Random Bears/NFL Thoughts - Preseason Edition

dll2000

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

With all Pizza talk at end of draft thread, I realize I am a pizza snob.

I pretty much don’t like pizza outside of Chicago or New York.  Never been to Italy.

I won’t even buy or eat it in South.  

After living in NY for over 5 years I can say I don’t like their pizza at all, it’s nothing like a Chicago pizza. But pizza was absolutely terrible in North Carolina where I only ate it like four times in my three years there, I think the pizza in Africa is better. And Texas has ok pizza, except there is a Gino’s east 45 minutes from me so I get that every once in a while. 

Edited by blkwdw13
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 8:18 AM, dll2000 said:

Why are we keeping Mack, Hicks, Robinson etc. if we are going to play Dalton for a full season?

Might as well trade high priced or older talent or late contract talent for future picks wherever possible. 

But I don’t believe for a second plan is play Dalton all season.

Robinson I can see because you want your rookie QB to have a reliable target.

Mack and Hicks could be traded. They're going to be past their primes when Fields is ready to lead this team to success. The Bears are in a bit of a weird position because they're caught in-between a full rebuild and trying to compete.

27 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

After living in NY for over 5 years I can say I don’t like their pizza at all, it’s nothing like a Chicago pizza. But pizza was absolutely terrible in North Carolina where I only ate it like four times in my three years there, I think the pizza in Africa is better. And Texas has ok pizza, except there is a Gino’s east 45 minutes from me so I get that every once in a while. 

Do you live in the Houston area by any chance?

27 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Robinson I can see because you want your rookie QB to have a reliable target.

Mack and Hicks could be traded. They're going to be past their primes when Fields is ready to lead this team to success. The Bears are in a bit of a weird position because they're caught in-between a full rebuild and trying to compete.

Never mind.  Mis statement. Edit

Edited by dll2000

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

i was in fort worth for 3 years (moved last year to denver) and i never knew there was a gino's down there smh

I know there use to be one in the just north of Houston but it is no longer there.  There are a lot of Chicago transplants in Houston so they have several venues that cater to us including pizza, beefs, rib tips, polishes, hot dogs, and several other Chicago style items.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:15 AM, dll2000 said:

How long before Fields starts?   I say he sits no more than 3 games and maybe none.  If it was me it would be none.  

I think that, with the way Nagy is already hedging, Fields is the guy in game one. Before I saw how Nagy was changing his tune, I would have guessed like maybe eight or nine games in. 

Who blinks first in Rodgers/GB standoff?  My ideal scenario is they don’t trade him and he stays as an active moody cancer and decides not to give best effort.

I still think he ends up getting traded. The lack of any new developments recently makes me a little less certain of that, though.

Fields and Jenkins is my favorite Bears draft since 80s.  I think I may have thought long and hard about taking Mac if I was coach though.   Depends on my OC.  If Mac had a stronger arm I think he is a no brainer.  That extra .1 - 3 sec in air matters though at NFL level.  Makes him scary.     

I think Jones has a very good chance to succeed (although maybe not with Belichick). But Fields is definitely the better pick. 

Everyone has praised Fields pick.  No one better come back here with told ya so’s if he busts unless they say it loud right now.

I find it interesting we didn't get any Cheeseheads wandering into here and saying things like Fields can't be a good quarterback because the Bears drafted him...

If SF QB isn’t awesome or really good Shannahan legacy is in a lot of trouble.   

It's even worse than that. If Fields ends up being better than Lance (which I view as a probability, not just a possibility), it's a really bad look for SF's 'dynamic duo" of Shanahan and Lynch. 

Edited by Heinz D.

22 hours ago, soulman said:

Should the Washington Football Team be renamed the Foreskins?  I mean why **** around with it.  Just pick something close to what they had right?

I think they should pick an actual Indian tribe name that existed in the area rather than Redskins.

Washington Nacotchtanks

Could even keep old logo.  Nothing inherently offensive about the logo.   Just the name, right?

I mean we have Spartans and Irish and Troy and whatever else.  

Helps keep the history alive IMO.  

Or if that is offensive to the offended, I give permission for it to be the Washington Swedes.   Hammer of Thor can be our logo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Washington Nacotchtanks

Could even keep old logo.  Nothing inherently offensive about the logo.   Just the name, right?

Or if that is offensive to the offended, I give permission for it to be the Washington Swedes.   Hammer of Thor can be our logo. 

Of course if they name it the Washington Swedes I may stop being a Bears fan and make the switch.   Though I can't stand their owner.

It would be tough.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Washington Nacotchtanks

In that same vein they could honor orginal owner George Preston Marshall and become the Washington Racist Mother****ers.  

Nah......NFL would never approve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dusted off my old drone yesterday and got it working again.  My son crashed it into a tree a couple years ago.   I thought it was broke, but it isn't.  Just a couple of wires got loose in the crash.  

One of batteries doesn't work anymore so I have to order a new one.  Eats battery in like 20 minutes or  so always good to have 2 charged and maybe 3.   Have to order another battery.

It was a really high end one like 5 years that brothers bought for my dad who never used it and then he ended up just giving it to me after a couple of years.  Has a 4k camera on it.   Like when 4k cameras were pretty new things.

• Like 1