2022 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

I mean, looking at the NFL I’d say if this staff moves on there is a 90% chance we probably won’t use a FB anymore.

It's probably possible, but I'd be surprised nonetheless, because even Childress found a way to utilize a FB even though they rarely had one in Philly.

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's probably possible, but I'd be surprised nonetheless, because even Childress found a way to utilize a FB even though they rarely had one in Philly.

I think a lot of it is really blocking schemes, and honestly talent level.

I think they just see Ham currently more talented than our second TE allowing him to get touches. 

Ham while a fullback he does certainly was a lot more versatile than a lot of others in the league. I know pff disagrees but he does make some good damn blocks when leading Cook through a hole and actually did pretty well when he had the ball in his hands. The problem I had, was more the way we were using him. Way too many designed screens, and dump offs to him rather than taking some shots down the field (yes this is a Kirk issue).

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I think a lot of it is really blocking schemes, and honestly talent level.

I think they just see Ham currently more talented than our second TE allowing him to get touches. 

Ham while a fullback he does certainly was a lot more versatile than a lot of others in the league. I know pff disagrees but he does make some good damn blocks when leading Cook through a hole and actually did pretty well when he had the ball in his hands. The problem I had, was more the way we were using him. Way too many designed screens, and dump offs to him rather than taking some shots down the field (yes this is a Kirk issue).

Is it a Kirk issue or is it scheme? Are we scheming receivers open downfield or relying simply on them beating their guy?