2022 Draft Talk

swede700

Or it could be like this... and nothing ever happens and we lose out on guys

2021 Micah Parsons the 12th pick and Rashawn Slater the 13th pick.  Either one of those two guys would have been ideal of course and Vikings just missed out of Slater.  If the Chargers did not take him the Vikings could have easily and think how different things could have been.

But it is a decent spot, there will be some super star elite level talent that falls and the Vikings will be just sitting there if they do.  

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Or it could be like this... and nothing ever happens and we lose out on guys

2021 Micah Parsons the 12th pick and Rashawn Slater the 13th pick.  Either one of those two guys would have been ideal of course and Vikings just missed out of Slater.  If the Chargers did not take him the Vikings could have easily and think how different things could have been.

But it is a decent spot, there will be some super star elite level talent that falls and the Vikings will be just sitting there if they do.  

I've been thinking CB, but do you think Karlaftis makes it to 12?

Would take a QB or 2 going ahead but I think it could happen.

9 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

I don't think he does. I think if we want edge, Ojabo would be the one we'd have a shot at. 12 seems to be the sweet spot for CBs Gardner and Booth though.

Hamilton from ND is my pipe dream, doubt that happens.

9 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

Karlaftis I have as late 1st or early 2nd, not sure he is athletic enough or has enough upside to be drafted 12th overall.  Depends on how he works out, doubt he will blow up or anything athletically.  Ojabo is most likely gone though along with the other top two edge rushers so Leal or Travon Walker might be the only two around at that point.  

12 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I don't think he does. I think if we want edge, Ojabo would be the one we'd have a shot at. 12 seems to be the sweet spot for CBs Gardner and Booth though.

Hamilton from ND is my pipe dream, doubt that happens.

Not sure Ojabo falls that far with the Giants needing a edge guy and the Falcons and Denver do as well.  Gardner for sure I would take but Booth, I feel it might be a little high for him unless he shows some great athletic ability and runs some great 40 time which I doubt.  

Im on the Matt Corral hype train. Anyone else high on Corral?

IF we select a QB in round 1. BUT waiting till the end of round 1 or the top of round 2 could be the ticket this year. To me, a few guys will slip to that range that probably have as much potential as the top guy. 

Right now for me its:

1. Matt Corral
2. Carson Strong
3. Kenny Pickett (small hands?)
4. Sam Howell
5. Malik Willis (highest potential?)

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Karlaftis I have as late 1st or early 2nd, not sure he is athletic enough or has enough upside to be drafted 12th overall.  Depends on how he works out, doubt he will blow up or anything athletically.  Ojabo is most likely gone though along with the other top two edge rushers so Leal or Travon Walker might be the only two around at that point.  

Really think you're sleeping hard on Karlaftis.  Ojabo has the helium going on for him right now, so he's probably EDGE3 especially for majority of the defenses with odd fronts.  Even fronts probably prefer Karlaftis.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Highly doubt he goes top 10 with a torn ACL. They could be looking at QB, among other directions.

I've been trying to find it since last night, but when was the last player that tore his ACL in the previous at a skill position to still be drafted in the 1st round? 

Free football for anybody that can answer that.

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I've been trying to find it since last night, but when was the last player that tore his ACL in the previous at a skill position to still be drafted in the 1st round? 

Free football for anybody that can answer that.

Didn't Jeffery Simmons tear an ACL or something his last year in college?  I know he's not a skill position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Didn't Jeffery Simmons tear an ACL or something his last year in college?  I know he's not a skill position.

If I could give you a half a football I would. But yes, he did... I believe between that and his off the field issues were the reason he wasn't a top 10 pick and up there with Ed Oliver. Honestly there was plenty of people on this site that still had him higher ranked than Oliver and almost everyone was high on him.

14 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

If I could give you a half a football I would. But yes, he did... I believe between that and his off the field issues were the reason he wasn't a top 10 pick and up there with Ed Oliver. Honestly there was plenty of people on this site that still had him higher ranked than Oliver and almost everyone was high on him.

I went back the last 20 or so years and I don't recall any skill position with a season-ending injury being taken in the first round when you knew they were going to be out for the year.  Usually, it's only QBs that teams are willing to punt the rookie years.

• Like 1