6 yrs in the league.

• Like 1