2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

17 hours ago, Geezy said:

Not sure why we even discuss the draft, we’re just gonna go in with a huge hole, only to get jumped because it’s so obvious we’re drafting that position then panic and reach on the 5th BPA at that position. 

Mayock will probably be gone so hopefully our new GM is at least semi competent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

lol I just think a decent third pass rusher would've helped us more this year then a below average RG. Trey Smith is way better than Leatherwood and was like a 5th round pick.

Decent third pass rusher or virtually any position, really. 

We took what we wanted to be a RT and swiftly moved them to RG. Had Leatherwhiff been listed as a RG in the draft to begin with, he doesn't go before round 3. 

47 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Decent third pass rusher or virtually any position, really. 

We took what we wanted to be a RT and swiftly moved them to RG. Had Leatherwhiff been listed as a RG in the draft to begin with, he doesn't go before round 3. 

I doubt it.  Outlet trophy winners usually going to 1st round.

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/awards/outland/draft.html

11 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I doubt it.  Outlet trophy winners usually going to 1st round.

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/awards/outland/draft.html

Rare as G's though. Recent history is Garnett. 

Being listed as a T helped Leatherwhiff immensely, but he's not a T. Shame on the Raiders for believing he was when there were better T's on the board. Should've let him be someone else's failed RT experiment. 

That said, we also draft S's as LB's so I have no doubt we would've seen him listed as a RG and said "Screw it, we'll change him to RT!" Lol

33 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rare as G's though. Recent history is Garnett. 

Being listed as a T helped Leatherwhiff immensely, but he's not a T. Shame on the Raiders for believing he was when there were better T's on the board. Should've let him be someone else's failed RT experiment. 

That said, we also draft S's as LB's so I have no doubt we would've seen him listed as a RG and said "Screw it, we'll change him to RT!" Lol

Lolol 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Christian Barmore was dominant in the Falcons game on TNF and the announcers said he has flashed all season. Phillips flashed in the Ravens game and has top 95 percentile physical tools. 

Barmore was my guy at the beginning of the off-season and then we signed Hankins, Thomas, and Jefferson.  Although I would rather have Barmore there was no way we do that with the hole at RT.  Probably smarter to grab one DT and one RT in FA then you can go either way in the draft.  Maybe it is just me but I do not like showing other people at the table my cards when I play poker.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Barmore was my guy at the beginning of the off-season and then we signed Hankins, Thomas, and Jefferson.  Although I would rather have Barmore there was no way we do that with the hole at RT.  Probably smarter to grab one DT and one RT in FA then you can go either way in the draft.  Maybe it is just me but I do not like showing other people at the table my cards when I play poker.

Maybe we try reverse psychology in the draft process but just suck at it lol. Remember that Byrd rt guy was supposed to be the greatest discovery since Brady. 

• Like 1