2021 RDT

DreamKid

Campbell seems to be jumpstarting. Wasn't too much of a factor the first couple games and looked like he might've taken a step back from 2020. Which is to be expected at his age and frankly maybe he has regressed, but he's still capable of making plays like these. Which is awesome to see, great Week 3 for Calais.

• Like 1

If we were to lose both Calais and BWill this offseason, the team would have to make a splash signing or trade for at least one impact DI. Madubuike is a rising star but we have no other young options I trust enough to thrust into a starting role at one of the most important spots within this defensive system. Upcoming draft class is expected to be a really weak one for DIs too. 

Still think Quinnen Williams is gettable. Highly productive player on his Rookie contract, and his team is a long ways away from contention. We're familiar with Jets FO and they're not afraid to move players. He'll remain my #1 target at DI until I think that door is fully closed. 

A sleeper name to watch for this offseason is Malik McDowell. Former 2nd Round Pick of the Seahawks who I liked coming out, but he ran into red flag hell. Lots of arrests and eventual jail time IIRC. Don't think DV was involved in any of his issues though, and he's now back in the league. Browns took a chance on him and it's paying off big. He's looking like a beast playing on that dirt contract for them. If he keeps his act together for the year, and continues to flash, he'll have plenty of bidders come FA. Browns have a decent chance at retaining him cheap because of the whole 'You're the club that took the chance on a troubled guy like me' thing, but you never know. He'd be a great scheme fit for us with his ability to be moved all around the front(think Michael Brockers with more juice).

Still 25 Y/O, and he hasn't played football in like 4 years. Came back to look like this-

Really wacked out past though, and he has incidents on camera too.... Soooo can't be certain we'd even consider him or that he'll make it to FA(Browns would be smart to offer modest extension early), but he's a scheme fit and we could have a couple departures at the position this offseason- so it's smart to familiarize yourself with the field.

With regard to Williams, I would certainly like him back on a 2 year deal of modest amount, but we’ve been paying him a hefty sum for some time now and he’s become more and more injury prone. I think if we sign him for any decent amount it could blow up in our face.

Not saying it’s a certainty, but he looks like a candidate to be that “fall apart and only play 9-10 games a season” type moving forward.

I think this offseason should be used to replenish the front on both sides of the ball. The main priority being OL as a 1st & 3rd double dip (minimum) type with DL as a 2nd and 4th double dip and an impact veteran add.

Then from there add some depth/competition at corner via the draft. FA should obviously be used on enfusing the ILB spot with more experience at a discount (just in case our young ILBs can’t take a leap).

But yeah, I’ve got a bad feeling about the health of Williams moving forward, so I’d be weary about giving him too much. I’d like him to return on some Jimmy Smith (additional) ring chasing type 1 year/quality value type deals if at all possible.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, diamondbull424 said:

With regard to Williams, I would certainly like him back on a 2 year deal of modest amount, but we’ve been paying him a hefty sum for some time now and he’s become more and more injury prone. I think if we sign him for any decent amount it could blow up in our face.

B-Will seems like the kind of guy who might take a hometown discount to stay here. 

• Like 1

Rando in the comments section of this video had a great take, he said Wink is deploying Odafe like he's a user controlled player in Madden 😂. That's such a perfect description.  🎮

Video covers the bigger plays you've already seen a lot of from Oweh, but watch closely on his Sack how he takes his right arm and attempts to knock the ball loose- that's super encouraging. A lot of Rookie pass rushers don't have the sense or comfortability as a pass rusher to attempt a secondary action like that. So just one more positive note on the day for Oweh.

It also gets into some of Bowser's rushes, a coverage rep, and his work against the run too. 

• Like 2

After this PFF guy got called out,... he blocked his tweets.

Tried to make it out like Queen was running away from Javontae Williams on a play where Queen was the under man on a stunt and opened up a lane for Houston. Then mocked Patrick for it with music and effects. Honestly.. I don't think he even understood what he was watching, which is pretty scary as he works for a pay service. It's not like we didn't already know PFF was really sus though.

Queen's recent bad stretch of play has opened him up to a new level of criticism and when that happens you're going to get stuff like this. People twisting situations where you didn't even make a mistake just to goof on you. Queen is drowning right now and a crowd is gathering to point and laugh. 

PQ needs to take this stretch of home games leading to the bye and use them to reset and get his swagger/fire back. His trigger has slowed down as he's worried more and more about continuing to flub on tackles and it's made him an even worse player. We can live with the occasional broken tackle or coverage error so long as he's flying to the ball, firing into the backfield, and igniting the field with his energy- which is what he did last year and in Game 1 vs LV. What we can't have is a player in the middle of our defense so scared that he's going to make a mistake that he offers nothing to the defensive cause. It's soul search time for PQ, and I really hope he can pull out of this tailspin. 

freewordtemplates.png?itok=uAaTAjh0