A Quiet Place 2 - May 28th, 2021

D82

giphy.gif

Great to see movies back and see people getting exciting to go see a movie in the theatre.  But honestly never really thought the 1st one was great and this one I doubt would be any better.  

It Comes at Night is arguably is a better film with a way more interesting story and was made before the original A Quiet Place.

The Wailing, It Follows, The Witch, Hereditary, Super Dark Times were better scary movies as well.  Granted lucky of A Quiet Place most horror movies in the past 5 years or more have sucked so not much competition and generally people love a good scary movie even if it is not so good sometimes.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

giphy.gif

Great to see movies back and see people getting exciting to go see a movie in the theatre.  But honestly never really thought the 1st one was great and this one I doubt would be any better.  

It Comes at Night is arguably is a better film with a way more interesting story and was made before the original A Quiet Place.

The Wailing, It Follows, The Witch, Hereditary, Super Dark Times were better scary movies as well.  Granted lucky of A Quiet Place most horror movies in the past 5 years or more have sucked so not much competition and generally people love a good scary movie even if it is not so good sometimes.

The only one out of all those you mentioned I liked was The Witch. The others just weren't that great to me. Enjoyed A Quiet Place over all of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D82 said:

The only one out of all those you mentioned I liked was The Witch. The others just weren't that great to me. Enjoyed A Quiet Place over all of them.

The Witch and Hereditary were phenomenal. Rest were meh. No idea what he yapping about with It Comes At Night.... that was an absolute borefest...

22 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

The Witch and Hereditary were phenomenal. Rest were meh. No idea what he yapping about with It Comes At Night.... that was an absolute borefest...

Hereditary just didn't interest me at all honestly. 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, Shockwave said:

Not sure I would call The Witch or Hereditary phenomenal, yeah sure for the past 5 years they are phenomenal but in the grand scheme of things are just good.  It Follows was very unique and really solid and The Wailing was outstanding, makes Parasite look like a piece of ****.

It Comes At Night to me had a way more interesting story and was much more drama filled and unique.  Boring?  Well yeah if you want a monster flick with a visible monster that is large and looks like a praying mantis with large crazy teeth, yeah A Quiet Place is your movie.  To me that monster reveal was so bad and that monster is slow lame and stupid, it almost ruined the entire movie and they would have been better off never showing the monster.   But yeah a kid plays with his stupid noisy rocket ship in the woods and everyone freaks out because of the sound, not a fan of it.

On 5/8/2021 at 8:06 PM, D82 said:

Hereditary just didn't interest me at all honestly. 

Granted it is very odd but it is a scary movie and is creepy as hell.  It does come down to though do you want to be entertained or simply scared.  Most want a little of both, I would usually rank a actual scary movie over another scary movie that was overall better but not as scary.  

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Not sure I would call The Witch or Hereditary phenomenal, yeah sure for the past 5 years they are phenomenal but in the grand scheme of things are just good.  It Follows was very unique and really solid and The Wailing was outstanding, makes Parasite look like a piece of ****.

It Comes At Night to me had a way more interesting story and was much more drama filled and unique.  Boring?  Well yeah if you want a monster flick with a visible monster that is large and looks like a praying mantis with large crazy teeth, yeah A Quiet Place is your movie.  To me that monster reveal was so bad and that monster is slow lame and stupid, it almost ruined the entire movie and they would have been better off never showing the monster.   But yeah a kid plays with his stupid noisy rocket ship in the woods and everyone freaks out because of the sound, not a fan of it.

Granted it is very odd but it is a scary movie and is creepy as hell.  It does come down to though do you want to be entertained or simply scared.  Most want a little of both, I would usually rank a actual scary movie over another scary movie that was overall better but not as scary.  

I didn't find it scary. Honestly, can't remember the last time I watched a movie and was legitimately terrified. 

37 minutes ago, D82 said:

I didn't find it scary. Honestly, can't remember the last time I watched a movie and was legitimately terrified. 

That near the end scene in Hereditary with that old lady off in the distance moving around, that was pretty scary in the moment and creepy as hell.  With good camera work, storyline and concept they can do decent stuff in scary movies.  Like that sick lady in the original Pet Sematary, I think that wives sister who was sick when she was a kid and she had to care for her, that sick lady going up close to the camera with the round angle lens was good along with that kid cutting that dudes back leg.  A few shots especially the end of The Blair Witch Project was good, that end scene in Manhunter was damn good also in the dudes creepy house with that music playing.  The Evil Dead all those shots outside the cabin looking into the cabin from the dark woods was damn good.  That slamming door in Texas Chainsaw Massacre when he takes that girl down, that is outstanding as well.  A few scenes in Funny Games is creepy and scary as hell and that was the Naomi Watts one.  And hard to not be impressed with that end scene in the basement with Clarice in Silence of the Lambs was outstanding.  But that alone, the thought of the movie and the hype around it was a huge part of the film, even the name.  I never got that with A Quiet Place because the idea for what the monster is just seemed kind of cheesy honestly to me.

Sure it is all fantasy and fake so sure is hard to be really scared unless one has a good imagination and really gets into it and views themselves as in the movie and not sitting and watching the movie.  Hard to be scared of anything unless you think it is real or really happening.