Dolphins release S Bobby McCain

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Pretty solid player, but made expendable. Should be a solid (albeit unspectacular) player for whoever picks him up.

I wonder if whichever team signs him moves him back into the slot. 

Great attitude and never complained unlike a certain safety.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Dolphins fans probably know more than me, but 27 years old and only scheduled to make about $1.4 million this year. 

He was going to count over $7 million against the cap this year.  He was overpaid by a fair bit.  

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

Maybe that means there about to sign Malik Hooker. Damn he had so much potential but injuries piled up and derailed  his career.

Very possible.  He did just come to Miami for a visit.  

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Dolphins fans probably know more than me, but 27 years old and only scheduled to make about $1.4 million this year. 

Not sure where you got that number but its not accurate. Base salary of 6,375,000 and counted 7,140,400 on the cap next season.

He's a slot corner who was moved to safety due to necessity a few seasons ago. Im sure some team will like him as a veteran and good locker room guy. Was simply overpaid and expendable at this point in time.

1 minute ago, Emerica said:

Not sure where you got that number but its not accurate. Base salary of 6,375,000 and counted 7,140,400 on the cap next season.

He's a slot corner who was moved to safety due to necessity a few seasons ago. Im sure some team will like him as a veteran and good locker room guy. Was simply overpaid and expendable at this point in time.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/bobby-mccain-16871/

By the time I used the above link, it was already updated and I missed the "inactive" designation. My apologies.