2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I really can't say how good Campbell has been; I haven't watched him. Even if he has been good this year, the balance of his career has been average. I would wager Campbell closer to average than a Pro Bowler for the remainder of his career. And, I believe he plays outside--at least he did in Atlanta.

If there's a stud LB on the board and he's BPA, I won't complain. We just need as much top tier talent as possible. Who are some LBs that you like?

6 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Georgia football star Adam Anderson arrested on rape charge

Georgia linebacker Adam Anderson (19) follows a play during the second half of an NCAA college football game against Florida, Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021, in Jacksonville, Fla. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack)

Anderson is a star senior for a top-ranked Georgia defense that allows 6.6 points per game. He's projected as a potential first-round pick in next year's NFL draft

Mayock will trade up for him. 

I think we pick in the 20s and Jordan Davis doesn't fall past 15. quick offseason 

bring back these starters on fair deals: S Thomas, Hayward, Philon or Jefferson

sign these free agents- ( even with the first round busts we have a nice young core. we need big fish not alot of new faces)

• Stud WR1- Adams, Robinson, Godwin, or trade a pick for Thomas- we need to be aggressive and go get a true WR1 to make up for the Ruggs fiasco 
  • Brandon Scherff G- we go get a stud interior lineman to open up holes for Jacobs.invest in OL
  • Sebastian Joseph NT-Day- would be our new NT. younger than Hankins and Rams don't have the cash. 
  • DJ Chark- his stock is down after his injury. Shouldn't break the bank, another weapon but adds a deep threat too the offense. he runs a 4.3. Look at all the contenders, they have alot of weapons

2022 1st

LB - This guy can sit a year, but he has a chance to be a star in this system.  this will make up for missing out on Parsons/ Devin White/Jok

2nd-

Trevor Penning - RT- invest in the OL...

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-draft-big-board-top-50-prospects-w0/2/

here's a free agent list 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-free-agents-top-free-agents-by-position-available/

thoughts

Edited by Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think we pick in the 20s and Jordan Davis doesn't fall past 15. quick offseason 

bring back these starters on fair deals: S Thomas, Hayward, Philon or Jefferson

sign these free agents- ( even with the first round busts we have a nice young core. we need big fish not alot of new faces)

• Stud WR1- Adams, Robinson, Godwin, or trade a pick for Thomas- we need to be aggressive and go get a true WR1 to make up for the Ruggs fiasco 
  • Brandon Scherff G- we go get a stud interior lineman to open up holes for Jacobs.invest in OL
  • Sebastian Joseph NT-Day- would be our new NT. younger than Hankins and Rams don't have the cash. 
  • DJ Chark- his stock is down after his injury. Shouldn't break the bank, another weapon but adds a deep threat too the offense. he runs a 4.3. Look at all the contenders, they have alot of weapons

2022 1st

LB - This guy can sit a year, but he has a chance to be a star in this system.  this will make up for missing out on Parsons/ Devin White/Jok

2nd-

Trevor Penning - RT- invest in the OL...

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-draft-big-board-top-50-prospects-w0/2/

here's a free agent list 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-free-agents-top-free-agents-by-position-available/

thoughts

I'd probably prefer a flier on Will Fuller over DJ Chark. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I hate that every single mock draft has us taking a WR.

I don't think we can rule out WR but it would not be my top draft need. I think we get a WR in free agency as there is a lot of quality there (Adams, Robinson, Godwin etc.) and then hit the draft with something like:

1 - RT or DT

2 - DT or RT

3 - WR or CB

4 - CB or WR

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's a need. Outside Renfrow, there is not a reliable WR on the roster currently. They were always 1 injury away from having a problem at WR.

My biggest concerns WR and OL (DT also but happy I was wrong there) in the offseason and that is where we have been hurt.  Definitely need to get some depth here.  We need to re-sign some players so could see us drafting WR, OL, and DT early.  Hopefully this year we can sign some capable players before the draft so everyone in the league does not know what position we are drafting.  Maybe they just make sure we have multiple positions to feel to keep other teams guessing.