2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you want a #1 WR that has shown consistently over the course of his career he can be a 10+ target/1,000 yard receiver you're going to have to pay them.

Over the last 5 seasons (when Robinson was healthy):

Davante Adams: 458 receptions (683 targets), 5,639 yards, 62 TD

Allen Robinson: 408 receptions (701 targets), 5,434 yards, 37 TD

Robinson was playing with terrible quarterbacks and Adams has played with one of the greatest players in NFL history.

Except that Robinson hasn't been healthy and has actually had: 450 targets, 286 receptions, 3,507 yards, and 18 TDs. 

I don't care what he did in 2015, it's 2021. 

His last 5 years haven't been anywhere near great enough to warrant breaking the bank for him. Take away the 1 lost season (2016), you wind up with 449 targets, 285 recs, and 3490 yards. 

And how inflated was that considering he got 154 targets in 2019 and 151 in 2020 because, again, he was the only NFL talent on the Bears offense worth a penny?  

The fact is, in the last 6 years, he's had  2 good seasons when he was practically the only target, 2 very average years, 1 lost season, and one that's shaping up to be another supremely underwhelming one. 

On the career whole, are you getting the 2015, 2019, and 2020 Allen Robinson for a mint? Or are you getting the 2016, 2018, and 2021 Allen Robinson for a mint? It's a fair question to ask. Sometimes he puts up fantastic numbers with crap QBs, sometimes he doesn't. And I'm not shelling out 16m per for outlier stats. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him. I'm saying that I'm not paying him top dollar based on 1/2 of his "healthy" career with 1/3 of it coming what will have been 7 years prior 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Looks like Fred Warner when he played for BYU. I will not be tricked into falling in love with LBs this draft however. Always ends in disappointment. 

I'd be willing to take a chance on the right prospect.  Lloyd seems like a good character, athletic, fast true sideline to sideline MIKE that can cover.  Not too many holes in his game and just now coming into his own.  

Time will tell, but it's been a long time since we've had a true force in the middle of the defense.  

33 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

lloyd looks like a 1st rounder rn

Yea he does. There's several good LBs to be had. Dean, Harris, and Smith are also potential high round picks. 

Hmm Jameson Williams and John Metchie looking like high picks as well. Do we go to Bama again to draft another WR in the 1st?

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ok I take it back. Jameson Williams is something else. That hesitation on the double move was Adams esque. WR1 now because his floor is so high. He’s slight and doesn’t go up, but he’s an easy nfl projection.

6'2 good speed and hands.  good route running. id take him

• Like 1

After watching Bryce Young operate against the Georgia front 7 I’m convinced he’s going to be a phenomenal NFL QB.

Here’s my plan to get him: 

Trade Carr this off-season for a minimum of 2 1sts (there will be a market for him from teams built to win now such as Carolina, Pittsburgh, Washington, etc.)

Sign a fringe starting QB on the cheap (Mariota, Newton, Taylor, etc.) this off-season and use the cap savings to focus on building up the rest of the roster. We will be competitive but ultimately win 5-6 games on our way to a Top 10 pick.

Package the top 10 pick along with the 2 other 1sts netted from the Carr trade to get to #1 overall. 

Select Young with pick 1.1 in the 2023 NFL Draft. 

I would also throw a lot of $ at a young offensive minded HC such as Kellen Moore, Daboll, etc. so that Young walks into a favorable coaching situation for his development. 

That puts us on the road to title contention in years 3-5 of Young’s rookie contract. 

Yes I’m willing to offer my services as our GM for a bargain basement salary. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st

An interesting player I have seen mocked in the 2nd round is Jamison Williams. 

He looks to be a stud but highly doubt he goes in the 2nd.  He is a 1st rounder all day.  

If he somehow does slip to us in the 2nd, Gardner in the 1st then WIlliams would be a fantastic haul.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

After watching Bryce Young operate against the Georgia front 7 I’m convinced he’s going to be a phenomenal NFL QB.

Here’s my plan to get him: 

Trade Carr this off-season for a minimum of 2 1sts (there will be a market for him from teams built to win now such as Carolina, Pittsburgh, Washington, etc.)

Sign a fringe starting QB on the cheap (Mariota, Newton, Taylor, etc.) this off-season and use the cap savings to focus on building up the rest of the roster. We will be competitive but ultimately win 5-6 games on our way to a Top 10 pick.

Package the top 10 pick along with the 2 other 1sts netted from the Carr trade to get to #1 overall. 

Select Young with pick 1.1 in the 2023 NFL Draft. 

I would also throw a lot of $ at a young offensive minded HC such as Kellen Moore, Daboll, etc. so that Young walks into a favorable coaching situation for his development. 

That puts us on the road to title contention in years 3-5 of Young’s rookie contract. 

Yes I’m willing to offer my services as our GM for a bargain basement salary. 

Shark Tank No GIF