TWill shouldn’t be playing but he’s a warrior so he is

turtle28

“The ligament that holds my kneecap in the socket needs to be reconstructed at some point,” said Williams, a five-time Pro Bowl honoree. “It’s like a five-, six-month surgery, I think, in recovery time. I’m just trying to hold off on that as long as possible. Hopefully get through the season and revisit it in the offseason.”

Williams suffered the right-knee injury in the first quarter of the Redskins’ Oct. 2 loss at Kansas City when a player rolled up on the back of his foot, wrenching his knee in the process. He tried to continue playing, but his leg buckled and he went down on the field on the following play. He was helped to the sideline, received treatment and returned to complete the game after missing just four snaps.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm picturing EXACTLY what he is describing.

Not.Pretty.

Once NSekhe gets back, we should seriously think about shutting TWill down.

Are we trying out other tackles? I realize it would be a MAJOR step down to go from Williams to a street free agent, but we really need to think long term here.

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2017 at 9:19 AM, turtle28 said:

There is a brace you can wear that has a hole which allows your knee cap to go through which stabilizes it. I have one and am supposed to wear it when I play sports or go skiing. Hopefully he’s wearing that.

I wear 2 braces (compression + patella) on the same knee and in a good week it's only 3 days of strapping up but I don't put anything close to the stress on it as Trent does and he probably needs to be braced up daily - even on his days off just to walk. Just can't imagine what he goes through to trot out on the field. 

It really isn't an issue with pain as it is an issue with confidence. Is this knee gonna collapse even with a brace on? And if it does, now you really got issues. Anyone remember Jim Otto (#00 for the Raiders)? After football, he couldn't raise a leg to put his trousers on without leaning his back against a wall. I fear this is the direction Williams is going.

Archived