2022 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Prospect Standouts):

Ozzy

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Did you see what Salyer was doing to him? Maybe we saw two different things...

Trust me, there are already articles by reputable people about what happened. 

How can you say he was afraid to shine though? Did you speak to him? Come on man that’s close to I looked into his eyes and knew he was changed comment.

10 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

How can you say he was afraid to shine though? Did you speak to him? Come on man that’s close to a look into his eyes comment.

No, not at all but I can judge how he plays. My whole point is, its easy to bully someone who is scared of you, I want to see if you can do the same thing when someone is out to eat your lunch.

Which should be fair

Edited by MSURacerDT55

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I just dont see Hutch and Young in the same category, Young is an easy bender and Hutchinson is power based. And the difference between the two arguments is you literally saw in games 2 and 3 guys the whole game on Young, you have to search to find times in the UGA game when teams doubled him. Like the percentage of him being doubled in that game is very low which means he was locked up by a single blocker and im sorry that doesnt fly with me.

But I guess the good thing about it is, we all have a different perspective on things which is fine.

Don't get me wrong, I would take as a prospect Chase Young over Hutchinson.  Still Young did play with far more talent than Hutchinson did this past season arguably so there is that.  Still in terms of this season hard to find a player that played better than Hutchinson in this specific draft.  But I do not know the percentage of times Hutchinson was doubled this year but I seriously doubt he was never double teamed all season long.  

I still say he was totally schemed out of the game based on the amount of players that touched the ball and how quickly they got rid of the football.  They totally eliminated the pass rush and when he did get a rush they threw behind him usually, and Ojabo was even less effective than Hutchinson was in that game.  In the game out of the 30 pass plays Georgia had, I would guess the only time Bennett held the ball for more than 2-3 seconds was when he was scrambling to extend the play or run.  They spread the ball around, kept guys fresh and kept Michigan off balance.  

One game does not make a season.  Hutchinson made multiple plays in that game just sure on paper did nothing outside of 1 TFL.  What was it 17-0 with 12:30 or so left in the 2nd and it was 27-3 at Half time for a team that never trailed at the half, yeah they were not built to come back from that.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Thoughts on Troy Andersen, LB out of Montana State?

I heard him mentioned in that game, have not watched him enough though and apparently he has played QB for them and RB as well.  Is kind of new to LB but sure makes a lot of tackles, would have to dive more into it though, he will be at the Senior bowl so that will be interesting how he does.

Also apparently will time out well athletically so will see, could be an interesting LB prospect no doubt.  

Sucks Tommy Mellott got hurt, would have been fun watching him he impressed the last few weeks they played.  NDSU has some OL who are interesting #70 and #67 could be NFL players, Watson is a legit big play weapon and Hunter Luepke is interesting as a RB/HB/FB/TE type.  

Isaiah Foskey RS SOPH DE Notre Dame is returning to school for 2022.  Dude had 11 sacks and 6 forced fumbles, still is raw but I think he had talent enough to be a sleeper 1st round pick with his upside.  Talk about a week for Notre Dame, they first get Brandon Joseph the transfer from Northwestern to commit and now get one of the best pass rushers in the nation to return to school.

Not a huge surprise but could be one of the biggest names to say he is returning for 2022.  

With Joseph and Foskey combined with Mayer, could argue Notre Dame has 3 of the top 15 players in the country next year.  Easily all three could be top 15 picks with good seasons, no question Mayer will be a top 15 guy.

Oh and this guy is returning as well, Jarrett Patterson probably a 2nd round pick 3rd at worst.  Amazing few days for Notre Dame no question about it!

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-jarrett-patterson-to-return-in-2022

Edited by Ozzy
and another one...
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 2:48 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Did you see what Salyer was doing to him? Maybe we saw two different things...

Trust me, there are already articles by reputable people about what happened. 

Also, the one game thing probably isnt fair but we all know UGA and the SEC period is the standard for which high level football is played at the collegiate game. I look for big time players to play big and he didn't. 

I guess I just put more emphasis on performance.

Eh.. I think he was going up against the RT McClendon as much or more than Salyer.

That narrative that's gone around that he had a terrible game is just false. He showed the traits that have made him one of the best DE prospects in a minute. 

I wouldn't compare him to Young tho. He's more like a bigger Max Crosby.

9 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Eh.. I think he was going up against the RT McClendon as much or more than Salyer.

That narrative that's gone around that he had a terrible game is just false. He showed the traits that have made him one of the best DE prospects in a minute. 

-I said that in my original post 

-I disagree with the second part, but you are entitled to your opinion, outside of hustle, I just don't see it, let alone be the best prospect "in a minute". I would love for you to sell me on what you saw that makes him an elite edge player at the next level. 

-And he is not Maxx Crosby, they don't have the same athleticism nor the bend 

-I actually think Ojabo might end up having a better career than Hutchinson IMO

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

Prospect Standouts: Championship game

*Travon Walker Georgia JR DE:  I have brought him up a few times but dude is going to be a 1st round pick.  Monster end who could play in a 3/4 or 4/3, plays with such power and is such a great athlete for being a really massive dude.

*Christian Harris Alabama JR LB:  Probably played his best game of the season, was all over the place making plays and really got after the passer on those blitzes.  Still I view him more as a OLB possibly but as a blitzing ILB in a 3/4 he could be a very good pro.  Had had a suspect season but really showed out in this game.

*Bryce Young Alabama SOPH QB:  Obviously missed Metchie and Williams big time, still made plays despite the lack of weapons to throw the ball too.  Got pressured a ton and hit a lot, but the leadership and poise he showed this year was special.  Improved throughout the year and prepares so well and is so level headed.  Easily a top 3 pick in next years draft if he continues with such high level play, most likely #1 overall but will see how he does next year.

*Stetson Bennett Georgia RS SR QB:  Amazing story by the kid and he played great especially in his game.  Showed great resolve and toughness.  Kid can throw the football, sure makes mistakes but he has guts and considering it is a not so deep QB class he could maybe be a late round pick as odd as that sounds, long shot but I could see him if not a late round guy maybe a UDFA.  His toughness and mental resilience is super rare and his story is one for the ages.

*Nakobe Dean Georgia JR ILB:  Another great game by him, was super motivated and showed great leadership in his one as well.  Awesome speed, if he times out well could easily be a top 20 pick possibly.  Could help any defense and has greatly improved as a linebacker and made a huge impact for the team with his play and leadership.  

*Dallas Turner Alabama FR OLB/DE:  Outstanding game by him, really brought the pressure off the edge and is such an athletic edge rusher.  He will be hell to deal with next year opposite Will Anderson no question about it.  

*Lewis Cine Georgia JR S:  Honestly have not noticed him much this season but stood out in this game, had some very solid form tackles and big hits in space.  Has decent enough rage and played great but hard to get a read on those DBs because if Williams did not get hurt it would have been a different game.

*Cameron Latu Alabama RS JR TE:  Standout game by him and it is shocking he kind of took the place of Billingsley as the playmaking TE for Bama but he absolutely has.  Really stood out after Williams went down with some huge catches, good looking athlete who has taken to the position well after his transition from linebacker.   

Note:  Salyer moving to OG in that game helped them greatly and helped their run game greatly.  He is clearly not a great tackle and moving him in helped that protection and helped them control the line more.  Honestly though Bama had their two starting corners out of the game and the two starting receivers.  Would Georgia have won if all those guys played?  Not so sure about that, granted the Bama backups at times were better than the starters this year, especially against Cinci but they were exposed a bit in this one when attacked deep down field especially late in the game.

Brennan Armstrong is still on the fence if he is declaring but it is pretty nuts the guys that are coming back to school at QB for 2022.  All the guys in bold I had as potential guys who would have declared in 2022 for the draft but have all decided to come back to school again for another year, some for obvious reasons though like Rattler and Slovis.  

Bo Nix Oregon
Spencer Rattler South Carolina RS SOPH
Kedon Slovis Pitt
Phil Jurkovec Boston College RS

Will Levis Kentucky RS
Dorian Thompson-Robinson UCLA RS
Taulia Tagovailoa Maryland
Sam Hartman Wake Forest RS SOPH
Hendon Hooker Tennessee RS
JT Daniels Georgia RS
Gerry Bohanon Baylor RS
Jayden Daniels Arizona State
Dillon Gabriel Oklahoma

Malik Cunningham Louisville RS
Sean Clifford Penn State RS
Casey Thompson Nebraska RS
Spencer Sanders Ok State RS
Adrian Martinez Kansas State
Michael Penix Jr Washington RS
Tyler Shough Texas Tech
Hank Bachmeier Boise State
Tanner Morgan Minnesota RS
Rocky Lombardi Northern Illinois RS
Jarret Doege NA
John Rhys Plumlee UCF
Charlie Brewer Liberty RS
Jack Plummer NA RS
Braxton Burmeister NA RS

Current group of quarterbacks in the 2022 draft, I am sure I am missing a few names but not a very deep list obviously, even Levi Lewis is a long shot but considering all the guys going back to school he could maybe be selected.  Real long shot could be Stetson Bennett but he sure played great last night and has been awesome for that team all year.  Also helps out the likes of Willis, Howell and Ridder considering, even helps out Purdy who had a rough year at times.  Clearly a weak QB group but a few of those guys have potential but for sure it is not a deep group at all.

Carson Strong Nevada RS JR
Kenny Pickett Pitt RS
Matt Corral Ole Miss RS JR
Malik Willis Liberty RS
Sam Howell UNC JR
Desmond Ridder Cincinnati RS
Brock Purdy Iowa State
Jack Coan Notre Dame
Stetson Bennett Georgia 
Levi Lewis Louisiana

• Like 1

A few new players added to my original list of players returning to school.  Zach Harrison is a big one, but did not have a great year but has tons of upside and athletic ability.  Foskey is a surprise I had him as a 1st round pick even this year, still no word on Baldanodo.  Stills is an odd choice, he is a talented DT pass rusher, same with Henderson but both could arguably still improve.  Proctor and Ventrell Miller returning with that added year because both were hurt most of the season, kind of surprise Pool is returning but clearly he loves playing for Arkansas.    Reed was big returning to Michigan State, has potential to be a 1st round pick in 2023.  The Bama players returning is a little surprise with To'o To'o, Dale is not a surprise even Battle who was good this year but could be better, curious what Harris will do after having such a great championship game.

Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame RS SOPH DE
Zach Harrison Ohio State JR DE
Xavier Henderson Michigan State SR S
Dante Stills West Virginia SR DT/DE
Henry To'o To'o Alabama JR ILB
Jayden Reed Michigan State RS SR WR
Bumper Pool Arkansas SR OLB
Josh Proctor Ohio State SR S
Ventrell Miller Florida RS SR ILB
Jordan Wright Kentucky RS DE/OLB
PJ Mustipher Penn State SR DT
Noah Taylor UNC SR OLB
Ainias Smith Texas A&M JR RB/WR
Owen Pappoe Auburn JR OLB
Payton Wilson NC State RS JR OLB
DJ Dale Alabama JR DT
Jordan Battle Alabama JR S
Christopher Smith Georgia SR S
Willie Taylor Washington State RS SR OLB/DE
Josh Vann South Carolina RS SR WR
Darryl Jones NC State RS SR WR

On 1/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, BrownLeader said:

I made the same comp a while ago. Maxx Crosby +15lbs and +25% stronger

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

A few new players added to my original list of players returning to school.  Zach Harrison is a big one, but did not have a great year but has tons of upside and athletic ability.  Foskey is a surprise I had him as a 1st round pick even this year, still no word on Baldanodo.  Stills is an odd choice, he is a talented DT pass rusher, same with Henderson but both could arguably still improve.  Proctor and Ventrell Miller returning with that added year because both were hurt most of the season, kind of surprise Pool is returning but clearly he loves playing for Arkansas.    Reed was big returning to Michigan State, has potential to be a 1st round pick in 2023.  The Bama players returning is a little surprise with To'o To'o, Dale is not a surprise even Battle who was good this year but could be better, curious what Harris will do after having such a great championship game.

Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame RS SOPH DE
Zach Harrison Ohio State JR DE
Xavier Henderson Michigan State SR S
Dante Stills West Virginia SR DT/DE
Henry To'o To'o Alabama JR ILB
Jayden Reed Michigan State RS SR WR
Bumper Pool Arkansas SR OLB
Josh Proctor Ohio State SR S
Ventrell Miller Florida RS SR ILB
Jordan Wright Kentucky RS DE/OLB
PJ Mustipher Penn State SR DT
Noah Taylor UNC SR OLB
Ainias Smith Texas A&M JR RB/WR
Owen Pappoe Auburn JR OLB
Payton Wilson NC State RS JR OLB
DJ Dale Alabama JR DT
Jordan Battle Alabama JR S
Christopher Smith Georgia SR S
Willie Taylor Washington State RS SR OLB/DE
Josh Vann South Carolina RS SR WR
Darryl Jones NC State RS SR WR

I think Harrison did the right thing. He was on track to be a mid day 2 guy this year because the class is so deep. He should have a better year next year with lesser competition can absolutely be pushing for rd1 again. No surprise really

Brenton Cox Jr Florida RS JR OLB/DE announced he is returning to school in 2022.  That is a surprise, he is not a super high level prospect but could have easily been a 2nd or most likely 3rd round pick.  

Nolan Smith Georgia JR OLB announced he is returning to school in 2022 as well, not as big of a surprise there.  He flashed big time this year but still has a little ways to go till he has taken his game to another level.  Easily was his best season of his career last year though, will see if he can become more of a leader and impact player next year.

Christian Harris Alabama JR ILB say he is entering the draft, not a big surprise, did not have a great year but for sure had a great last few games especially the Championship game.  Has great range as a 3/4 ILB, has good pass rushing ability and open field speed, interesting talent who should be at least a 2nd round pick most likely.

Hunter Johnson Northwestern RS SR QB is transferring back to Clemson next year which is kind of a surprise, he left Clemson and is not returning with a stable QB already there, interesting choice.  Not totally sure but I think that is one of a first or at least one of the few transfer players Dabo has ever brought in, originally started in Clemson then spent the last four years at Northwestern and not doing much honestly on the field of note.  

And of course Drew Sanders for Bama OLB is transferring to Arkansas and Billingsley former Bama TE is transferring to Texas.  And former LSU corner Dwight McGlothern is transferring to Arkansas.  And Ochaun Mathis former TCU DE is transferring to Texas.

• Like 1

I believe the deadline to declare as a underclassman was the 17th.  Only real new player I saw on the list was Tyler Vrabel Boston College RS JR OT, son of Mike Vrable and talented kid, still most likely a mid round pick but interesting talent and helps improve the depth of the OT class for sure, apparently is a good athlete so will see how he times.

Dare Rosenthal Kentucky RS JR OT declared earlier in the week, big time addition, also another mid round pick but greatly improves the OT depth and Dare is huge, super length and big time upside.  Played great on Kentucky this year and was solid on LSU before when he played.