Looking Ahead to 2022

Am I the only one that hopes we see Njoku get way more playing time this year and shine? Dude was a solid blocker last year, didn't play enough, but made play after play when called upon. If Hooper doesn't stand out, or Bryant proves he can be a player, then I'd get rid of Hooper, even though we have dead cap, it would still save 2 mil overall by releasing him. We have so many options contract wise, between Joel, Jarvis, OBJ, Tretter, some serious money could be saved. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We will need more WR and DE help.

We’re fine other than that.

We will be just fine if Delphin and Beckham are healthy, Green and Wilson are for real and Williams can contribute anything.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Am I the only one that hopes we see Njoku get way more playing time this year and shine? Dude was a solid blocker last year, didn't play enough, but made play after play when called upon. If Hooper doesn't stand out, or Bryant proves he can be a player, then I'd get rid of Hooper, even though we have dead cap, it would still save 2 mil overall by releasing him. We have so many options contract wise, between Joel, Jarvis, OBJ, Tretter, some serious money could be saved. 

If he is gonna get us a better comp pick, might as well shine.

If he is gonna get traded mid-season for a third (and change? more? 🤔) to a team whose TE goes on IR, might as well shine.

If Hooper fades and Njoku has a chance to get re-signed here and become the guy, might as well shine.

Might as well shine.

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Are you asking me, or suggesting it?

tenor.gif

Still a lil confused.....

He's saying if we wait another season (or even end of the year after all the other QBs like Josh Allen and Lamar), especially if Baker leads us to the playoffs again, we're paying him damn near 60mil/yr at that point, making him the highest paid QB in league history. It could easily happen. Someone is gonna get 50mil/yr very soon so it's only a matter of time. 

tl;dr extend Baker

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

He's saying if we wait another season (or even end of the year after all the other QBs like Josh Allen and Lamar), especially if Baker leads us to the playoffs again, we're paying him damn near 60mil/yr at that point, making him the highest paid QB in league history. It could easily happen. Someone is gonna get 50mil/yr very soon so it's only a matter of time. 

tl;dr extend Baker

What due you think baker's agent ask for if he beats Mahomes 

• Like 1

And Baker has that #1 & endorsement money so really is in a solid leverage position. Him being a team player is our best bet to extend him now, which I believe is possible if we go at it hard right now. I think we can get him under $40mil/yr and should hurry up.

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

What due you think baker's agent ask for if he beats Mahomes 

Exactly. He could flame out and all, but I expect Baker to flange.

I would expect his agent to use Mahomes's deal as a starting point in negotiations.

Edited by NudeTayne

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Exactly. He could flame out and all, but I expect Baker to flange.

I would expect his agent to use Mahomes's deal as a starting point in negotiations.

Another point if we sign Mayfield to a team friendly deal he goes to OBJ

And Landry "extend or be traded".

• Like 1