2022 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Prospect Standouts):

Ozzy

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I didn't really love Myjai Sanders when I watched. Looked like a round 2/round 3 guy to me. And that's also what Karlaftis has looked like this year. I don't know if he got worse, but he certainly didn't get better.

Sam Williams looked a little better than both to me. 

I have no idea who the #3 edge is after Thib and Hutch. It would probably be Jermaine if he was a true junior. Drake and Kingsley can be lumped in with Myjai and Karflaftis as looking like round 2/3 guys.

Hard to say if Sam Williams or Ebiketie looks better, but I like them both. 

Leal and Ojabo I have as potentially the 3rd DE.  Foskey and Baldonado could change things if they declare but both would be behind those four anyway most likely.  Ebiketie probably is not a 1st round pick but has played amazing this year ever time I have seen him and is as productive as any DE in the nation, does not always get home to the QB but seems to be constantly in the backfield.  Barno has also been a little disappointing but is still young and could easily come back for another season. Karlaftis I think still could be a 1st rounder, but sure is not as dominating as he was as a freshman.  

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Leal and Ojabo I have as potentially the 3rd DE.  Foskey and Baldonado could change things if they declare but both would be behind those four anyway most likely.  Ebiketie probably is not a 1st round pick but has played amazing this year ever time I have seen him and is as productive as any DE in the nation, does not always get home to the QB but seems to be constantly in the backfield.  Barno has also been a little disappointing but is still young and could easily come back for another season. Karlaftis I think still could be a 1st rounder, but sure is not as dominating as he was as a freshman.  

I probably need to watch more Leal, but watching him against Ark and Bama left me not impressed. That game is what lead me to liking Stromberg. 

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I probably need to watch more Leal, but watching him against Ark and Bama left me not impressed. That game is what lead me to liking Stromberg. 

So you must not have watched him against Ole Miss or last year, played great in that one last week, got a sack and a forced fumble and the dude is huge at 290 and few if anyone in the nation moves like him at 290 pounds being 6-4.  Could play DT but could really punish guys as a 4/3 DE and has the athletic ability to do so.  If one considers him a DE/DT he is easily a top 15-20 pick no question about it.

11 hours ago, jebrick said:

There will be real quality EDGE players drafted in the 2nd round and possibly 3rd.  I do think there will be a run on them and OT in the 1st.  OT being the other deep position in this draft.

Not sure OT is a deep position honestly, Evan Neal is the best one easily but even he might be better at OG for sure RT thank LT.  Petit-Frere I am confident could be the #1 OT but even he has had some poor moments.  After that who knows, Kinnard is good but Tucker has been kind of up an down, Faalele who knows and I think he could return to school for another year.  Eze I like from TCU but not sure how elite he is, Salyer is good but might be better at guard, same with Zion Johnson.  Lucas from Washington State I like but not sure how elite he is, same with Sean Rhyan.  Zion Nelson has disappointed this year, same with Rasheed Walker who has not business even going out for the draft.  Steve Jones is ok on Oregon but was moved to guard and Caleb Jones has struggle honestly as a massive dude in pass pro.  

So seriously not sure it is a deep OT class what so ever.  

It is nothing like 2020 what so ever, that was a loaded class with a ton of locks.

Wirfs
Thomas
Wills
Becton
Austin Jackson

Sure Isaiah Wilson was a bust but all those other guys all start and some are super star players.  Yeah Josh Jones and Cleveland became guards but both are starting also.  No way this 2022 class has five guys even worth a 1st round pick at OT, honestly I would only be comfortable with for sure saying two of them are worth a 1st round pick right now.  

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I have Neal, Cross ( if he comes out), Penning and perhaps Petit-Frere with 1st round grades

Munford, Rhyan, Faalele, Kirkland and Nelson as 2nd rounders

I have not seen Trevor Penning, hopefully for the OT class sake he is good but honestly how can he be that much better than Spencer Brown who I loved after seeing him at the senior bowl and was a super star workout wise.   Would be shocked if Penning is even close to as good as he is.  Brown has what 4 starts already as a 3rd round pick.  

Cross I need to watch more of but he is not super impressive physically, good athlete but wish he was bigger and more powerful and long.  Also benefits from that quick passing game he does not have to hold up for very long in that offense and the ball is out.  Dillard benefited from that a few years back at Washington State and was drafted high after a good workout but not sure he has been all that great in the NFL.  

Kirkland has kind of sucked this year honestly, Hutchinson dominated him totally and made him look pretty bad.  Munford is a OG in the NFL and should stay there, might not hold up at OT and looks much better as a OG.  Nelson got beat up last game I saw him, hopefully he does not declare and again Faalele needs another year.  Totally destroys guys in the run game but pass pro is still sometimes an issue for him.

Still no way this class has anything on the 2020 class, if anything it is kind of weak potentially.  

The center class and the OG class could be deeper, especially the center class which has a lot of solid players, sure not all super high level, same with guard but quality players.  

OG
Evan Neal Alabama JR
Justin Shaffer Georgia
Kenyon Green Texas A&M JR
Zion Johnson Boston College
Thayer Munford Ohio State RS
Jamaree Salyer Georgia
Marcus McKethan UNC RS
Ryan Liam Washington State RS
Luke Fortner Kentucky RS
Alec Lindstrom Boston College RS
Kevin Jarvis Michigan State RS
Stewart Reese Florida RS
Brandon Council Auburn
Will Ulmer Marshall RS
Blaise Andries Minnesota RS
Atonio Mafi UCLA
Edward Ingram LSU
Sam Schlueter Minnesota RS
Kyler Schott Iowa RS

C
Tyler Linderbaum Iowa JR
Jarrett Patterson Notre Dame
Nick Brahms Auburn RS
Andrew Vastardis Michigan RS
Doug Kramer Illinois RS
Conner Olson Minnesota RS
John Michael Schmitz Minnesota RS

Still not sure if Neal should be a guard, Shaffer is a beast at times though, same with Green and Zion has tons of potential.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I have not seen Trevor Penning, hopefully for the OT class sake he is good but honestly how can he be that much better than Spencer Brown who I loved after seeing him at the senior bowl and was a super star workout wise.   Would be shocked if Penning is even close to as good as he is.  Brown has what 4 starts already as a 3rd round pick.  

Cross I need to watch more of but he is not super impressive physically, good athlete but wish he was bigger and more powerful and long.  Also benefits from that quick passing game he does not have to hold up for very long in that offense and the ball is out.  Dillard benefited from that a few years back at Washington State and was drafted high after a good workout but not sure he has been all that great in the NFL.  

Kirkland has kind of sucked this year honestly, Hutchinson dominated him totally and made him look pretty bad.  Munford is a OG in the NFL and should stay there, might not hold up at OT and looks much better as a OG.  Nelson got beat up last game I saw him, hopefully he does not declare and again Faalele needs another year.  Totally destroys guys in the run game but pass pro is still sometimes an issue for him.

Still no way this class has anything on the 2020 class, if anything it is kind of weak potentially.  

The center class and the OG class could be deeper, especially the center class which has a lot of solid players, sure not all super high level, same with guard but quality players.  

OG
Evan Neal Alabama JR
Justin Shaffer Georgia
Kenyon Green Texas A&M JR
Zion Johnson Boston College
Thayer Munford Ohio State RS
Jamaree Salyer Georgia
Marcus McKethan UNC RS
Ryan Liam Washington State RS
Luke Fortner Kentucky RS
Alec Lindstrom Boston College RS
Kevin Jarvis Michigan State RS
Stewart Reese Florida RS
Brandon Council Auburn
Will Ulmer Marshall RS
Blaise Andries Minnesota RS
Atonio Mafi UCLA
Edward Ingram LSU
Sam Schlueter Minnesota RS
Kyler Schott Iowa RS

C
Tyler Linderbaum Iowa JR
Jarrett Patterson Notre Dame
Nick Brahms Auburn RS
Andrew Vastardis Michigan RS
Doug Kramer Illinois RS
Conner Olson Minnesota RS
John Michael Schmitz Minnesota RS

Still not sure if Neal should be a guard, Shaffer is a beast at times though, same with Green and Zion has tons of potential.  

What about Ekwonu at Guard?

5 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

What about Ekwonu at Guard?

I like him a lot, but have him listed as a OT right now, sure could play guard but also could play OT.  Is listed as a sophomore currently, is very good and took that COVID year but is a junior in terms of playing.  Could declare or could return and be a 1st rounder in 2023, would help the class though this year, could be up there this year if he comes out, I have not seen him this year though but sure he is even better than last year.  

On 11/17/2021 at 3:57 AM, Ozzy said:

I like him a lot, but have him listed as a OT right now, sure could play guard but also could play OT.  Is listed as a sophomore currently, is very good and took that COVID year but is a junior in terms of playing.  Could declare or could return and be a 1st rounder in 2023, would help the class though this year, could be up there this year if he comes out, I have not seen him this year though but sure he is even better than last year.  

He is better than last year especially in pass pro

Week 12: Prospect Standouts

*Braelon Allen Wisconsin FR RB:  The dude is wildly impressive and is arguably right there with Henderson on Ohio State which is impressive in itself, and Allen runs behind a much worse offensive line than Ohio State who arguably have the best OL in the nation, not to mention the best offense and overall passing game which helps open things up.  Allen has to run against a stacked box all the time, and he plays so much faster than most dudes almost 240, and carries that weight so well.  Should be another super star back for Wisconsin unless they run the dude into the ground, but that is why they come there to be the star and get the carries.  Amazing season by him and obviously the best game of his career so far.

*Keytaon Thompson Virginia RS SR WR:  Love his toughness and ability after the catch, should be really flying up the draft boards as a big body receiver who can make plays and yards after contact.  Obviously is a tough versatile player but dude is greatly helping his draft stock and also is benefiting from an amazing year by Armstrong at QB.  Real standout receiver especially in the middle rounds should be a steal.  

*Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR:  Standout game by him yet again, just torched that Arkansas secondary, really has come on this year and athletically he is as good as any WR in the up coming draft.  Should be a high 1st round pick and really displayed some big time game breaking ability in this one.

*Brennan Armstrong Virginia RS JR QB:  Standout game by him and moving the football passing is just so easy for him to do.  Is arguably one of the top 4 or 5 most impressive QBs in terms of passing in the nation and will have a choice to make.  Could come out for the draft and arguably be a top 5 QB in the class or return and improve his stock even more.  Dude is balling out though and spreads the football around so well.

*Bamidele Olaseni Utah RS SR OT:  Need to watch more of him but dude is absolutely massive out there, apparently from England so is clearly some what new to football.  Has not played much, first full year starting at this level I believe.  Will be interesting come draft day but with that size and length I bet more than a few teams want a look at him and possibly draft him.  Played good for Utah in that game and is clearly key to that run game with the power and movement he can get on the line.

*Cole Bishop Utah FR S:  Have not seen him a lot but seems like he can really hit and is a super tough and physical safety.  Very young player but is one to watch for that Utah defense going forward, seems to have a lot of ability for a young player.

*Brant Kuithe Utah JR TE:  Stood out for his blocking, really went after it and drove defenders back even though he is not this giant dude that is super thick.  Interesting competitor and will be one to watch for Utah in the future, is very key to that entire team in the passing game and in the run game with his consistent blocking.

*Dawand Jones Ohio State JR OT:  Really promising player, brought him up already and will be interesting what he does in the draft.  Could argue he could be a top 4 OT prospect and maybe even 1st round pick if he was to declare.  Great athlete, massive human being and part of the best OL in the nation at Ohio State.  

*Eyioma Uwazurike Iowa State RS SR DE/DT:  One of the best true 3/4 DEs in the draft, having an awesome year and the guy is just massive.  Really gets a good push and has allowed that Iowa State defense to stay in that true 3/3/5 scheme.  Awesome play by him and he will be one to watch for any 3/4 defensive team in the NFL.

*Treylon Burks Arkansas JR WR:  Showed off his elite ability in a huge game for Arkansas.  Really was hard to handle on the outside for Bama and he could not be stopped at times, such a huge kid and in a super deep class it is still hard to argue he is not the best receiver of them all.  Will greatly depend on how he works out and what times he gets, but kid showed off some solid athletic ability and great potential after the catch with his size and speed.  

*Mike Rose Iowa State SR ILB:  Another solid game for him, very instinctive linebacker and got a few sacks and pressures in this game.  Wish he was a little stronger at the point of attack but the kid can play and should be a great pickup as a mid round draft pick, productive playmaker at the position.  

*ZaQuandre White South Carolina RS SR RB:  No clue where this guy has come from but is really playing great football for them and getting big time yards rushing and in the passing game.  Really glides out there running the football, finds holes and makes big plays for them.  Is a well built back and if there is any time to shine it is now for him.  A RS SR, have never really done much of anything before right now, but had one hell of a game and has been the last few games.  Could maybe sneak into the later rounds of the draft but worst case be a potential UDFA.

*Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota RS JR TE:  Impressive game by him and he showed off some big time athletic ability in that game as well.  Surprised he is not used more in that offense, is a giant kid and a solid athlete, probably still needs another year of college football to fully develop but is an interesting talent physically.

*Carson Strong Nevada RS JR QB:  Had a great game in a big loss for Nevada.  Dude clearly has a talented throwing arm and can get the football in some tight windows.  Wish he was a little more athletic and mobile of course but in terms of being a big body kid with a rocket arm he can sure make some throws.  

*Jalen Redmond Oklahoma RS SOPH DT:  Interesting talent at DT, really athletic kid that can get up field and make plays.  Made some huge plays in this game and has a pretty high motor.  Part of a solid showing in terms of pass rushing for that OU unit, interesting young talent for sure.

*Garrett Nelson Nebraska RS SOPH DE/OLB:  Standout game by him and he was hard to handle on the edge, one of the few Nebraska defenders that showed up in that game.  Has come back off injury and looked really good, will be one to build around for them in the future, was good last year and has been solid again this season.

*Tyler Van Dyke Miami FL FR QB:  Dude is a standout player for them and has totally changed their football season.  Love the pace he throws the football with, very catchable pass, willing to take risks and throws accurate on time footballs.  Outstanding freshman year for him and should be the long term starter going forward.  

*Will Shipley Clemson FR RB:  Interesting talent, shows great passion for the game when he plays and is a versatile back that can do a variety of things.  Will be one to watch in the future for them no doubt about it as an all around back.

Others who impressed:

Beaux Collins Clemson FR WR

Jelani Woods Virginia RS JR TE

Tavion Thomas Utah RS SOPH RB

Garrett Wilson Ohio State JR WR

Chris Olave Ohio State SR WR

Romeo Doubs Nevada SR WR

Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame RS SOPH DE

Myles Murphy Clemson SOPH DE

Jack Bech LSU FR TE

DJ Uiagalelei Clemson SOPH QB

Devin Lloyd Utah RS JR LB

Chris Steele USC JR CB

Disappointed:

Caleb Williams Oklahoma FR QB - And people rip on Rattler when I commented on the fact that WRs kind of stink, so does the run game and the OL.  Well go ask Caleb about that same issue, not an impressive performance by him because of those issues and they were lucky to win the game.  He had that huge run which helped but sure did not throw the ball well against that experienced Iowa State defense.

Kenneth Walker III Michigan State JR RB - Tough game for him and that entire Michigan State team.  Not sure it was his fault though, they got behind so quickly and clearly the run game was completely taken out of play because of it.  Disappointing showing for him still, will see if he and that Michigan State team can bounce back against an even better defense in Penn State next week.

Breece Hall Iowa State JR RB - Hard to get a read on him, last year I was not super impressed with him despite his production, this year at times has looked great but like in this one did not really show up much.  Love how he is built physically, thick kid with good balance and power.  Just not sure how elite he is, as a mid round pick could be ok but anything higher than that could be a reach.

Jahleel Billingsley Alabama JR TE - Super disappointing year by him, really needs another season in college.  Talented kid but just has not put it together this year after showing so much last year and potentially being a breakout TE prospect, not so much this year.  

Edited by Ozzy

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Which OL manhandles DL the most? Who making pancakes on the regular? Regardless of OT, C, or OG? Ekwonu?

Evan Neal can manhandle anyone in college if he puts his mind to it, especially if he was a RT or put back into OG.  Daniel Faalele can crush anyone when he puts his mind to it also and can just crush the defender.  In terms of pure pancakes that is pretty hard to pull off and not sure anyone does that consistently, was talk last year of Teven Jenkins sustaining blocks and driving guys, same with Darrisaw with both having highlights of that and obviously Darrisaw has been decent in the NFL but nothing like in those clips and Jenkins has been hurt and or rarely has played.

Best OL in the nation is Ohio State no question, Dawand Jones can really move dudes as can the guards and their LT has great feet.  

Justin Shaffer can really drive dudes back and I have been impressed with him, Sean Rhyan has a great base and is really solid at getting a push.  In terms of just driving guys backwards with great blocking, Erick All and Brant Kuithe have really stood out but both are TEs and not super big but have really good leg drive, not sure any OL do that consistently but again most cannot or could get called for blocking downfield depending on the play call.

Granted no one really like Toniu Fonoti where dudes just fly when he hits them like the first few minutes of this video, but that was a different time and a different game, OL cannot really play like that anymore because it is more about conditioning, athletic ability and pass pro than power run game.

If Brennan Armstrong tightens up his release he could be a steal.

ZaQuandre White has elite tools but just rarely shows it for whatever the reason. 

Dawand Jones and Dan Faalele are both massive men with length but get embarrassed by athleticism. No bueno.

Devin Lloyd's closing explosiveness looks like the best in this class.

Garrett Wilson is going to be a handful 1 on 1 but he lacks size and speed. He gives me big Jarvis Landry vibes. 

DE Jermaine Johnson was unblockable and looks like a future star.

Carson Strong has arm talent but his mobility is a liability. It's cliche to say that with pocket passers but he really struggles to move.

Phil Jurkovec is an intriguing guy with starter tools and surprising running ability but he's also a lumbering big body in the pocket that lacks quickness and is too tough for his own good.

Edited by BrownLeader