2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Over Tua's last 5 games he averages 222 and 1 TD a game.  The fact that your attributing the 5 game winning streak to Tua tells me all I need to know.  Clearly you don't watch football if you think Tua is the reason they are winning those games.  

Also tell me how many "stud" Qb's Bama has produced over the last 30 years?  You obviously don't think surrounding talent helps prop up QB play?  That is why I am sure you're defending Tua who looks terrible as an NFL QB and could very well be replaced after this year.  

And his rating has been well over 100 in each of those games. Again, you are going an inch deep and pulling surface level stats to prove a false premise. You are dug in on the Tua is trash idea so you’re too close to it to see his improvement. 

That’s also not factoring in that he has been working with skill position players that are average at best.  He has looked like a completely different QB since he returned from his injury. I know that doesn’t fit your narrative but it’s the truth. If the Dolphins move on from him this early it will be a mistake because he has shown plenty of promise to grow into an upper tier QB. 

Historically, Alabama has not been a destination school for top tier QB recruits because they ran a conservative offense. That has changed in the last 5-6 years so we will see more and more QB’s emerge from there in the future. 

Again, your arguments are surface level garbage that are easily dispelled with just a little critical thinking. 

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

And his rating has been well over 100 in each of those games. Again, you are going an inch deep and pulling surface level stats to prove a false premise. You are dug in on the Tua is trash idea so you’re too close to it to see his improvement. 

That’s also not factoring in that he has been working with skill position players that are average at best.  He has looked like a completely different QB since he returned from his injury. I know that doesn’t fit your narrative but it’s the truth. If the Dolphins move on from him this early it will be a mistake because he has shown plenty of promise to grow into an upper tier QB. 

Historically, Alabama has not been a destination school for top tier QB recruits because they ran a conservative offense. That has changed in the last 5-6 years so we will see more and more QB’s emerge from there in the future. 

Again, your arguments are surface level garbage that are easily dispelled with just a little critical thinking. 

222 and 1 over that 5 game span.  Lets put a yellow jacket on Tua right now LOL

He looked average against the Giants, Jets and Panthers over that 5 game span and absolutely atrocious against the Bill (58 QBR) and Ravens where he threw for 150 yards.  

I would hardly call Waddle, Parker and Giseki trash skill position players.

Keep drinking the Tua cool aid and just like I said from day one he does nothing at an above average level.  Average at best arm, average mobility, questionable intelligence which is supported by his worst in class 13 wonderlic score.  

Explain to me what makes him elite in your mind?  It's pretty clear that stats and the eye test show he is below average and is a major bust.  You're watching too much NFL network and need to start to think for yourself.  Quit drinking the Tua Kool Aid as I am sure you were one of the ones who was on the Tank for Tua bandwagon.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

222 and 1 over that 5 game span.  Lets put a yellow jacket on Tua right now LOL

He looked average against the Giants, Jets and Panthers over that 5 game span and absolutely atrocious against the Bill (58 QBR) and Ravens where he threw for 150 yards.  

I would hardly call Waddle, Parker and Giseki trash skill position players.

Keep drinking the Tua cool aid and just like I said from day one he does nothing at an above average level.  Average at best arm, average mobility, questionable intelligence which is supported by his worst in class 13 wonderlic score.  

Explain to me what makes him elite in your mind?  It's pretty clear that stats and the eye test show he is below average and is a major bust.  You're watching too much NFL network and need to start to think for yourself.  Quit drinking the Tua Kool Aid as I am sure you were one of the ones who was on the Tank for Tua bandwagon.  

Why all the emotional hyperbole? Re-read my last two replies. I said that Tua has showed promise and is playing well and that it would be a mistake for Miami to give up on him this early. Show me one quote where I referred to him as “elite”. 

BTW Davante Parker has been on IR for most of the win streak so he’s been working with an above average TE, Gesicki, and a rookie WR, Waddle. If that was Carr’s supporting cast you would call it a dumpster fire. 

8 hours ago, roi34 said:

Bryce young has also looked pretty bad in quite a few games.. Bama qbs usually arent good. Pass. 

last time we took a qb off 1 big game didnt work out

On the season Young has 4,300 yards, 46 TD, and 4 interceptions. He's likely going to win the Heisman Trophy and has been amazing this season. 

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

And Bryce Young isn't that kind of QB. He's another Alabama plug and play on an offense full of 4 and 5 star players QB, who have collectively amounted to jack squat in the NFL. This rates up there with the 2018 Tank for Tua campaign.

Young has been the best player in college football this year playing behind a mediocre offensive line. Auburn exposed him?  He went 99 yards in the clutch to score and tie the game then made some huge throws in over time to win it. Georgia's defense was considered to be one of the greatest in college football history and Young lit them up for 450 yards and 4 TD.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Why all the emotional hyperbole? Re-read my last two replies. I said that Tua has showed promise and is playing well and that it would be a mistake for Miami to give up on him this early. Show me one quote where I referred to him as “elite”. 

BTW Davante Parker has been on IR for most of the win streak so he’s been working with an above average TE, Gesicki, and a rookie WR, Waddle. If that was Carr’s supporting cast you would call it a dumpster fire. 

Ignore my stats and continue to pump the 100 QBR trash. The fact that you're even hinting this 5 game win streak has anything to do with Tua is flat out nonsensical.  During this 5 game win streak he has been average to terrible.

Tua is not a good QB and you're claiming it would be a mistake to move on from that bum?  Have you been living under a rock?  They we about to pull the trigger on trading multiple 1st rounders for Watson.  

That is not a ringing endorsement from the people that see Tua every day.  It's pretty clear he has been holding this team back for 2 years when he is on the field.  They have a very good D and he has been benefiting significantly from that. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Young has been the best player in college football this year playing behind a mediocre offensive line. Auburn exposed him?  He went 99 yards in the clutch to score and tie the game then made some huge throws in over time to win it. Georgia's defense was considered to be one of the greatest in college football history and Young lit them up for 450 yards and 4 TD.

Georgia barely played anyone worth playing. 

Yes, he looked like straight up trash for 3.5 quarters against mighty mighty Auburn. 

Go back to mocking Spencer Rattler to us with 1.1.

On 12/2/2021 at 1:21 PM, ronjon1990 said:

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him. I'm saying that I'm not paying him top dollar based on 1/2 of his "healthy" career with 1/3 of it coming what will have been 7 years prior 

Robinson had 1,200 yards in 2019 and 2020, he has been hurt playing with Fields this year. If you want someone that has shown he can be a 1,000+ yard guy, you're going to have to pay him.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

On the season Young has 4,300 yards, 46 TD, and 4 interceptions. He's likely going to win the Heisman Trophy and has been amazing this season. 

blah blah blah.. Dwayne Haskins had great year too. Stats dont impress me. Ive watched a lot of Bama.. young looks great at times and meh. 

not sold on him yet. also played with 2 firat round wrs

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Tua is not a good QB and you're claiming it would be a mistake to move on from that bum?  Have you been living under a rock?  They we about to pull the trigger on trading multiple 1st rounders for Watson.  

I was just about to say...

They very publicly DID give up on Tua lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Robinson had 1,200 yards in 2019 and 2020, he has been hurt playing with Fields this year. If you want someone that has shown he can be a 1,000+ yard guy, you're going to have to pay him.

Yeah, and as I've said before, for several reasons, he's not the one I would choose to pay. Someone else can be disappointed in the return 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Georgia barely played anyone worth playing. 

Yes, he looked like straight up trash for 3.5 quarters against mighty mighty Auburn. 

Go back to mocking Spencer Rattler to us with 1.1.

Georgia's defense was allowing like 6 points per game. If you don't think Bryce Young is a good prospect, not sure what to say. Dude is like a Kyler Murray clone. 

Justin Herbert folded against great teams like Wisconsin, Arizona State, Utah, Cal, and Oregon State in his senior season. Oregon QB's were not known to work out in the league. Based on your logic the Chargers shouldn't have drafted him, right?

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

blah blah blah.. Dwayne Haskins had great year too. Stats dont impress me. Ive watched a lot of Bama.. young looks great at times and meh. 

not sold on him yet. also played with 2 firat round wrs

He's a true sophomore playing behind a bad offensive line having one of the greatest seasons in college football history. If you don't like Bryce, you must think every QB prospect in college football sucks.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Georgia's defense was allowing like 6 points per game. If you don't think Bryce Young is a good prospect, not sure what to say. Dude is like a Kyler Murray clone. 

Justin Herbert folded against great teams like Wisconsin, Arizona State, Utah, Cal, and Oregon State in his senior season. Oregon QB's were not known to work out in the league. Based on your logic the Chargers shouldn't have drafted him, right?

I didn't like Herbert. He's been a surprise and a massive exception to the rule. 

Didn't you say Spencer Rattler was gonna go 1st overall? Exactly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He's a true sophomore playing behind a bad offensive line having one of the greatest seasons in college football history. If you don't like Bryce, you must think every QB prospect in college football sucks.

only when they go to bama.. hurts.. tua both amazing college qbs meh nflers