2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

If we keep Gus Bradley I don't think CB is a big need. I think we would bring back Hayward. Mullen will be back and is a solid CB2. Hobbs has been a stud and I wonder if he has CB1 potential. Frayson was a nice find, that is 4 deep. We could find a long term replacement for Hayward but I would rather focus on fixing the OL, WR, and maybe adding a stud DT. I agree we need a LG, RT and overall OL depth. quick glance to fix the two big holes OL and WR I can see it being 

R1 - WR

R2- LG 

Free Agency:  target WR, RT- that would fix our big holes fast. Leatherwood needs time to grow. James has been solid so I think we just need two new starters on the OL.

I think it's extremely unlikely that Bradley will be back if we hire a new GM/head coach. 

Just now, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Weren't you the one pimping Davis? Now you're pimping Hamilton. Who are you going to pimp next?

I love both and would be happy with either. Hamilton is likely going in the top 5 so I haven't even really discussed him because I haven't viewed him as a realistic option for us. Am I only allowed to like one prospect or can there be more then 1 great player in the draft?

On 11/9/2021 at 4:23 PM, NYRaider said:

I'd prefer to go: 

1. Jordan Davis | NT | Georgia: Davis doesn't have great production but is currently 10th in Heisman odds as a nose tackle, why? Because his ability as a run stuffer and to eat blocks makes life for everyone around him so much easier. Georgia is giving up 3.1 yards per play and 2.5 yards per rush with Davis on the field this year. At 6'6" 340 if we put him in the middle of our defensive line it would make a massive difference and benefit Crosby/Yannick and our LBs. 

2 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I would prefer that. If we can land a generational talent who compares to someone like Derwin James, I'd take him over Jordan Davis, as would 100% of NFL teams. Which is why Hamilton is projected as a top 5 pick and Davis is projected as a mid-first round pick.

I am assuming we'll be picking in the 12ish range at years end.  If Ahmad Gardner is on the board he should be in strong consideration for the pick.  He appears to be a stud and a lockdown number 1 is something we need. 

He's 21 and plays a high value/ impact position.  Davis will be very good but his position value is not.  A two down NT has no where near the value of a lockdown #! CB.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

A two down NT? Pass.... Davis will be good but Ahmad Gardner, a potential lockdown #1 CB who is 21 makes more sense.  

Veta Vea is a two down NT, do the Buccaneers regret drafting him early? Our track record of drafting CB's early is pretty good with guys like Conley, Hayden, and Arnette. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am assuming we'll be picking in the 12ish range at years end.  If Ahmad Gardner is on the board he should be in strong consideration for the pick.  He appears to be a stud and a lockdown number 1 is something we need. 

He's 21 and plays a high value/ impact position.  Davis will be very good but his position value is not.  A two down NT has no where near the value of a lockdown #! CB.  

There's zero guarantee that Gardner becomes a lock down #1 CB.

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

A two down NT? Pass.... Davis will be good but Ahmad Gardner, a potential lockdown #1 CB who is 21 makes more sense.  

1. We don’t actually need a pass rushing DT. We just Need to a Bring back two out of three of Solomon Thomas Quinton Jefferson or Darius Philon

2. I don’t have a problem with a NT in the mold of vita vea. He looks like the Victa bedtime who next to somebody Like the 3 DTs that I mentioned I could see him doing damage. He would actually also help us stop the run

3. What would really be nice is some type of athletic linebacker that plays the run. 

4. I don’t see corner as much of a need if we bring back Casey Hayward and Or #35 to go with Mullen(unless you’re talking about depth)

Edited by Jeremy408

I think it doesn't matter what the position value is. More or less.
If you look at the big boards there are around 8 CBs in the Top 50. IDL is only one or maybe two if you count Leal too.

So I'd rather pick the best IDL in the draft first and get an CB later than picking the 2nd or 3rd best corner and pick a project IDL later.

• Like 2