2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, roi34 said:

i need to watch some tape on all the wrs.  he's been consistent though

I've seen him projected as a 3rd/4th round pick but anytime I've seen him he has balled out. Reminds me of Renfrow. Not the biggest or fastest guy but just always seems to find a way to get open.

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we are looking at WR, they need to be a deep/intermediate separator and also have RZ potential. So far, Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks meet that criteria. Need to watch Pickens but he's getting hype. @big_palookayou can probably weigh in. I like how smooth Olave is, but he's a little slight. Same goes for Metchie/Jameson williams, who will be excellent deep threats but lack physicality for me.

These are my favorite WRs in this upcoming class if we're looking at using our first round pick on (which I wouldn't hate):

Jahan Dotson although his size is concerning.
Garret Wilson as he just literally catches everything is a great route runner.
Jameson Williams

Later rounds is a whole other thing though. It's another deep WR class so hopefully we can take advantage of the talent available. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I've seen him projected as a 3rd/4th round pick but anytime I've seen him he has balled out. Reminds me of Renfrow. Not the biggest or fastest guy but just always seems to find a way to get open.

Hunter is one of my favorite players on this team but we don't need two of him. We need someone who can stretch the field opening things up for him and other underneath routes. We started seeing Jackson do that last game but not exactly sure how reliable he will be in the future.

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

These are my favorite WRs in this upcoming class if we're looking at using our first round pick on (which I wouldn't hate):

Jameson Williams

Later rounds is a whole other thing though. It's another deep WR class so hopefully we can take advantage of the talent available. 

I didn't get a chance to see a lot but what I saw of Romeo Doubs I really liked.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Probably a day 3 guy, but I've been pretty high on Kyle Phillips (UCLA) as someone's utility slot guy. He plays bigger than his stature. 

9 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hunter is one of my favorite players on this team but we don't need two of him. We need someone who can stretch the field opening things up for him and other underneath routes. We started seeing Jackson do that last game but not exactly sure how reliable he will be in the future.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Probably a day 3 guy, but I've been pretty high on Kyle Phillips (UCLA) as someone's utility slot guy. He plays bigger than his stature. 

John Metchie can play on the outside in the NFL and is definitely faster then Renfrow.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Metchie is a nice player. He's a 2nd rounder for me, but he's good.

I just wish he didn't go to Alabama. 

Between Rolando McClain, Amari Cooper, Josh Jacobs, Leatherwhiff, and our recently gotten rid of wart..... I'm about sick of winding up with Saban's turd children, which they all seem to be if they're name dropped here lol. 

Someone will take Metchie and he'll be an absolute star.

He winds up in Silver and Black, he'll be out of here after a couple of disappointing years. 

Edited by ronjon1990

13 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Jameson Williams

Wilson #5 from Ohio st tops on my list too so far at wr I actually like him best out of the Ohio st wr core 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 10:07 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we are looking at WR, they need to be a deep/intermediate separator and also have RZ potential. So far, Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks meet that criteria. Need to watch Pickens but he's getting hype. @big_palookayou can probably weigh in. I like how smooth Olave is, but he's a little slight. Same goes for Metchie/Jameson williams, who will be excellent deep threats but lack physicality for me.

Pickens has all the traits to be a #1 in the NFL. He checks all the boxes. Size, ball skills, contested catch and ability to separate as a route runner. He's a WR who should get a lot of targets in your offense. 

If not for the ACL, he'd have made the necessary leap to be in consideration for the first WR taken in the class. Interesting to see him come back to play the rest of the season. 

Pickens is the type of volume WR the Raiders need on the outside. He's physically everything you want.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd want to take two veteran receivers in FA before looking to the draft. This is how I see it right now:

FA: receiver, offensive tackle, defensive tackle

Draft: corner, linebacker, guard

Two vets would be ideal. 

I'd take a vet and a rook if the right guy fell at the right time, but ideally 2 vets would play a more immediate part in whatever window we have. 

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Two vets would be ideal. 

I'd take a vet and a rook if the right guy fell at the right time, but ideally 2 vets would play a more immediate part in whatever window we have. 

I would like Allen Robinson and Gallup. I think those two are (1) likely to not be re-signed, and (2) relatively cheap.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd want to take two veteran receivers in FA before looking to the draft. This is how I see it right now:

FA: receiver, offensive tackle, defensive tackle

Draft: corner, linebacker, guard

That sounds about right to me. I would draft a WR in the 2nd round( better value)but I wouldn't mind an LB