2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's a need. Outside Renfrow, there is not a reliable WR on the roster currently. They were alway 1 injury away from having a problem at WR.

It is a need but we've already seen that rookie WR's take time to figure it out. While guys like Crabtree/Nelly have been able to come in as veterans and revive their careers with us. Would prioritize WR in free agency over drafting another one in the 1st round, especially with how little depth we have on both lines.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It is a need but we've already seen that rookie WR's take time to figure it out. While guys like Crabtree/Nelly have been able to come in as veterans and revive their careers with us. Would prioritize WR in free agency over drafting another one in the 1st round, especially with how little depth we have on both lines.

Not if you get the right rookie Jeff did fine in minn his rookie year

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not if you get the right rookie Jeff did fine in minn his rookie year

Justin Jefferson had the greatest rookie season in NFL history. Since 2016 there have only been 3 rookie WR's to eclipse 1,000+ yards with Jamar Chase likely becoming the 4th this season. On the TNF broadcast the announcers were discussing how outside of QB, WR is the most difficult position to learn going from college to the NFL.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

If Carr stays, we're getting Devante Adams

How many picks are they trading? Because the Packers are not letting the games best WR walk in FA. You all are dreaming if you think otherwise. They will franchise him. And I doubt they'd want to trade him anyway.

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How many picks are they trading? Because the Packers are not letting the games best WR walk in FA. You all are dreaming if you think otherwise. They will franchise him. And I doubt they'd want to trade him anyway.

They’ll trade him if they know he’s walking no matter what.

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It'll be interesting to see what they do. If/when Rodgers walks I think Adams will want out. They'll tag but if he threatens to sit out the year then perhaps they'd trade him.

Packers are in for a very big change on O over the next year or two.

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

They’ll trade him if they know he’s walking no matter what.

So if they trade him, how many picks are you comfortable giving up?

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It'll be interesting to see what they do. If/when Rodgers walks I think Adams will want out. They'll tag but if he threatens to sit out the year then perhaps they'd trade him.

Packers are in for a very big change on O over the next year or two.

I personally don't think Rodgers goes anywhere. He said he's having a lot of fun right now. They are playing well. He has a good defense finally. They have a team capable of winning it all. Where would he go that he has it better?

I think it's all media BS. End of the day, they work it out, give Rodgers what he wants. Keep Devante and trade off Jordan Love if anything. It would be career suicide for the GM and HC to trade Rogers in a Superbowl window. 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So if they trade him, how many picks are you comfortable giving up?

I personally don't think Rodgers goes anywhere. He said he's having a lot of fun right now. They are playing well. He has a good defense finally. They have a team capable of winning it all. Where would he go that he has it better?

I think it's all media BS. End of the day, they work it out, give Rodgers what he wants. Keep Devante and trade off Jordan Love if anything. It would be career suicide for the GM and HC to trade Rogers in a Superbowl window. 

They'll take a first 

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It would cost more. 

If Aaron Rodgers bounces it won't.

Remember DeAndre Hopkins was traded for a second rounder and a future 4th rounder and David Johnson.

Stefon Diggs was traded for a first rounder a fifth a 6th and a 4th fo the following year but even that was because of how team friendly his contract was. 

They would trade him for a first rounder due to the fact that we have to pay him after that. 

But again, that's more predicated on if Rodgers bounces or not.