Update: Andrew Luck placed on IR, seeking treatment in Europe

paul-mac

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Honestly I think they’d shut him down if it wasn’t for the fact that 8-8 could potentially win the division

With the way the Jags, Texans and Titans look, I don't think 8-8 is going to do it. Not much of an improvement (10-6 will probably be the mark to get at) but I don't think that Indy defense is going to put them in any position to compete around Thanksgiving at the least.

All three offenses are firing right now.

Pretty much everyone has said what I came here to say.

Why risk him for a season that isnt going anywhere?    Even if he comes back at Thanksgiving, he is going to need some time to get back to game speed and get his timing and rhythm back.    Dont take the chance of him getting injured again and then possibly going through the same thing next season.

12 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What exactly was his injury?  I can't recall...

Initially in 2015/Week 3,  it was diagnosed as a shoulder strain, he sat for 2 weeks then played a couple games before the lacerated kidney. After the 2015 season they decided not to do surgery and let it heal. It wasn’t until after 2016 that they announced it hadn’t healed like they hoped and decided on surgery. 

I’m torn on the play him/don’t play him argument.

I can see the argument of getting him on the field to see how he fares in real game action before a full offseason, but I also don’t deny that giving him a full offseason of rigorous training could make him more game ready. 

5 minutes ago, stallyns said:

Initially in 2015/Week 3,  it was diagnosed as a shoulder strain, he sat for 2 weeks then played a couple games before the lacerated kidney. After the 2015 season they decided not to do surgery and let it heal. It wasn’t until after 2016 that they announced it hadn’t healed like they hoped and decided on surgery. 

I’m torn on the play him/don’t play him argument.

I can see the argument of getting him on the field to see how he fares in real game action before a full offseason, but I also don’t deny that giving him a full offseason of rigorous training could make him more game ready. 

I wouldn't blame the Colts if they shelve him for the season and allow him to fully heal before he returns to action 100% next season.  Why take the risk?  I'm hoping the Packers do the same with Rodgers.  I almost don't want us to sniff the playoffs so management won't be tempted to bring him back too soon.  It does suck to lose your starter, doesn't it?  Without him you don't have a lot of hope in today's QB driven league so your season is basically lost.  :(

Archived