2022 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Prospect Standouts):

Ozzy

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Possibly but TJ Vasher on Texas Tech had tons of potential and upside and he was a UDFA, same with Antoine Wesley who was way better than Ezukanma and Vasher on Texas Tech.  WR classes are always crazy deep and even if 25-35 guys get drafted there are still 20 dudes who can play just sitting around as a UDFA.  2019 was an example of that Jakobi Meyers, Preston Williams, David Sills, Antonie Wesley, Anthony Johnson, Stanley Morgan, Keelan Doss, Greg Dortch, Olamide Zaccheaus, Johnnie Dixon, Tyron Johnson etc.  My guess is this guy will be one of those if he is lucky.  

Ehh, I don’t really care bulk stats in that system.   Vasher and Wesley were UDFA talents,   Ezukanma has way more athleticism than those 2.     Need to watch more,  but he has way better traits them.  

7 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Ehh, I don’t really care bulk stats in that system.   Vasher and Wesley were UDFA talents,   Ezukanma has way more athleticism than those 2.     Need to watch more,  but he has way better traits them.  

ShamefulDependentHarvestmouse-max-1mb.gi

AcidicCompetentIaerismetalmark-size_rest

Stats show production, sure sometimes can be misleading but Wesley was way more talented than Ezukanma in almost every way, bigger faster and better more smooth receiver in general.  And again if he is a UDFA and barely is even in the NFL not sure this other guys has a great chance but will see.  

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

ShamefulDependentHarvestmouse-max-1mb.gi

AcidicCompetentIaerismetalmark-size_rest

Stats show production, sure sometimes can be misleading but Wesley was way more talented than Ezukanma in almost every way, bigger faster and better more smooth receiver in general.  And again if he is a UDFA and barely is even in the NFL not sure this other guys has a great chance but will see.  

Ehh I saw plenty of Vasher and was never impressed.  I wouldn’t even compare the two players, aside from the school they went to.   Wesley was taller, I wouldn’t consider him bigger though.  Much slower footed also.  

Ezukanma has more more all around athleticism to me.   We’ll see I guess,  just found it odd no one talks about him on here.  

Week 11: Prospect Standouts

*David Ojabo Michigan RS SOPH DE:  Amazing play by him and I might have to change around my rankings, is listed as a JR but did not play at all in 2019 so I believe he is a RS SOPH and totally as 1st round potential.  Either way is as dominant this year as any pass rusher and combined with Hutchinson they have the best two pass rushers on any team in the nation.  Maybe he is being greatly helped having Hutchinson opposite him, but either way he is playing outstanding and teams cannot handle his speed off the edge and he has some big time power as well when he arrives to the QB.

*Jermaine Johnson Florida State SR OLB/DE:  Was a machine against Miami, I liked him a ton earlier in the season but has really taken to that true 4/3 DE spot and is playing outstanding for FSU.  Great size and strength and able to showcase more this year, just sky rocking his stock and really showing he could be a fine pass rusher in the league, could play 3/4 OLB, 4/3 DE or 3/4 ILB.  Super interesting player that is well worth a 2nd round pick if not higher than that.

*Habakkuk Baldonado Pitt RS JR DE:  Love his upside and potential, talked about him before but dude can just play football.  Great size, is a big time athlete and very strong at the point of attack and uses his hands very well, gets off blocks well and his upside is just huge.  Has not played football a ton but the kid is special and I think he is well worth a 1st round pick potentially even in a totally stacked edge class of pass rushers.  Baldonado has as much upside as any and kid has the frame for the position no question.

*Antonio Johnson Texas A&M SOPH CB:  Talked about him before, dude is a superstar CB and one of the most impressive defensive backs in the nation.  Ridiculous production from a nickel back and is very versatile, amazing tackler and almost any defense would be improved with him in the slot and moved around the field.  Really promising player and too bad he is not a RS SOPH because he could have went out and been a modertely high draft pick in this draft.

*SirVocea Dennis RS JR ILB Pitt:  Dude is a blur at ILB for Pitt, all over the place making plays and is super athletic, big time speedy linebacker for sure.  Love his range and he is one to watch, will have a choice to make on weather he should return to school or not, is a pretty deep ILB group but few have the speed Dennis has this year.  Great looking player and a must watch prospect going forward.

*Calijah Kancey RS SOPH DE Pitt:  Need to watch him more but wow what a bull out there, undersized DT but gets great push and plays with really good effort.  Combined with Baldonado, he can Kancey on the inside are arguably the best pass rushing DE/DT combo in the nation.  Kancey is having a great year and really is hell for the opposition to handle with his power and how low he plays to the group being only 6-0 or 5-11 275.

*James Cook Georgia SR RB:  Standout game by him running and pass catching, really showed off his athletic ability and skills.  Solid next level player especially considering who his brother is, does not always get opportunities but took the most of them in this game and was a true game changer for that Georgia offense.

*Arnold Ebiketie Penn State SR DE:  Another standout game by him, just continues to impress and get constant pressure off the edge.  Love how effectively he can get into the backfield and finish on the QB, absolutely worth a 2nd round pick if not a late 1st round selection.  One of the most improved players in the nation arguably.  

*DeMarvin Leal Texas A&M JR DT/DE:  Standout game by him no doubt, was all over the field making plays and showed off his outstanding athletic ability.  Not a huge surprise with his production, is probably best as a 4/3 DE or 3/4 DE, not sure he could play DT but has the size to do it possibly.  Really hard to deal with regardless and is easily a 1st round pick all day long.

*Jarrett Patterson Notre Dame SR C : I need to watch him more but dude is a legit center, has been around for awhile and at times was some what the weak link of that OL, is not anymore and is the true leader of that group.  Very sound at the point of attack in this game, solid player in a group of surprisingly solid centers, Patterson just adds one more to that group.

*Kenny Pickett RS SR QB Pitt:  Another solid showing by him, really gets out of the pocket well and keeps his eyes downfield.  Sure does not have an amazing arm but gets enough velocity on his throws and they are on time and accurate.  Greatly improving his draft stock game in and game out, would be surprised if he is not in the conversation for being a 1st round pick depending on the QBs that declare for the draft.  In terms of guys who could go out there and play right away, he is right there with anyone in the class, very prepared and ready QB with a lot of experience.

*Sam Howell JR QB UNC:  I was impressed with the toughness he showed in this game yet again, really has come on strong the past few weeks and played good solid football.  Threw very good and accurate deep passes that his receivers actually dropped more often than not.  Interesting talent and after a rough start has really turned his season around.

*Aidan Hutchinson Michigan SR DE:  Almost to the point of what is the point, dude is outstanding week in and week out, should be a top 3 pick in the draft but could fall because of team needs.  Either way dude is totally legit and is right there with Thib as the #1 DE in the class.  Outstanding season and is playing to the level of a top of the line NFL DE prospect.

*Logan Diggs Notre Dame FR RB:  Impressive size and athletic ability for sure, showed it big time in this game when he leaped over a defender.  Big kid and should be able to spell Williams and get some good production for that improving Notre Dame offense.

*Reuben Fatheree II Texas A&M FR OT:  Impressed by his play in the run game and his mobility as a blocker, still struggles in pass pro at times but stands out as a true freshman and will be one to watch in the future.  

Others who impressed:

Damarri Mathis RS SR CB Pitt

Abram Smith Baylor RS SR RB

Caleb Warren Ole Miss RS SOPH OG

Jared Wayne JR WR Pitt

Matt Hankins Iowa SR CB

Jarvis Brownlee Jr Florida State CB RS FR

Siaki Ika Baylor RS SOPH NT

Mar'Keise Irving Minnesota FR RB

Disappointed:

Joey Porter Jr Penn State RS SOPH CB - Kind of shocked how much he got beat in this game, and it was not by a big name WR.  Maybe he was just not up for the game or did not respect the receivers he was going against but got beat for multiple TDs.  Not a good showing by him after having a great year and a great game against Ohio State.  Did not bring it against Michigan that is for sure, I had him as a early entry guy and maybe 1st rounder but might be a bit early for that, will see how the rest of the year goes.

Nik Bonitto Oklahoma RS JR OLB - Kind of has disappointed recently, not getting home at the QB and not affecting the game much either.  With the domination many other pass rushers have shown this year Bonitto has not held up to that standard especially lately, will see if he can turn it on or not as the season goes on.  Thought for sure Bonitto was the top true 3/4 edge rusher not counting the guys who could play a true 4/3 DE spot, but no longer I think that one.  

Rasheed Walker Penn State RS JR OT - Had him as possibly a drafted guy this year but with how bad his season is this year no way should he come out for the draft.  Should need another season to develop, still love his build and his overall base but dude is having issues this year that is for sure and that Penn State team cannot run the ball at all and a huge part of that is the offensive line play.

Anyone that missed Jermaine Johnson against Miami here it is condensed highlights, super impressive game by him.

Edited by Ozzy

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Have you talked about Illinois OL Alex Palczewski yet? Was watching Chase Brown, and #63 kept destroying people.

I have been more impressed with Doug Kramer to be honest with you.  Amazing at pulling around and moving at center I feel.  Physically I like Lowe but not sure he is elite, Palczewski I would need to watch more.  Kind of like on Minnesota there are guys that look awesome in the run game but so what if you cannot hold up in pass pro, a lot of guys are like that in run heavy systems, and I assume Palczewski would be in that boat but again I would have to watch him more.  

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jermaine Johnson has been my fave likely round 2 DE. Is he going to be a 24 year old rookie tho? No idea what his age is.

He is old but not really an issue, listed as a RS SR but only played 19-20, 20-21 and 21-22 seasons, so only three years so not sure if there was a prep school in there or JUCO or something.  Either way he is playing great and really has taken his game to another level on FSU.

If one is just talking edge players be it a 3/4 OLB or a 4/3 DE there is an absolute ton of talent in this draft class!

Could argue Thibodeau and Hutchinson should go #1 and #2 in the draft, Hutchinson is flat dominating and Thibodeau has done that for years.  There will be tons of good players who drop into the 2nd round especially if Baldonado and Ojabo declare for the draft both have absolutely shot up my rankings and if they declare could easily be 1st round picks.  Then there is Bonitto who is a blur on the edge who could be a great 3/4 OLB pass rusher and Leal is a straight out stud who I think would be outstanding on the edge but could also play DT but I assume he stays outside in the NFL.  Foskey most likely does not declare but if he does is well worth a 1st round pick and has been great this year and is a standout athlete.  Then Karlaftis who is potentially a top 15-20 guy but most likely falls because of the depth and talent in this class.  Myjai Sanders who is a freak show athlete with tons of potential, same with Barno could easily fall into the 2nd round with how good some of the other guys have been.  Same with Zach Harrison, and guys like Ebiketie and Jermaine Johnson and Sam Williams are all super impressive and really productive pass rushers this year who have all stood out especially Ebiketie and Johnson.  Adam Anderson drops because of the charges he has but could be in the mix if he gets cleared, most likely not though I assume what has been report is correct.  Then have Tyree Johnson and Tyreke Smith just sitting there, and the list goes on and on.  Then there are guys like Mafe who have been outstanding this year and Tre Williams or McDonald who has over 10 sacks and could be a great later round pick and in a different class all would be picked higher.  Then there is Enagbare who is a beast, Thomas who is long and very athletic, Carney has had a great year, Vanvalkenburg is solid and Luketa has amazing versatility.  Then with Christopher Allen who was poised for a breakout season before he got hurt, same with Gaye and Andre Anthony who has great versatility as a 3/4 OLB possibly.  Cox has pass rush potential, so does Gunter and Xavier Thomas is obviously a top rated high school prospect with a lot of ability and Drake Jackson is a stud but could fall big time in such a deep class, same with Clemons.  

Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR
Aidan Hutchinson Michigan
DeMarvin Leal Texas A&M JR
David Ojabo Michigan RS SOPH
Nik Bonitto Oklahoma RS JR
Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame RS SOPH DE
Habakkuk Baldonado Pitt RS JR
George Karlaftis Purdue JR
Myjai Sanders Cincinnati
Zach Harrison Ohio State JR
Amare Barno VirginiaTech RS JR
Arnold Ebiketie Penn State
Jermaine Johnson Florida State
Sam Williams Ole Miss
Adam Anderson Georgia
Tyreke Smith Ohio State
Tyree Johnson Texas A&M RS
Boye Mafe Minnesota RS
Isaiah Thomas Oklahoma RS
Kingsley Enagbare South Carolina
Owen Carney Jr Illinois
Tre Williams Arkansas RS
Will McDonald IV Iowa State RS JR
Zach VanValkenburg Iowa RS
Jesse Luketa Penn State
Christopher Allen Alabama RS
Ali Gaye LSU
Andre Anthony LSU RS
Brenton Cox Jr Florida RS JR
Jeffrey Gunter Coastal Carolina
Xavier Thomas Clemson
Drake Jackson USC JR
Michael Clemons Texas A&M

After all of these guys sure it goes down a bit, and sure I forgot some but still it is flat insane how many good pass rushers and edge players there are in this draft class.  And that is not including the likes of Colby Wooden, Zachary Carter, Eyioma Uwazurike or Joshua Paschal because all are probably more 3/4 DEs or more of a potential 4/3 DT especially with Wooden and Carter but both could be a fine 4/3 DE as well. 

It is just flat insane, not sure there is a better edge/DE class in recent memory with this much depth, sure could change if some guys return to school but if just considering only the top 2 juniors it is still a really stacked class of senior players.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

I didn't love Foskey when I watched him. Looked like he was getting by mostly on athleticism, but doesn't really have moves/strength. Nice clay to mold, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st (based on limited viewing) A little too boom or bust for me, ala Danielle Hunter. 

I need to watch Baldonado and Ebiketie.

Will McDonald looked like a guy who could be a solid 3/4 OLB, but wouldn't hold up as a true 4-3 DE on the edge (like Jermaine Johnson could)

Edited by Jeezla

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I didn't love Foskey when I watched him. Looked like he was getting by mostly on athleticism, but doesn't really have moves/strength. Nice clay to mold, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st (based on limited viewing) A little too boom or bust for me, ala Danielle Hunter. 

I need to watch Baldonado and Ebiketie.

Will McDonald looked like a guy who could be a solid 3/4 OLB, but wouldn't hold up as a true 4-3 DE on the edge (like Jermaine Johnson could)

Foskey is just as productive and Myjai Sanders, both a little more speed guys than power but both had a huge upside.  Compared to Sanders I would say Foskey has more upside, 8 sacks and 3 forced fumbles this year with potentially three more games to play is some awesome production especially from a RS SOPH.  Sure could be benefiting from that Notre Dame system under Freeman but I would take a late 1st with him.

Ebiketie might be a reach as a 1st rounder but he has played as good as many top DEs in the nation, same with Baldonado who has as much upside as any.

Also not sure Danielle Hunter is the comparison, he is a super star player and was a 3rd round pick, not sure any of these guys will fall to the 3rd round.  Usually boom or bust would be a 1st rounder with a lot of athletic ability but not much production.  

Yes no way McDonald would hold up as a 4/3 DE, no way so he is a 3/4 OLB all the way no question I feel.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Foskey is just as productive and Myjai Sanders, both a little more speed guys than power but both had a huge upside.  Compared to Sanders I would say Foskey has more upside, 8 sacks and 3 forced fumbles this year with potentially three more games to play is some awesome production especially from a RS SOPH.  Sure could be benefiting from that Notre Dame system under Freeman but I would take a late 1st with him.

Ebiketie might be a reach as a 1st rounder but he has played as good as many top DEs in the nation, same with Baldonado who has as much upside as any.

Also not sure Danielle Hunter is the comparison, he is a super star player and was a 3rd round pick, not sure any of these guys will fall to the 3rd round.  Usually boom or bust would be a 1st rounder with a lot of athletic ability but not much production.  

Yes no way McDonald would hold up as a 4/3 DE, no way so he is a 3/4 OLB all the way no question I feel.  

I'm not saying Foskey can't be good, he just looks really raw to me. I don't know if the way he's getting his sacks right now will fly in the NFL, but he is a nice ball of clay for a DL coach to mold. Danielle Hunter is my comp because hunter was super finesse for his size and had no real moves besides being more athletic than the guy across from him.

I can't find any youtube vids of Baldonado, but watched what I could on Ebiketie. He definitely has the burst you look for around the edge. Not sure about the length. Curious what his arms will measure.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I'm not saying Foskey can't be good, he just looks really raw to me. I don't know if the way he's getting his sacks right now will fly in the NFL, but he is a nice ball of clay for a DL coach to mold. Danielle Hunter is my comp because hunter was super finesse for his size and had no real moves besides being more athletic than the guy across from him.

True but Danielle had 1.5 sacks his final year on LSU and only 4.5 in three years at LSU so Foskey I would say is way more proven in his ability to get to the passer than Hunter was.  Also seriously doubt Foskey is anywhere close to the athlete Hunter is out of college and what he ultimately became.  But sure might be a bit early for Foskey to leave for the draft and possibly he will not, still not sure Sanders is that much better than him thus I have him in the 1st and Sanders in the 2nd at the moment.  Sanders only has two sacks this year and has been disappointing a bit in that regard, gets pressure but does not hold the point of attack well and does not impact the game as much as one would have thought.  

Karlaftis has also kind of disappointed in terms of no getting home to the QB, has had good games but then some not so great games.  Where say Ebiketie, Jermaine Johnson, Sam Williams and Mafe standout almost every time one watches them play this year and all are greatly improving their draft stock.  

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True but Danielle had 1.5 sacks his final year on LSU and only 4.5 in three years at LSU so Foskey I would say is way more proven in his ability to get to the passer than Hunter was.  Also seriously doubt Foskey is anywhere close to the athlete Hunter is out of college and what he ultimately became.  But sure might be a bit early for Foskey to leave for the draft and possibly he will not, still not sure Sanders is that much better than him thus I have him in the 1st and Sanders in the 2nd at the moment.  Sanders only has two sacks this year and has been disappointing a bit in that regard, gets pressure but does not hold the point of attack well and does not impact the game as much as one would have thought.  

Karlaftis has also kind of disappointed in terms of no getting home to the QB, has had good games but then some not so great games.  Where say Ebiketie, Jermaine Johnson, Sam Williams and Mafe standout almost every time one watches them play this year and all are greatly improving their draft stock.  

I didn't really love Myjai Sanders when I watched. Looked like a round 2/round 3 guy to me. And that's also what Karlaftis has looked like this year. I don't know if he got worse, but he certainly didn't get better.

Sam Williams looked a little better than both to me. 

I have no idea who the #3 edge is after Thib and Hutch. It would probably be Jermaine if he was a true junior. Drake and Kingsley can be lumped in with Myjai and Karflaftis as looking like round 2/3 guys.

Hard to say if Sam Williams or Ebiketie looks better, but I like them both. Will McDonald too if my team ran a 3/4. Those 3 look like they could potentially get you 6+ sacks in a rotation, even if they aren't pro bowl guys. Then there's Jermaine, who looks like a potential above-average starter at DE, and then there's Thibodeaux and Hutchinson who look like pro bowl fixtures.

Edited by Jeezla