What Else Is There To Talk About?

soulman

We seem to have reached post draft "quiet time" again there's not a whole lot to discuss.  The biggest news out there now is what is Aaron Rodgers gonna do.....other than attract a lot of attention that is?

There's a rookie camp next weekend (yawn) and then 10 voluntary OTA practices beginning May 25th-June 10th. (avoid injuries at all cost)

I don't see much in the way of roster changes 'til sometime after June 1st when more vets hit the street and we cut a few prospects after mini-camp.

After the highs over the draft I can sense boredom may set in very quickly.  Maybe someone can produce a Vegas like poll with odds for who the first player released or traded will be.

I think even outside of the Rodgers stuff the entire division is pretty interesting after the draft...Dan Campbell is trying to build a bully in Detroit...Minny had a quality draft but how long does Zimmer have if they keep being a middle of the road team? Is this a Nagy situation where not getting the QB right will be his downfall...GB as a team suddenly look really poor if you take Rodgers out of the equation so it's going to be a really interesting division this year.

• Like 1

I think Wr T Marshall falling to late 2nd would have been a really good pick if we had any draft capital left from 2021 to trade with.  

I would have tried to throw some players in to get him.   Maybe even a straight trade for ARob if someone would take it.   Good cap/future move all in one since ARob isn’t happy.  

I would have been cool with a draft of just Fields, Jenkins and Marshall.  

Goal of any draft is to get 2 good players and a solid contributor.  Do that every year and you will have continuous good teams.

Two theories:  Trade up and get guys you have ranked higher or trade down and get more bites at apple and hope to get lucky.  

I actually like both depending on your confidence in players you are trading up for.

Overall I would favor trading down for more picks over trading up, but if a really good player falls I am all for going up and snagging him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Can you imagine the boredom and apathy level if we were settling in for 17 games of Andy Dalton?

I was planning on getting my wife pregnant with #2 based on what happened in the draft. I can deal with a tired and hormonal wife if I have to watch Andy Dalton take every snap. We now have to modify our family plans because of Fields. 

• Like 3

Just see a tweet about the projected cap space of teams in 2022...we have the 13th best at $39.7 million in space...

No wonder Rodgers wants out of GB...they are projected to have the least cap space in the NFL being just over $33 million OVER the cap.

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Can you imagine the boredom and apathy level if we were settling in for 17 games of Andy Dalton?

My apathy came long before Andy Dalton arrived.  I'm actually more interested to see how well he does.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Just see a tweet about the projected cap space of teams in 2022...we have the 13th best at $39.7 million in space...

No wonder Rodgers wants out of GB...they are projected to have the least cap space in the NFL being just over $33 million OVER the cap.

But nearly $40 mil of the cap is attributable to Rodgers himself.  Much tougher to bring in more talent when one player sucks up 20% of the available cap.  Just one more reason we're fortunate to have a QB under his rookie contract again.

1 minute ago, soulman said:

But nearly $40 mil of the cap is attributable to Rodgers himself.  Much tougher to bring in more talent when one player sucks up 20% of the available cap.  Just one more reason we're fortunate to have a QB under his rookie contract again.

No doubt...one thing that makes it worse is Rodgers moans that they don't give him enough of a surrounding cast...but as pointed out on GMFB he has never given the Packers a hometown discount to pay anyone else.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No doubt...one thing that makes it worse is Rodgers moans that they don't give him enough of a surrounding cast...but as pointed out on GMFB he has never given the Packers a hometown discount to pay anyone else.

Yeah...there's definitely some form of cognitive disconnect going on there. Maybe he sees the light? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Just got off a Facetime with Sarah, one of my older daughters.  It's her birthday today.

She, her older sister, and my grandson are huge Packer Fans.  Kelly, my oldest, and Joey, my grandson even travel to some of the road games.  They are all lined up in the "Aaron don't let the door hit ya' in the ***" line and that is a first.  As I've posted he's not won any friends in GB over this and a whole lot of them are ready to move on.

It looks more and more like a split after June 1st may be the only recourse GB has.  It's that or throw even more money at him which will only add to his future cap numbers and force GB to either sit Love indefinitely or trade him like NE did with Jimmy G and Brissett.

Edited by soulman