Who are the players you like but really arent all that good?

Kiwibrown

For the Raiders

Currently - Jalen Richard - Richard is a fine NFL player. He's definitely not good though. Especially in regards to his ability to actually run the football. I would say he's a solid pass catcher though and he's a very good pass protector. I pull for him not so much because of his on field ability, but because he's a guy that in a lot of instances never hangs around in the NFL for more than a year or two. And yet he's managed to carve out a nice career for himself, hanging on the roster anywhere from pretty regularly targeted in the pass game and change of pace back that got a fair amount of looks to being the 3rd RB and key special teams player because of his pass protection and his ability to return kicks. I just like to root for guys that don't have elite size, speed, didn't come from a big school or get drafted high but have the work ethic and ability to be honest about their abilities and what they can contribute to a team and make it hard for others to take his job because of the things he can do well. 

Plus at this point he's one of the longest tenured Raiders. Though he is pretty highly paid now for a RB that is clearly behind Jacobs and Drake and he could be cut this year if a unknown has a good enough camp. I secretly hope he gets one more year and a playoff appearance before going our separate ways. 

2 hours ago, MagicMT said:

This tread was made for Josh Dobbs and @VanS ;) 

No.  He's actually good.  Just hasn't gotten a true opportunity in real games to show what he's got.  At some point it will come.  Its just a matter of time. 

For me it was Vic Beasley i always thought he was better than how alot of Falcon fans treated him.   Not gonna lie and act like he was some alpha big dog.  But when he was paired with someone who he respected and he could learn from like Freeney he was a really good pass rusher and so so in coverage.   Once freeney got fired and Beasley had to learn from Quinn and company again he went back to being avg or so.

But still he is 5th all time in Sacks for Falcon players and is 3rd all time in Sacks per game  only behind John Abraham and Rod Coleman.