2021 ROT

DreamKid

I posted this a few weeks ago in here, forget what thread it was but since DeCosta has been GM, every major extension he’s given out that player has had a season ending injury the following year. Just unreal bad luck.

Tavon 19

Stanley/Boyle 20

Gus 21

and Marcus Peters one 1.5 seasons later.

Nice knowing you Mark Andrews

I’m still not concerned. Ty’Son Williams displayed terrific vision in the preseason.

I also remember that Greg Roman literally put together a run game that averaged over 220 rushing yds/game to close out 2018 with a rookie Lamar and rookie Gus when they had only a bye week.

We have some backs that should be hungry at our disposal in Ty’Son Williams (making a name for himself) and LeVeon Bell (playing for a quality contract next season with a team). Beyond that I don’t see much regression in our #3 RB role from our current options to what Hill provided- considering his abysmal run vision.

Now one more injury to Williams and/or Bell and I’ll be scared. But while I’m concerned about our depth and I realize that I’m not expecting the same explosiveness out of the unit… I still see a 3k yd rushing season from this squad with what it has at its disposal.

Especially with all the injuries happening up front, it means we will have plenty of time to come up with contingency plans and get guys learning the system.

Obviously none of this is ideal. But if anything I worry a lot less about LeVeon Bell, the diva, showing up. He should have ample opportunity to prove to “the haters” and the league at large that he’s still a legitimate #1 RB in the league. The path has just opened up for him. If he doesn’t grab it, he’ll have no one to blame but himself.

When Lamar was a Rookie and this system was still in it's infancy- Alex Collins, Kenneth Dixon, and Buck Allen combined for 850+ rushing yards. Alex Collins is the only player from that bunch still active in the league. 

I posted that when Dobbins & Hill went down, and the point stands. These injuries suck from every angle, but I still expect us to have a very strong rushing attack. These injuries hurt the ceiling of our running game but don't destroy the machine. I'm happy we have Ty'Son and hopefully these bummy Vet options make the most of their opportunities within this offense. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Mark Andrews is having his struggles to start 2021. Made some keep catches down the stretch last night, but he's still not in the form we expect of him. I didn't even notice him tripping all over the place on this play last night.

What a great assist block by Mekari to help Zeitler and then handle his edge block. Great mobility and this is the kind of play where last season our IOL would’ve gotten devoured by that stunt and Lamar would’ve gotten happy feet.

Yet this season he’s got the time along the interior to step into the pocket and look to make great things happen.

That said, I’d still love to get a 1st round talent added to the interior that can be an absolute bully.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Will be interesting to see how Rashod Bateman fits in early. Eligible to return Week 4.

FWIW. Twitter's Medical/Injury experts are far from perfect. Half of them said JK wouldn't be done for the season, so who knows? 

I'm all for us slow cooking Bateman until he's perfectly healthy. No need to rush him out and jeopardize anything long term(As much as we all want to see him debut).

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

FWIW. Twitter's Medical/Injury experts are far from perfect. Half of them said JK wouldn't be done for the season, so who knows? 

There's a difference between guessing what an injury might be based on the video and reporting what the evidence says the average recovery is from a known surgery