2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don't think LB with all the SS/LB the Raiders drafted.

Well, we don't know who the defensive coordinator will be in 2022. Bradley likes those safety bodies at linebacker--but he has always put at least one traditional linebacker body in the middle. But, regardless of if Bradley stays, the team will likely want to upgrade Perryman.

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Well, we don't know who the defensive coordinator will be in 2022. Bradley likes those safety bodies at linebacker--but he has always put at least one traditional linebacker body in the middle. But, regardless of if Bradley stays, the team will likely want to upgrade Perryman.

I think the Raiders need Perryman for the power running teams. Ravens, New England, Tennessee etc.

It's hard to find a thumper who's also good at pass coverage.

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we should try Abram at LB honestly. I think he could do it.

I think it would suit him better. Far better. Enough that I might not feel the need to troll the pick, even. 

He's just not an NFL Safety at all. He probably understands enough fundamentals of secondary play to cover guys out of the backfield in the flats or short routes, and he's probably decent enough to cause some TEs trouble on shorter throws, but he should never be in position to have to defend deep balls, especially not with any sort of regularity. 

I may be giving him too much credit and not giving Perryman enough, but part of me thinks he could very much replace Perryman at MLB and have a bit better success in coverage than Perryman does while not losing much against the run. Didn't the Rams have some decent success doing something similar with Mark Barron? I think they used him on the outside though. 

Either way, inside or out, I think using Abram at LB would benefit us far more than using him where he's a major liability. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think it would suit him better. Far better. Enough that I might not feel the need to troll the pick, even. 

He's just not an NFL Safety at all. He probably understands enough fundamentals of secondary play to cover guys out of the backfield in the flats or short routes, and he's probably decent enough to cause some TEs trouble on shorter throws, but he should never be in position to have to defend deep balls, especially not with any sort of regularity. 

I may be giving him too much credit and not giving Perryman enough, but part of me thinks he could very much replace Perryman at MLB and have a bit better success in coverage than Perryman does while not losing much against the run. Didn't the Rams have some decent success doing something similar with Mark Barron? I think they used him on the outside though. 

Either way, inside or out, I think using Abram at LB would benefit us far more than using him where he's a major liability. 

He has sideline to sideline speed/playmaking ability, but he just can't cover down the field man. I think we should try it for sure.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we should try Abram at LB honestly. I think he could do it.

Anything that doesn't involve him covering people down field is fine by me. Honestly, his tackling, pursuit, and ability (outside of coverage) has really improved this year. Just don't make him cover anyone.....

• Like 2

If we are looking at WR, they need to be a deep/intermediate separator and also have RZ potential. So far, Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks meet that criteria. Need to watch Pickens but he's getting hype. @big_palookayou can probably weigh in. I like how smooth Olave is, but he's a little slight. Same goes for Metchie/Jameson williams, who will be excellent deep threats but lack physicality for me.

17 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Something that gets lost in draft talk, especially 6 months out, is that we do not know when players are going to be picked. As fans, we are reliant on the media to lay out ranges of where players will be picked, and that changes on a weekly basis. So, when we say that we would take player X, well, we really don't know whether he will be available when the Raiders pick. Heck, we don't know when the Raiders will pick. We don't even know what the Raiders needs will be, especially before free agency.

This far out from the draft, it looks like corner and linebacker will be deep, which means the Raiders might be able to address other positions in free agency. That's why I would prefer the Raiders target a corner or linebacker in the first round. But, again, things are subject to change very quickly.

You could also say, that we don't know who is the coaching staff next year or who is really available in FA.
Therefore we shouldn't discuss about Carr's Future with the Raiders or if we land Adams, Robinson, Fuller etc.