2022 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Prospect Standouts):

Ozzy

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

These are 3 guys that I've been keeping an eye on for the Raiders, we need a DT or a CB early. What're your thoughts on Leal and Elam? 

DeMarvin Leal?  I like him a lot, need to watch him a bit more this year but with his potential as a 4/3 DT he could be the first DT taken in the draft if he can show he can be a consistent pass rush force, and I think he can be.  Elam I like, did get out of position a few times last week but is a super physical corner and has good ball skills, great tackler as well.  Easily a 1st round prospect and really is probably the 2nd best CB behind Stingley.  

Gardner has great ball skills but he is no where near as tough and physical as Elam.

Zachary Carter had a good game for Florida but I do need to see a bit more consistent pass rush from him to put him at an elite level.  Gervon Dexter I need to watch more on Florida also, he was very productive against Bama and made some plays inside.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

DeMarvin Leal?  I like him a lot, need to watch him a bit more this year but with his potential as a 4/3 DT he could be the first DT taken in the draft if he can show he can be a consistent pass rush force, and I think he can be.  Elam I like, did get out of position a few times last week but is a super physical corner and has good ball skills, great tackler as well.  Easily a 1st round prospect and really is probably the 2nd best CB behind Stingley.  

Gardner has great ball skills but he is no where near as tough and physical as Elam.

Zachary Carter had a good game for Florida but I do need to see a bit more consistent pass rush from him to put him at an elite level.  Gervon Dexter I need to watch more on Florida also, he was very productive against Bama and made some plays inside.  

Yeah the Raiders need a young consistent DT or another starting caliber outside CB. I've been impressed with Jordan Davis and liked what I saw from Gardner. 

With the ever increasing difficulty of coverage in the NFL the ability for safeties to play linebacker is going to greatly increase, especially the guys who can literally do both, hang in coverage yet still hit well and be physical against the run.  Either way safeties or linebackers have to be able to cover a lot better than they used to be.  

Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S - Is probably the best combination of length and athletic ability in coverage, has amazing range all over the field and his height allows him to defend plays other safeties or corners simply cannot defend.  He should be a lock top 5 pick in the draft.  Dude is legit in coverage and combine that with his length he is a super rare prospect.  

Jalen Catalon Arkansas RS SOPH - I think he should be a top 10-15 pick as well, hits very well and is smart in coverage and really consistent.  Dude can play and is super physical, would be great in the NFL potentially with his tackling ability at safety.

*These safeties have potential and great range.  

Tykee Smith Georgia JR - Has not played this year because of a surgery but in terms of versatility as a cover man and tackler in space he could be very good.

Daxton Hill Michigan JR - Is so smooth in coverage he is well worth a 1st round pick, can tackle in the box and is athletic enough down field to stay with receivers, very promising safety.  

Jaquan Brisker Penn State RS SR - Having about as good of a year as any safety in the nation.  Love his toughness and intelligence on the field, is a sleeper prospect and very solid player.  

*Corners who have safety skills or could end up as safeties.

Trey Dean III Florida SR - Is playing safety and has played corner at times, has played well at safety this year for Florida and I love his length especially if he is in the slot in dime potentially.

Riley Moss Iowa CB/S SR - Is a super star corner in terms of getting INTs for touchdowns.  Has a great feel and might be able to stick at corner in the NFL but if not could be a great coverage safety.  

Smoke Monday Auburn SR - Has a lot of experience, very long lengthy cover man and is at safety this year and playing decent football, his length could be interesting more in the slot at the next level.

*Arguably the three best coverage linebackers, there are not a lot of them around though honestly.  

DeMarvion Overshown Texas SR OLB - Has experience at safety and great range, still has a ways to go but got to love his potential in pass coverage and in space because he is a fine athlete.

Brandon Smith Penn State JR OLB - Is shooting up the draft boards and if he comes out could be one of the best OLBs in the draft, is a big time athlete and because of that he can motor in space and cover when need be.  

Charlie Thomas Georgia Tech JR OLB - Super underrated, can play almost slot corner at times, I need to watch him more but is a very versatile defender and could be good against running backs in the NFL.  

Mike Rose Iowa State SR ILB - Has had a slow start to the season but he can cover and had 5 INTs last year, is a good athlete but honestly expected a bit more out of him this year, will see how he does the next few weeks.

Cam Jones Indiana SR - One of the best athletes at OLB, he has good range and speed could be decent in coverage because he is such a fine athlete.  

Jahad Woods Washington State RS SR - Very athletic and active linebacker, super tough and physical tackler who at times is all over the field.  Little small but kid can move well and could be a good later round pick.  

Bumper Pool Arkansas SR - Interesting talent, good athlete with decent range, is more a run and hit guy than a coverage guy but has athletic ability at least to be active.  

*Safeties that could potentially switch to linebacker in the NFL or at least be a in the box safety in the right system or in a 5 DB look.

JL Skinner Boise State JR - Love his physical strength and size, can really hit and is built well.  Could really rise up the draft boards because he has played well this year and could even stay at safety and be a good player there.

Chamarri Conner Virginia Tech SR - Has a good linebacker build and could be pretty interesting in coverage, is more of a tackler than a cover man though.

Marquel Dismuke Nebraska RS SR - Is a big time hit man, can tackle aggressively and make plays, I could see him at linebacker in a 3/4 as more of a coverage ILB possibly, might not be athletic enough to play safety but will see.  

Brandon Drayton Marshall RS SR - Love him in terms of his size and is very strong, I think he could play safety in the league but is great around the line of scrimmage when he is healthy.  

Isaiah Pola-Mao USC RS SR - Is a really big safety, could see him putting on some pounds to play linebacker but not sure he has the toughness for it, love that length at safety though.  

Jordan Battle Alabama JR - Is kind of limited in coverage but is very physical when he can get the chance to be, gets lost in coverage though who knows maybe could be better as a hybrid linebacker/slot corner type.  Still has a lot to improve on and probably will not come out early this year.  

Greg Eisworth Iowa State RS SR - Not sure he is big enough for linebacker, he is a smart player and at times showed some great toughness but not sure he is athletic enough to play safety or big enough to play linebacker, is a tough kid that is for sure though.  

• Like 4

TreVeyon Henderson is one hell of a back but have to give some props to that OL who just destroyed Tulsa at times last week.

Nicholas Petit-Frere RS JR Ohio State:  Brought him up week 1 already and thought he had 1st round potential, now I think that even more so.  Was absolutely dominant against Tulsa last week.  Such a great athlete and able to block very well down field and able to drive his defender extremely far, big guy who really moves well.  If he keeps up this level of play he is easily a 1st round pick and might be the 2nd best OT in the nation.  

Paris Johnson Jr SOPH OG Ohio State:  Very impressed with his play at guard, Surprised he is still so young but he has a ton of talent as a true SOPH and could be a big time prospect for the 2023 class.  Not a ton of OL standout that young but he is one of them and really is one to watch.  

Dawand Jones JR OT Ohio State:  Is more raw than the other two but he is a massive dude at 6-8 360, just crushes guys when he can get a hold of them, very thick build and will see how he continues to develop.  Has not played much before this year I believe but what a guy to just have sitting and waiting, just a huge dude.  At times gets a big off balance but when he hits guys square he can really knock them back.

Other notes...

Lucas Krull RS SR TE Pitt: Impressive play by him, I always thought he had potential as an athletic pass catching TE.  Was a former Florida TE and noticed him in a spring game a few years back.  Did not do much last year but this year has been pretty productive, will be one to watch as the season goes on.  

Habakkuk Baldonado JR DE Pitt:  I liked him awhile back just based on his size, is a very long and athletic defensive end and he has played pretty well so far this year.  Is a sleeper prospect for sure, such a naturally gifted athlete and could be a diamond in the rough if he decides to declare for the draft this year.  

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 5:26 PM, Ozzy said:

The Raiders need a 3T that can push the pocket. Jordan Davis is more of a NT but from what I've seen he plays super hard and does an excellent job getting penetration on run/pass plays. I like Elam as well but who do you think fits better in our cover 3 defense? Gardner or Elam?

On 9/21/2021 at 6:02 PM, Ozzy said:

With the ever increasing difficulty of coverage in the NFL the ability for safeties to play linebacker is going to greatly increase, especially the guys who can literally do both, hang in coverage yet still hit well and be physical against the run.  Either way safeties or linebackers have to be able to cover a lot better than they used to be.  

Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S - Is probably the best combination of length and athletic ability in coverage, has amazing range all over the field and his height allows him to defend plays other safeties or corners simply cannot defend.  He should be a lock top 5 pick in the draft.  Dude is legit in coverage and combine that with his length he is a super rare prospect.  

Jalen Catalon Arkansas RS SOPH - I think he should be a top 10-15 pick as well, hits very well and is smart in coverage and really consistent.  Dude can play and is super physical, would be great in the NFL potentially with his tackling ability at safety.

*These safeties have potential and great range.  

Tykee Smith Georgia JR - Has not played this year because of a surgery but in terms of versatility as a cover man and tackler in space he could be very good.

Daxton Hill Michigan JR - Is so smooth in coverage he is well worth a 1st round pick, can tackle in the box and is athletic enough down field to stay with receivers, very promising safety.  

Jaquan Brisker Penn State RS SR - Having about as good of a year as any safety in the nation.  Love his toughness and intelligence on the field, is a sleeper prospect and very solid player.  

*Corners who have safety skills or could end up as safeties.

Trey Dean III Florida SR - Is playing safety and has played corner at times, has played well at safety this year for Florida and I love his length especially if he is in the slot in dime potentially.

Riley Moss Iowa CB/S SR - Is a super star corner in terms of getting INTs for touchdowns.  Has a great feel and might be able to stick at corner in the NFL but if not could be a great coverage safety.  

Smoke Monday Auburn SR - Has a lot of experience, very long lengthy cover man and is at safety this year and playing decent football, his length could be interesting more in the slot at the next level.

*Arguably the three best coverage linebackers, there are not a lot of them around though honestly.  

DeMarvion Overshown Texas SR OLB - Has experience at safety and great range, still has a ways to go but got to love his potential in pass coverage and in space because he is a fine athlete.

Brandon Smith Penn State JR OLB - Is shooting up the draft boards and if he comes out could be one of the best OLBs in the draft, is a big time athlete and because of that he can motor in space and cover when need be.  

Charlie Thomas Georgia Tech JR OLB - Super underrated, can play almost slot corner at times, I need to watch him more but is a very versatile defender and could be good against running backs in the NFL.  

Mike Rose Iowa State SR ILB - Has had a slow start to the season but he can cover and had 5 INTs last year, is a good athlete but honestly expected a bit more out of him this year, will see how he does the next few weeks.

Cam Jones Indiana SR - One of the best athletes at OLB, he has good range and speed could be decent in coverage because he is such a fine athlete.  

Jahad Woods Washington State RS SR - Very athletic and active linebacker, super tough and physical tackler who at times is all over the field.  Little small but kid can move well and could be a good later round pick.  

Bumper Pool Arkansas SR - Interesting talent, good athlete with decent range, is more a run and hit guy than a coverage guy but has athletic ability at least to be active.  

*Safeties that could potentially switch to linebacker in the NFL or at least be a in the box safety in the right system or in a 5 DB look.

JL Skinner Boise State JR - Love his physical strength and size, can really hit and is built well.  Could really rise up the draft boards because he has played well this year and could even stay at safety and be a good player there.

Chamarri Conner Virginia Tech SR - Has a good linebacker build and could be pretty interesting in coverage, is more of a tackler than a cover man though.

Marquel Dismuke Nebraska RS SR - Is a big time hit man, can tackle aggressively and make plays, I could see him at linebacker in a 3/4 as more of a coverage ILB possibly, might not be athletic enough to play safety but will see.  

Brandon Drayton Marshall RS SR - Love him in terms of his size and is very strong, I think he could play safety in the league but is great around the line of scrimmage when he is healthy.  

Isaiah Pola-Mao USC RS SR - Is a really big safety, could see him putting on some pounds to play linebacker but not sure he has the toughness for it, love that length at safety though.  

Jordan Battle Alabama JR - Is kind of limited in coverage but is very physical when he can get the chance to be, gets lost in coverage though who knows maybe could be better as a hybrid linebacker/slot corner type.  Still has a lot to improve on and probably will not come out early this year.  

Greg Eisworth Iowa State RS SR - Not sure he is big enough for linebacker, he is a smart player and at times showed some great toughness but not sure he is athletic enough to play safety or big enough to play linebacker, is a tough kid that is for sure though.  

Going off of this a bit more, the Carolina Panthers probably the best example of this with former safety/LB at Washington Shaq Thompson playing great then Jeremy Chinn moving around and playing a ton around the line of scrimmage, Jermaine Carter as a smaller faster ILB then Reddick on the outside being a DE but a OLB that can drop and cover if asked.  Super athletic LB core and very versatile DEs with Reddick and Burns who are both really athletic and can cover if asked and get after the QB.  Could be the model going forward in an attempt to stop these quick passing offenses and cover backs, receivers and tight ends yet still stop the run.  Versatility could be absolutely key and important for prospects coming forward.

OLB Shaq Thompson
ILB Jermaine Carter
LB/S Jeremy Chinn 
OLB/DE Haason Reddick / Brian Burns

Jets I believe have that mold in mind with how they drafted getting Nasirildeen and Sherwood, two very big and athletic safeties who they are using more at the linebacker spot.  Will be interesting how it goes then the solid inside backs in Mosely and Davis.  Cashman is very good as well but gets hurt a lot for them and Quincy Williams has some athletic ability at linebacker also.  Their DL is not nearly as good as the Panthers though so that will hurt in the run game and in pass coverage not being able to get after the QB.  Quinnen and Rankins are solid inside but them losing Lawson hurts, but Lawson is more a true 3/4 OLB/DE not so much a good coverage guy, possibly they wanted Sherwood and Nasirildeen to be more ILBs maybe in a 3/4 once they get it going more.

OLB Hamsah Nasirildeen / Blake Cashman
ILB C.J. Mosley / Jarrad Davis
OLB Quincy Williams / Jamien Sherwood

You do have multiple NFL teams using more athletic ILBs in that 3/4 defense with Arizona who has super star athlete in Isaiah Simmons on the inside and Jordan Hicks who is a hell of an athlete and was coming out of Texas.  Then they have Zaven Collins who is very talented also on the inside and he has great versatility.  

Jordan Hicks / Zaven Collins
Isaiah Simmons

Then with the Steelers who got faster with the trade for Joe Schobert who is better in coverage, Bush is already an great athlete but cannot seem to stay healthy.  Then Spillane is a more athletic ILB than what they are used to and Marcus Allen who is a former safety in college playing ILB.  On the edge obviously Watt and Highsmith are very fine athletes who can cover if need be as well.

Devin Bush / Robert Spillane
Joe Schobert / Marcus Allen
TJ Watt / Alex Highsmith / Melvin Ingram

Last one would be the Chargers I Think could be going down that same road with super athletic ILBs in Kyzir White and Drue Tranquill both have fine speed and are kind of that S/LB hybrid type.  Then they got more 3/4 edge guys in Nwosu and Rumph but both are athletic enough to cover if need be.  Then Murray on the other side who can really run, Niemann can play a variety of positions and Ogbongbemiga is a big time athlete as well and good project.  Not to forget Derwin James who can drop down and cover, hit in the box and is the ultimate safety that is getting harder and harder to find.  

OLB Kenneth Murray Jr. / Nick Niemann / Amen Ogbongbemiga-
ILB Kyzir White / Drue Tranquill
OLB/DE Uchenna Nwosu / Chris Rumph II
S/LB Derwin James

Looking at pass rushers who are very athletic and can cover and rush the passer these guys all fit that bill very well.  All have range and guys line Barno can be good in coverage if asked and Sanders does not do it a ton but could if asked I think, same with Bonitto who can drop into coverage or go after the passer.  All could really rise come the draft because of it.

Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR
Nik Bonitto Oklahoma RS JR
Myjai Sanders Cincinnati SR
Amare Barno Virginia Tech RS JR

These guys I think could have some versatility as well in coverage, especially Noah Taylor who is super long and athletic with good potential and range.  Jermaine Johnson could be 3/4 OLB, 4/3 DE or ILB I think.  Beavers can really be moved around from linebacker to edge rusher as well and Malone has a history of getting after the QB but I need to see him more.  And sadly Anthony is out for the year I think but he is a good linebacker with pass rush ability and skills who could play in a 3/4 or be a edge rusher.  Cox, Anderson and Gaye are more of the stay as a pass rusher in a 3/4, they can cover and move but are not nearly as athletic as say Bonitto or Barno are.

Jermaine Johnson Florida State SR
Noah Taylor Virginia SR
DeAngelo Malone Western Kentucky RS SR
Darrian Beavers Cincinnati SR
Adam Anderson Georgia SR
Brenton Cox Jr Florida RS JR
Andre Anthony LSU RS SR
Ali Gaye LSU SR

Not as many guys who are more obvious safeties to cover to linebacker or have that LB/S versatility outside a few on the top, none really like Sherwood or  Nasirildeen that have stood out to me yet who are great prospects for that.  

Week 4 Prospect Standouts:

*Jelani Woods RS JR TE Virginia:  Might be the best TE prospect in the 2022 draft if he declares, first time seeing him on Virginia this year and he stood out no question with how massive he is and how athletic he is.  Very promising athlete, loved him on Ok State even despite not having huge numbers but on Virginia he is really putting up solid numbers for them and some good performances.  Could be the 1st TE taken in the draft no doubt with his upside, will see how the rest of the year goes.  

*Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR:  Absolutely insane what he did in that game with two kick returns for touchdowns, helps show his really great athletic ability.  And it is not like he is only a special teams guy, he is very good with the football in his hands and can really get open and make big plays offensively.  Looks like a 1st round pick potentially at WR this year in 2022 if he keeps this up, just really is off to a great start and is the best WR already on a very talented WR core for Bama.

*Tre Williams RS SR DE Arkansas:  Absolutely dominated that game against A&M, Williams play made them switch Green a OG/RT to LT to try and stop him and even he could not.  Tre has never really stood out to me much before but this game was something with how he got under the offensive linemen with a quick dip then got right at the QB.  Will see if he can keep up this level of play and if so he will be a prospect to watch no question.

*Breece Hall JR RB Iowa State:  Was kind of disappointing earlier in the season but stood out in this game in a big way.  Very patient as a runner, showed good footwork and power running the ball and versatility out of the backfield catching it.  Had a great year last year and good to see him rounding back into form.  Talented player and should be one of the top backs in the 2022 draft.

*Kingsley Enagbare SR DE South Carolina:  I have to watch him more but looks to be a standout DE and possibly a late 1st rounder or 2nd round pick.  Played with great effort in that game and really the last two weeks.  Uses his hands well and has a good motor, is part of a SC team that is not very good but he still balls out and performs which is impressive.  

*Jabari Ellis RS SR DT South Carolina:  Another South Carolina DL that has stood out, love his energy and passion he plays with.  Very intense player that works hard and can get pressure on the inside with his relentless effort and drive.  Interesting talent, have not noticed him much before but this year he is showing up no question.

*Darian Kinnard SR OT Kentucky:  I have liked him for awhile, and the dude could instantly start at RT in the NFL and could sneak into the 1st round possibly as well.  Looking at all the OTs in the draft he is easily one of the best ones out there no doubt about it, very wide and strong at the point of attack and in the right system could do just great at RT I feel.  

*Drew Pyne SOPH QB Notre Dame:  What a performance by him, came off the bench when the team was not doing great and he just moved that offense and scored points.  Scrambled to make throws, showed a lot of mental toughness and confidence, threw a good ball and was able to get out of trouble and keep his eyes down field.  On heck of a performance and not sure they win that game in Coan did not get hurt the Pyne did not come in, impressive showing by him no question.

*JD Bertrand RS SOPH OLB Notre Dame:  Big time playmaker and makes tackles all over the field, athletic linebacker who can run and bring some pop to him on arrival to the ball.  Good thick build and has good range, can make plays inside and outside and is part of an ever improving Notre Dame defense, has been their best linebacker so far this year which is a surprise.  

*Brennan Armstrong RS JR QB Virginia:  Might not be ready for the league this year but he has arm talent no doubt about it.  Kind of a wild card and takes chances but is putting up some good numbers on not a traditionally strong passing team with Virginia.  Armstrong is a good athlete, throws well on the move and with another solid season next year could maybe become something, is a good developmental prospect with a great personality as well.

*Nick Sciba JR K Wake Forest:  One of the best kickers in the country if not the best, his percentage kick rate is crazy high, is 100% on over 146 extra points and is perfect 7-7 on field goals and has been great on field goals the past two seasons as well.  Is one to watch no doubt with his accuracy and has a very thick lower body build for a kicker I would say.  Has not attempted a 50+ field goal yet so that the one concern I see distance maybe but is one to watch.

*Treylon Burks JR WR Arkansas:  This is why I have him the #1 WR potentially, he is just physically so elite and looked the part in this game.  Such a big dude who can run very well and make huge plays downfield.  Either way lock 1st round pick and a big time prospect no question about it.

*Trestan Ebner RS SR RB Baylor: Very fine return man in the punt and kick return game, can do a few things as a back also but special teams is where he possibly gets drafted, made some huge returns in that game that were big for Baylor.  Did the same thing last year, one of the best return men in the draft no question.

*Gerry Bohanon RS JR QB Baylor: One hell of an athlete, super impressed by his build and the velocity he puts on his passes.  Is absolutely one to watch from the QB spot.  Really strong kid, moves well and can run the football well from the QB spot.  Still has a ways to go as a true passer but athletically he has a ton of gifts and if he comes back for his RS SR season he could become a very promising QB.  Very knew about him before this game, will follow him from now on no question.  

*Sam Hartman RS SOPH QB Wake Forest:  I considered him a senior this year but I guess he has a redshirt year in there and then he took a year off last season so is a RS SOPH surprisingly.  Is a solid QB that is getting better and better, makes quick decisions with the football and is a passionate leader and that Wake team is a much improved team overall.  Promising talent especially with probably another year or two of development left.  

*Andrew Vastardis RS SR C Michigan:  Solid center and I need to watch him more, looks like he has potential and good strength at the point of attack.  That Michigan run game was not nearly as effective though but will see how they look in the weeks to come.  Vastardis is a standout of that group though and probably is the best OL they have and a big reason for that early success running the ball this year.  

*Charlie Kolar RS SR TE Iowa State:  Great game by him, showed super ability to get open and make plays catching the football.  Very crafty player who knows how to find the open spots, one of the best pass catching TEs in the nation no doubt about it and should be a decent draft pick come 2022.  

*Billy Bowman FR CB Oklahoma: Love his athletic ability at corner, is a big time athlete with wonderful potential.  Part of a super improved OU defense that is loaded with talent, is one to watch no question about it has potential at nickel, outside corner or deep safety and they move him around a lot.  

*KJ Jefferson RS SOPH QB Arkansas:  Hard not to be impressed with his big arm and his impressive athletic ability running the football.  Is a big strong QB and really has done well the last few games, very big arm and made a lot of big throws.  Not sure how elite he is but is in the conversation at least of having potential for the next level at QB.

*Rasheen Ali RS FR RB Marshall:  Big time athlete, had that one great kick return where he showed elite burst and speed.  Surprised he is not more effective running but when he gets his chances he can do some things with the football.  Elite athlete though and is one to watch on that Marshall team going forward.  

*Will Ulmer RS SR OT Marshall:  I liked how solid he looked out there, might be a OG in the NFL because of his size but looks like a very firm and solid OL that has good ability and strength.  

Others who impressed:

Martin Emerson JR CB Miss State

Greg Brooks Jr JR CB Arkansas

Nate Noel SOPH RB App State

Michael Mayer SOPH TE Notre Dame

Kevin Austin Jr SR WR Notre Dame

Kyle Hamilton JR S Notre Dame 

DJ Graham SOPH CB Oklahoma

Isaiah Spiller JR RB Texas A&M 

Chase Allen RS SR TE Iowa State

JoJo Earle FR WR Alabama

John Ridgeway RS SR DT Arkansas 

Max Johnson SOPH QB LSU

Emmanuel Forbes SOPH CB Miss State

Jacorey Johns RS SOPH DE Wake Forest

Nick Anderson RS FR S Wake Forest

Gavin Holmes FR CB Wake Forest

Thomas Hennigan RS SR WR App State 

Siaki Ika RS SOPH NT Baylor

Camerun Peoples RS JR RB App State

Note:

Spencer Rattler RS SOPH Oklahoma:  I honestly do not think he has played that poorly, yes he does not look as good as last year but those receivers are nothing great and obviously that OU offense does not work well when they are not running the ball well.  Last year they had Stevenson, McGowan, Pledger and those guys are all off the team or in the NFL.  I am surprised Mims has looked so average and they miss Rambo more than I thought also and Haselwood has not been great either.  Not to mention that OL has been about as bad as I can remember of late, they have injuries and a lot of guys in and out of the lineup.  So that is a lot of the reason why he is struggling, I love the character he has shown especially when even his own home fans are calling for the backup.  Will be a good growth experience and fact is he still can technically throw it as well as anyone in college football right now so he has the skills.  It will be interesting to watch how he takes the adversity but clearly some are being spoiled babies and wish college football had another Mac Jones or Joe Burrow putting up insane numbers, but fact is Rattler does not have multiple 1st round picks at WR to throw to on Oklahoma right now so obviously he is not going to put up those video game numbers they did.

Disappointed:

Jalen Wydermyer JR TE Texas A&M - Need to see more athletic playmaking out of him, for such a big guy he does not get the ball much and has not had a great year despite A&M not having great receivers on the team, think he would get the ball a ton.  Could be the poor QB play as well, still a legit prospect but Woods on Virginia might be overtaking Wydermyer as the best TE in the 2022 draft if the both declare, will see.  

Graham Mertz RS SOPH QB Wisconsin - Is a walking turnover late in that game, was pretty ridiculous.  Just makes really poor choices with the football and not sure if it is the system, the bad OL and weakened run game.  Either way he has a long ways to go because honestly a lot last year he did the same thing, turned the ball over and made mistakes, this Notre Dame game was nuts though because it was 10-10 in the 3rd and ended 41-10 and most of that score was Mertz throwing two INTs returned for TDs.

Dalton Wagner RS SR OT Arkansas - Not a big time prospect but got beat pretty consistently against Arkansas, could not handle the speed off the edge.  Still could be a late round pick maybe because of his size and athletic ability but did not look solid against A&M in pass pro that is for sure.  

Kenyon Green JR OG Texas A&M - Hard to get a read on him because he was not always playing his natural position, but yeah could not handle that move out to LT to try and stop Tre Williams.  Still is a solid OG prospect but yeah I do not see him really as a great OT in the NFL.  Good player though but was interesting that he could not handle that rush by Williams in the game either.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Week 6: Prospect Standouts

*Xavier Worthy FR WR Texas: Absolutely amazing game by him, sure he made some mistakes with ball security but the kid can flat out fly.  Rarely has a prospect so young been so dominating in terms of his deep ball ability.  Will see if he can keep it up, possibly was just poor CB play for Oklahoma and guys who are not normally in there.  Either way he really stood out and showed big time game breaking speed that not many have.  With his wiry thin frame and big time athletic ability could get comparisons to a certain other tall fast receiver.  

*DeMarvion Overshown SR OLB Texas:  Outstanding game by him, was all over the field making plays arriving quickly to the football.  Very good open field speed and can flow nicely at linebacker.  Could argue he is the #1 OLB in the up coming draft potentially.  I liked him earlier in the year and this game he played even better, such a fine athlete for the position who is comfortable in space and has great length.  

*Justin Shaffer SR OG Georgia:  I have to watch him more but love the energy he plays with, is a beast at guard who is aggressive and has long arms for a guard.  Plays with good power and despite his running made going out of the game hurt he still played well without the LT in there.  Interesting talent no question and could be one of the best guards in the up coming draft potentially.

*Cam Taylor-Britt JR CB Nebraska:  Was all over the field in that game, very active tackling and getting his hands on the football.  What he showed in this game is why I have him as a 1st round prospect.  Very solid corner who is an all around corner that can really support when it comes to tackling.  Super active and overall a solid performance by that Nebraska D which seems to be rounding into form.  

*Antonio Johnson SOPH CB Texas A&M:  Talked about him earlier in the year and he stood out yet again, just a fabulous slot corner and is one heck of a weapon in modern day football.  He can tackle very well and cover, has range and can be matched up against a TE, RB or WR.  Very promising talent and was part of a great A&M defensive performance.

*Andrew Stueber RS SR OT Michigan: Just crushed guys in that Nebraska game and played very well against a solid front.  Very improved player and in the run game is where he shines.  Interesting talent, has been around for awhile but as a RT or OG in the NFL he could be something.  For sure is improving his stock and is a big key to that solid Michigan run game.

*Travon Walker Georgia JR DE: Really great game by him, such a big dude but moves so well.  Is a true DE with his size but moves like a linebacker at times.  Good solid athlete that is climbing up draft boards with his fine play on the impressive Georgia defense.  Could be a 3/4 OLB or a 3/4 DE or even a 4/3 DE, very promising looking talent.  

*Tyree Johnson RS SR DE/OLB Texas A&M:  Not sure where this has been all season but was great in this game and really showed out on a big stage.  Has not been great this season but this game he was with his athletic ability and quickness off the edge.  Outstanding performance by him showing he could be a solid 3/4 OLB potentially at the next level.  

*Daxton Hill JR S Michigan: Climbing up the boards at safety, is so active in coverage and quick to the football.  Could argue only Kyle Hamilton has played better than he has at safety this year.  Very versatile safety and one of the Michigan coaches said he could even play CB and I believe that to be the case, Hill is a very skilled football player.

*Jeremy James RS SOPH OT Mississippi:  Very interesting talent, seems like he could be a star OT in the future and is part of a very solid Ole Miss OL that played great against a solid Arkansas front.  James is athletic and fluid in pass pro and in the run game, big kid who is a good athlete is absolutely one to watch.

*Bijan Robinson Texas SOPH RB: Not a shocker he played great in that football game.  Is a big time playmaker and probably the best RB talent in the nation right now.  His make you miss ability is special and he is just a big play waiting to happen.  

*Matt Corral RS JR QB Ole Miss: Very good game by him, showed impressive leadership ability and amazing toughness.  Really had to run the football and be physical as a runner and did exactly that to gain a hard fought win against a good SEC team.  Kid has arm talent obviously and showed up last year but this year he has been far more consistent week in and week out.  Improved leader and was a great bounce back game off that Bama loss.

*Jake Renfro SOPH C Cincinanti: Very interesting center prospect, young kid with a ton of upside.  Good looking athlete who moves very well and is pretty agile and will be one to watch for sure.  

*Ainias Smith JR WR/RB Texas A&M:  One hell of a weapon on offense, is such a threat out of the backfield and especially in the slot.  Moves so well and is such a good athlete, very hard to handle and deal with and at the next level could be one outstanding weapon offensively.  Will be interesting if he declares for the draft this year or not, easily could with his offensive versatility.  Easily is the best receiver on that A&M team and was huge for that offense against Bama.

*David Ojabo RS SOPH DE Michigan:  Really promising talent, super long and athletic edge rusher that is really coming on.  Opposite Hutchinson they are being quite the tandem on the edge, Ojabo has a lot of quickness and potential no doubt.  As a edge rusher he is super promising and one to watch.

*JoJo Domann Nebraska RS SR OLB:  Little disappointed in his lack of sack production this year but in this game he showed his versatility as a linebacker, able to blitz off the edge and handle himself in coverage as well.  Could greatly improve his draft stock because he is a versatile linebacker that can do a variety of things.  Interesting talent for sure that is a good solid athletic playmaking linebacker.  

*Jalen Wydermyer JR TE Texas A&M:  I did not like his performance a few weeks back but he showed up in this game big time.  Showed why he could be the #1 TE in the draft, there was a few busted coverages that allowed him to get open but if he plays with energy and enthusiasum like this from here on out good things will happen for him.

*Octavious Oxendine Kentucky SOPH DT/DE:  Really stood out in this game with some big time pressures, plays really fast for a man that large and showed a great motor inside.  Interesting talent and one to watch moving forward.  

*Vincent Gray JR CB Michigan:  Nice to see him back playing well, the kid can cover that is for sure.   Very smooth out there and has nice size for the position, one of the better true corners in the nation no question.  

*Perrion Winfrey Oklahoma SR DT: Awesome game by Winfrey, really was hard to handle on the inside and got multiple pressures on the inside.  Part of a super talent pass rushing front on OU, sure some of those talented edge guys help free him up inside but he can get after it and is one of the more promising DT pass rushers in the up coming draft.

*Will Levis Kentucky RS JR QB:  Impressed with him athletically always on Penn State but he has impressed even more on Kentucky winning the starting job over Gatewood and really leading that offense.  Is still a big super athletic kid but has improved as a passer and is a key part to that undefeated UK team.  With another season at Kentucky who knows how good he could be.

*Chris Rodriquez JR RS JR RB Kentucky:  Super tough running back and has good leg drive and power.  Was good last season and is even better this year, could see him with the right situation at the next level and be a great straight forward power back in short yardage and goal line.  

*Eku Leota JR DE Auburn:  Northwestern transfer, showed up in this game and is a solid pass rushing prospect.  Still has a ways to go but good looking athlete that should become more and more of a weapon on that Auburn front.

*Kennedy Brooks RS SOPH RB Oklahoma:  I never considered him a high end prospect but hard to not be impressed with his play in this game.  Showed great toughness breaking tackles and making plays, also showed a surprising burst of speed in the open field.  In a some what down year for OU and the run game he showed up in a huge way and was very key to victory for them getting a good ground game back to help that offense.

*Zach Evans SOPH RB TCU: Very naturally gifted RB that I will have to watch more of.  Seems to have good burst and vision, natural athlete and will be one to watch in the future.  

*Joshua Paschal Kentucky RS SR DE/OLB:  Dude can play football, very smart player who is rock solid on the edge.  Could be a 4/3 DE or a 3/4 OLB or a 3/4 DE potentially.  Plays sound football and as a mid to late round pick could be a steal if put with the right system.  

*Ty Robinson RS FR DT Nebraska:  Very promising young player for them, plays like he is a lot older than he is.  Good solid 3/4 DE for that Nebraska defense and got penetration more than once in the Michigan game.  Good motor on him and good size, interesting talent to watch as the years go on.  

Others who impressed:

Isaiah Spiller JR RB Texas A&M 

Casey Thompson RS JR QB Texas

Devon Achane SOPH RB Texas A&M

JJ Weaver Kentucky RS SOPH OLB

DeAndre Pierce RS SR S Arizona State 

Jack Sawyer FR DE Ohio State

Michael Clemons Texas A&M SR DE

Garrett Wilson Ohio State JR WR

Chris Olave Ohio State SR WR

Kenneth Walker III Michigan State JR RB

Snoop Conner Ole Miss JR RB

Chris Murray SR OG Oklahoma

Michael Turk SR P Oklahoma

Leon O'Neal Jr SR S Texas A&M

Alfred Collins SOPH DT Texas

Jerome Ford RS JR RB Cincinnati

Curtis Jacobs SOPH OLB Penn State

Jamaree Salyer SR OT/OG Georgia

Kobe Hudson SOPH WR Auburn

Jordan Whittington RS SOPH WR Texas

Disappointed:

Bo Nix Auburn JR QB - Very erratic with the football, really emotional on the field and seemed to press a lot in that game.  Made some good throws sure but if he cannot control his emotions more that type of behavior will not be tolerated much from the QB spot.  Experienced kid with a lot of ups and downs but still has a ways to go for him to be able to take his game to the next level.  Super talented passing and improvising on the run but he needs to do more in terms of leadership and composure on and off the field.  

Brian Branch SOPH S Alabama - Got picked on a lot and got beat a lot in this game, was not able to handle slot coverage at all once Moore got kicked out of the game.  Promising player but is just not a slot defender outside of run support and blitzing.  Struggled like that entire Bama secondary did.  I think they would have been better if they put Kool-Aid at slot but possibly he was not ready to play on such a big stage.  

Spencer Rattler RS SOPH QB Oklahoma - I still think the kid can really sling the football but they did play better offensively with Caleb Williams in.  Most of that I feel was the threat of Caleb running which provided balance to the offense and the Texas D had to think more about the QB run which opened up Brooks in the run game and receivers.  Rattler is still a talent kid but will see how the rest of the season goes.  

Sam Howell JR QB UNC - Really has little to no help on that UNC offense, had to throw and run in this game and just does not have the spark he had last year.  Sure might drop a bit in the draft but he is still a promising player with a lot of talent and if put into a late 1st or 2nd round draft pick slot he still could be a steal.  Still surprising how much that UNC team feel off from last year and not sure it is all his fault either.  

• Like 2

Try to update the 7 round ranking when I can, a few risers and fallers in the 2022 draft I have so far based off my original lists and new guys being added to it.  For the risers most of the Penn State defense can be included in that list, many guys I did not have on my radar like Ebiketie and Ellis are legit prospects come draft time and Brandon Smith is a big time LB and Brisker is about as cerebral at safety as you can get.  

(The lists are it no specific order)

Risers:
Nik Bonitto Oklahoma RS JR OLB
Nicholas Petit-Frere Ohio State RS JR OT
DeMarvion Overshown Texas SR LB
Daxton Hill Michigan JR S
Jahan Dotson Penn State SR WR
Tyler Linderbaum Iowa JR C
Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR
Isaiah Thomas Oklahoma RS SR DE/DT
Brandon Smith Penn State JR LB
Amare Barno Virginia Tech RS JR OLB
Darian Kinnard Kentucky SR OT
Jelani Woods Virginia RS JR TE
Justin Shaffer Georgia SR OG
Kingsley Enagbare South Carolina SR DE
Joey Porter Jr Penn State RS SOPH CB
Matt Hankins Iowa SR CB
Arnold Ebiketie Penn State SR DE
Jaquan Brisker Penn State RS SR S
Cam Jones Indiana SR OLB
Vincent Gray Michigan JR CB
Ellis Brooks Penn State RS SR ILB
Perrion Winfrey Oklahoma SR DT
Dontario Drummond Ole Miss SR WR
Leon O'Neal Jr Texas A&M SR S
Jabari Ellis South Carolina RS SR DT
Ainias Smith Texas A&M JR RB/WR
Jesse Luketa Penn State SR DE/LB
PJ Mustipher Penn State SR DT
Andrew Vastardis Michigan RS SR C
Jermaine Johnson Florida State SR LB/DE
Zach VanValkenburg Iowa RS SR DE
Tre Williams Arkansas RS SR DE
Riley Moss Iowa SR CB/S
Trey Dean III Florida SR S
Phidarian Mathis Alabama RS SR DE
Trey McBride Colorado State SR TE
Kevin Jarvis Michigan State RS SR OG
Coby Bryant Cincinnati RS SR CB
JoJo Domann Nebraska RS SR OLB
Stewart Reese Florida RS SR OG
Isaiah Likely Coastal Carolina SR TE
Andrew Stueber Michigan RS SR OT/OG
Tariq Castro-Fields Penn State SR CB
Austin Allen Nebraska SR TE
Kevin Austin Jr Notre Dame SR WR
Peyton Hendershot Indiana RS SR TE
Sean Clifford Penn State RS SR QB
Brad Hawkins Michigan RS SR S
Grant Morgan Arkansas SR ILB
Ryder Anderson Indiana RS SR DE
Connor Heyward Michigan State RS SR FB/RB
Trestan Ebner Baylor RS SR RB

Clearly with the QBs but honestly speaking if many teams in the NFL had Rattler and Howell as their 2nd string QB and developmental guy they would absolutely love it so maybe falling in the draft will not be a terrible thing for them.  Both have far less weapons offensively than the year previous, also a few Alabama defenders have greatly disappointed this year I feel so far.

Fallers:
Spencer Rattler Oklahoma RS SOPH QB
Sam Howell UNC JR QB
DJ Dale Alabama JR DT
Henry To'o To'o Alabama JR ILB
Tiawan Mullen Indiana JR CB
John Metchie III Alabama JR WR
Christian Harris Alabama JR ILB
Brock Purdy Iowa State SR QB
Justyn Ross Clemson JR WR
Rasheed Walker Penn State RS JR OT
Josh Jobe Alabama SR CB
Dillon Gabriel UCF JR QB
Bo Nix Auburn JR QB
Charleston Rambo Miami FL RS JR WR
Master Teague III Ohio State RS JR RB
Ty Fryfogle Indiana RS SR WR
Marcus McKethan UNC RS SR OG
Dylan Wonnum South Carolina SR OT
Dax Hollifield Virginia Tech JR ILB
Myles Jones Texas A&M RS SR CB
CJ Verdell Oregon RS SR RB
Conner Olson Minnesota RS SR C/OG
Scott Nelson Wisconsin RS SR S
D'Eriq King Miami FL RS SR QB
Christopher Brown Jr Cal SR RB
Caleb Jones Indiana RS SR OT
Tanner Morgan Minnesota RS SR QB
Dalton Wagner Arkansas RS SR OT
Sam Schlueter Minnesota RS SR OG/OT
Major Tennison Alabama RS SR TE

Edited by Ozzy

Just MSU related, not sure how you have Connor Heyward in your risers but not Kenneth Walker III, Jalon Nailor or Jayden Reed.  Walker is the NCAA leader in yards with 120 more yards than #2 and only 4 more rushes than Bijan.  He is hard to bring down and is making a lot of guys miss as he leads the country in yards after contact and broken tackles.  

Reed and Nailor are both big play threats. Reed was the leader in all purpose yards with 2 punt returns for TDs on the year and multiple big plays at WR.  Nailor just came off a week with 3 TDs of over 60 yards each, one showing a great adjustment and a lot of wiggle after the catch. 

OL, Jarvis has been good but Jarrett Horst, the transfer from Arkansas St has been the best OL.  

On Defense, Xavier Henderson should be moving onto draft boards. He is one of the highest rated safety's per PFF and leads the team in tackles, having 17 in one game this year.  

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Just MSU related, not sure how you have Connor Heyward in your risers but not Kenneth Walker III, Jalon Nailor or Jayden Reed.  Walker is the NCAA leader in yards with 120 more yards than #2 and only 4 more rushes than Bijan.  He is hard to bring down and is making a lot of guys miss as he leads the country in yards after contact and broken tackles.  

Reed and Nailor are both big play threats. Reed was the leader in all purpose yards with 2 punt returns for TDs on the year and multiple big plays at WR.  Nailor just came off a week with 3 TDs of over 60 yards each, one showing a great adjustment and a lot of wiggle after the catch. 

OL, Jarvis has been good but Jarrett Horst, the transfer from Arkansas St has been the best OL.  

On Defense, Xavier Henderson should be moving onto draft boards. He is one of the highest rated safety's per PFF and leads the team in tackles, having 17 in one game this year.  

I agree Kenneth Walker is easily one of the best backs in the nation, but I am not totally sold on him declaring for the draft yet unless one goes with any back that has any success at anytime, just go out for the draft regardless.  But sure he might declare, Nailor I think needs another year, Reed also might need another year and in terms of who is the better prospect I like Reed a bit more because of his return skills and he is a little more physical and tough it seems.  Both could use another season especially with such a deep WR group not sure declaring would be a good idea for them either.

Thus the risers are guys who are going to be in the draft or guys who I think will declare, those three Michigan State players I do not have declaring early as of yet.  I like Henderson but granted I do need to watch him more, liked him a lot last year also.  Will be interesting to watch Michigan State in the coming weeks, because what their best players do against against the likes of Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State will prove if they should declare and if they are that elite or not.  Either against Indiana and Maryland will be decent competition as well.  

It is pretty shocking how good Michigan State is this year, the improvement they have shown is pretty impressive compared to how they were last year, but again will see how they look against the big boys coming up down the road.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree Kenneth Walker is easily one of the best backs in the nation, but I am not totally sold on him declaring for the draft yet unless one goes with any back that has any success at anytime, just go out for the draft regardless.  But sure he might declare, Nailor I think needs another year, Reed also might need another year and in terms of who is the better prospect I like Reed a bit more because of his return skills and he is a little more physical and tough it seems.  Both could use another season especially with such a deep WR group not sure declaring would be a good idea for them either.

Thus the risers are guys who are going to be in the draft or guys who I think will declare, those three Michigan State players I do not have declaring early as of yet.  I like Henderson but granted I do need to watch him more, liked him a lot last year also.  Will be interesting to watch Michigan State in the coming weeks, because what their best players do against against the likes of Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State will prove if they should declare and if they are that elite or not.  Either against Indiana and Maryland will be decent competition as well.  

It is pretty shocking how good Michigan State is this year, the improvement they have shown is pretty impressive compared to how they were last year, but again will see how they look against the big boys coming up down the road.  

Agreed, the improvement from last year has been crazy.  To be fair though last year Mel Tucker came in really late and then covid happened so he wasn't able to implement a new system easily.  He did pick up a couple key guys in the transfer portal though and going with Thorne at QB full time has helped a ton.  He is significantly better than Rocky Lombardi.  

As for leaving early, all three are redshirt juniors and RB shelf life is short in the NFL so if a player has a chance to go, they typically go.  I don't see any chance Walker stays around as he has been a 2nd-4th round projection the last couple of weeks.  If he is trash against the tougher comp, he may stay but he would have to be really bad. 

I agree Reed has more value with his return ability.  Both are explosive with the ball in their hands and are super fast which always helps in the draft process.  I wouldn't be shocked if they are projected mid round picks and leave early.  I don't think either is a star in the NFL but both should find a home as a #3 WR somewhere.