2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Shows how remarkable it is to find Crosby and Renfrow on day 3 of the same draft. They're not just contributors, they're some of the best in the league at their respective positions.

Depending on who comes available, we wouldn't even need 2 "expensive" ones. 

A lot of the better impending FA WRs are second, third, or 4th fiddle guys looking for somewhere to prove they have "it". 

I'd pay up big for the right guy, but I wouldn't break bank on any except Adams. 

MVS and Gallup would be two guys you could probably get for the price of Adams or Robinson. Lazard and Gallup. MVS and Wilson. Lazard and Wilson. Lazard and Cooks. Juju and Gallup. Juju and Wilson. Juju and Cooks. 

Opportunities abound for sure if we want. 

I think Gallup doesn't come cheap. So my comment meant Robinson and Gallup (which was discussed) wouldn't be feasible. No reason why Gallup wouldn't look for what Agholor got from the Pats. Robinson is  getting 16+. So those 2 would be 28 to 30. And like i said, Renfrow should get an extension now. That'd be way too much money on WRs.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

I think Gallup doesn't come cheap. So my comment meant Robinson and Gallup (which was discussed) wouldn't be feasible. No reason why Gallup wouldn't look for what Agholor got from the Pats. Robinson is  getting 16+. So those 2 would be 28 to 30. And like i said, Renfrow should get an extension now. That'd be way too much money on WRs.

I don't think Robinson doesn't comes close to that number.

He had 3 good years out of 8. I know It was mostly the QBs but the GMs are gonna use this to be bring down the price.

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Renfrow's extension won't be a huge burden either which way. 

I'm not 100% sold on Robinson. Not enough to pay huge money for him. I think a lot of his production is inflated by virtue of being one of the few actual NFL caliber guys on teams he's been on. Is he really a consistent 1000 yard WR or would we be paying 16+ for a 8-900 yard guy when he's not eating up almost every target by default? 

If we can't land Adams, I'm going after Gallup as the bigger expenditure and then chasing a tier 2 guy like Lazard. 

No way I'm paying premium for any WR not named Davante Adams.

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Renfrow's extension won't be a huge burden either which way. 

I'm not 100% sold on Robinson. Not enough to pay huge money for him. I think a lot of his production is inflated by virtue of being one of the few actual NFL caliber guys on teams he's been on. Is he really a consistent 1000 yard WR or would we be paying 16+ for a 8-900 yard guy when he's not eating up almost every target by default? 

If we can't land Adams, I'm going after Gallup as the bigger expenditure and then chasing a tier 2 guy like Lazard. 

No way I'm paying premium for any WR not named Davante Adams.

What about Dj Chark and Christian Kirk. My question is are we trying replace Ruggs or get another target to be 1b or 1a to Waller. Another guy I like is Chris Godwin but he’s going to be pricey assuming he doesn’t re up with Tampa

31 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

What about Dj Chark and Christian Kirk. My question is are we trying replace Ruggs or get another target to be 1b or 1a to Waller. Another guy I like is Chris Godwin but he’s going to be pricey assuming he doesn’t re up with Tampa

Who knows, honestly. 

As for Chark/Kirk:

Chark, it depends. He's probably out of Jacksonville, or they might overpay him to stay given their considerable lack of talent on offense. If he comes available, it depends on the numbers. I wouldn't pay too much for a guy coming off of an injury with that small of a sample size. 

Kirk, I don't think makes it out of Arizona tbh. I hesitate to list all of GBs wideouts too, frankly. I only list Adams because of what he's said, and only list all 3 of Lazard, MVS, and St Brown because I just don't see GB keeping ALL of them (MVS being the most likely to be brought back). With Arizona, I see a deal being worked out with Kirk before he hits the market. 

I'd welcome either one, I just don't see them making it to us before someone else has them locked down. 

18. Devin Lloyd | LB | Utah

54. Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota

77. Cameron Thomas | Edge | San Diego State

124. Tyler Smith | OL | Tulsa

155. Isaac Taylor-Stuart | CB | USC

171. Christian Watson | WR | North Dakota State

217. Cory Durden | DL | NC State

230. Tyler Goodson | RB | Iowa

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Who knows, honestly. 

As for Chark/Kirk:

Chark, it depends. He's probably out of Jacksonville, or they might overpay him to stay given their considerable lack of talent on offense. If he comes available, it depends on the numbers. I wouldn't pay too much for a guy coming off of an injury with that small of a sample size. 

Kirk, I don't think makes it out of Arizona tbh. I hesitate to list all of GBs wideouts too, frankly. I only list Adams because of what he's said, and only list all 3 of Lazard, MVS, and St Brown because I just don't see GB keeping ALL of them (MVS being the most likely to be brought back). With Arizona, I see a deal being worked out with Kirk before he hits the market. 

I'd welcome either one, I just don't see them making it to us before someone else has them locked down. 

If Rogers leaves expect Adams not be resigned and GB starts its rebuild with young cheap WRs

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Allen Robinson has also played with terrible quarterbacks throughout his career. That includes Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, Justin Fields, and Mitchell Trubisky. He led the league in contested catches and had a 1% drop rate on 151 targets last season, while also seeing more inaccurate targets then any WR in the NFL. For a player like Kenny Golladay that played with Matt Stafford I could see why you'd be hesitant if you were signing him with someone like Daniel Jones at QB.  

Guys like Crabtree and Nelly looked on their way out of the league and became major factors for us. 

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Allen Robinson has also played with terrible quarterbacks throughout his career. That includes Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, Justin Fields, and Mitchell Trubisky. He led the league in contested catches and had a 1% drop rate on 151 targets last season, while also seeing more inaccurate targets then any WR in the NFL. For a player like Kenny Golladay that played with Matt Stafford I could see why you'd be hesitant if you were signing him with someone like Daniel Jones at QB.  

Guys like Crabtree and Nelly looked on their way out of the league and became major factors for us. 

Yeah, but Nelly and Crabtree weren't commanding the big bucks, either. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, but Nelly and Crabtree weren't commanding the big bucks, either. 

If you want a #1 WR that has shown consistently over the course of his career he can be a 10+ target/1,000 yard receiver you're going to have to pay them.

Over the last 5 seasons (when Robinson was healthy):

Davante Adams: 458 receptions (683 targets), 5,639 yards, 62 TD

Allen Robinson: 408 receptions (701 targets), 5,434 yards, 37 TD

Robinson was playing with terrible quarterbacks and Adams has played with one of the greatest players in NFL history.