The Early Elite of the 2022 Draft

RaidersAreOne

2022-nfl-draft-big-board_9ege0v5zsuwa1ho

Thinking about how the 2021 draft played out and how one year ago, some of the prospects selected at the top were super predictable (Lawrence, Chase, Sewell, etc), but a number of the presumed high picks fell like rocks (Moses injury aside, Wade, etc). I thought it'd be funny to look back in April of 2022 and see who people predicted the elite players would be this far out.

Don't be scared to look bad in hindsight, who are you predicting the early selections/best players will be for the 2022 draft?

• Like 1

Just my opinion from the limited amount I've seen
-Derek Stingley CB LSU 
-Kayvon Thibodeaux  DE  Oregon
-Malik Willis  QB  Liberty
-Jordan Davis   DT  Georgia 
-Zach Harrisson   DE  Ohio State
-Rasheed Walker   LT  Penn State
-Haskell Garrett  DT  Ohio State

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Zach Harrisson   DE  Ohio State

Was a big 5 star recruit, but he's been a bit underwhelming so far.  5.5 sacks in 17 games so far.  He's flashed the potential, and he's a good athlete, so maybe he comes out and has a dominant junior season, but if I had to bet money, I think the Bucks leading sacker this year might be incoming Freshman Jack Sawyer.  He looked like a monster in spring practices.  Needs to add a little size still, but he has 3 years to do that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Garrett Wilson will be the first Ohio State WR drafted in 2022, not Chris Olave, although both may end up rd 1 picks

This wouldn't surprise me but give me Chris Olave all day.

A guy to keep an eye on as a big time riser in the draft process is Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT. He was probably their most consistent OL in 2020 and I think he would have been at worst a 3rd rounder had he declared. 

I would be surprised if Jeremy Ruckert wasn't the first TE off the board also. He's not going to put up a lot of production in 2021 because OSU TEs never do, but he's one of the better blocking TEs in football and has bigtime upside as a receiver.

I know Zach Harrison is getting a lot of hype but he's nowhere close to first round material at the moment. Apparently he took a big step up in the spring though and he's going to absolutely destroy the workouts (low 4.5's at 270 lbs sort of deal). Wouldn't shock me if he goes high based on traits alone but he just hasn't shown it on the field yet. 

Edited by BRANDON26841X

2 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

I know Zach Harrison is getting a lot of hype but he's nowhere close to first round material at the moment. Apparently he took a big step up in the spring though and he's going to absolutely destroy the workouts (low 4.5's at 270 lbs sort of deal). Wouldn't shock me if he goes high based on traits alone but he just hasn't shown it on the field yet. 

If Oweh can go rd 1 on workouts, so can Harrison, and Harrison is decent vs the run as well.  He needs a big year to be a top 10 type of player though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If Oweh can go rd 1 on workouts, so can Harrison, and Harrison is decent vs the run as well.  He needs a big year to be a top 10 type of player though.

100%. Buckeye fans are acting like Harrison needs to put up a 10-15 sack season to get first round consideration... clearly they don't follow the draft very closely; Harrison just needs to make some type of impact this season to go along with the absurd workout and I think he'll find himself there (like an Oweh). I just don't see the burst off the edge at all, but I've never seen it with Harrison. I knew he was raw but his highschool highlight film was one of the least impressive ones I've ever seen for a 5-star prospect. Nothing but upside / potential. 

Edited by BRANDON26841X

Derek Stingley is Generational
Thibodeaux is Blue Chip

Not sure about the QBs there's a lot of potential good QBs but the clear front runners early on are Spencer Rattler and Sam Howell. With probably a half dozen other guys who could rise as high as the top 10.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Danger said:

Derek Stingley is Generational
Thibodeaux is Blue Chip

Not sure about the QBs there's a lot of potential good QBs but the clear front runners early on are Spencer Rattler and Sam Howell. With probably a half dozen other guys who could rise as high as the top 10.

Malik Willis  will be next year's Zach Wilson. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

Malik Willis  will be next year's Zach Wilson. 

You also have names like Carson Strong, JT Daniels, Kedon Slovis, Matt Corral that are also potentially guys that could be up there.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Was a big 5 star recruit, but he's been a bit underwhelming so far.  5.5 sacks in 17 games so far.  He's flashed the potential, and he's a good athlete, so maybe he comes out and has a dominant junior season, but if I had to bet money, I think the Bucks leading sacker this year might be incoming Freshman Jack Sawyer.  He looked like a monster in spring practices.  Needs to add a little size still, but he has 3 years to do that.

If your looking for a dark horse on the Buckeyes its not Harrison--but Haskell Garrett. Im going to give a flaming hot take, but I think Garrett becomes DT1 in the next draft and he has a monster season building off last year. 

- Olave/Wilson might be the first 2 WRs drafted.

Edited by AkronsWitness