Jump to content

Who are the players you like but really arent all that good?


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

For me it was Vic Beasley i always thought he was better than how alot of Falcon fans treated him.   Not gonna lie and act like he was some alpha big dog.  But when he was paired with someone who he respected and he could learn from like Freeney he was a really good pass rusher and so so in coverage.   Once freeney got fired and Beasley had to learn from Quinn and company again he went back to being avg or so.

But still he is 5th all time in Sacks for Falcon players and is 3rd all time in Sacks per game  only behind John Abraham and Rod Coleman. 

He was beast your superbowl year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Foles. Simply because he introduced me to some good coffee at relatively cheap price.


Long story short, he makes Keto coffee for every player in the locker room on his own dime and when he talked about it in an interview I was intrigued so I tried it and haven't look back. 

FWIW tho, he gave detailed instructions on how to make it like he does and so I was gonna try his way first.......bad call. The oil he uses has the strongest and nastiest taste of any product I have ever tasted that has NO ACTUAL taste. It was so bad I seriously felt like the cup I used tasted like that oil for weeks. I threw it out. What was a waste of money. I'm not an athlete and I don't need that keto crap.

But minus that, the coffee is pretty good (as long as you don't order it from Amazon where it's been sitting in a warehouse for god knows how long --another mistake on my part). 

So for this reason alone, Foles is my choice at the moment.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

For me it was Vic Beasley i always thought he was better than how alot of Falcon fans treated him.   Not gonna lie and act like he was some alpha big dog.  But when he was paired with someone who he respected and he could learn from like Freeney he was a really good pass rusher and so so in coverage.   Once freeney got fired and Beasley had to learn from Quinn and company again he went back to being avg or so.

But still he is 5th all time in Sacks for Falcon players and is 3rd all time in Sacks per game  only behind John Abraham and Rod Coleman. 

Can't speak for Atlanta outside of his one successful and unsustainable sack season, but he did jack squat with the Titans. Excuse me, he did rob us for millions while being unmotivated and making no impact. I'd imagine just about every Titans fan feels the opposite of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He was beast your superbowl year. 

Which is the same year we had Dwight Freeney here taking him under his wing and teaching him.   No coincidence how much of an impact that had on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VanS said:

No.  He's actually good.  Just hasn't gotten a true opportunity in real games to show what he's got.  At some point it will come.  Its just a matter of time. 

Keep telling yourself that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Which is the same year we had Dwight Freeney here taking him under his wing and teaching him.   No coincidence how much of an impact that had on him.

Everything was right that year to help the passrush. I'd the biggest factor was the offense being ridiculous which locked the offenses of other teams in passing situations in order to keep up (Eagles beat us by not doing that but by controlling the game through the running game). So Beastley and Freeney could just rush the passer all day long. Freeney got quite a bit of attention which freed up Beastley to feast. Afaik he didn't actually "win" a lot of his matchups, he was just very prolific in getting the cleanup sacks (which makes sense with his speed).

That season makes me wonder how devastating an Abraham/Freeney combo would/could have been.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 11:27 AM, Kiwibrown said:

As a browns fan I never enjoyed his game.

guy just has absolutely one of the most bizarre career arcs in the nfl in the modern era at least tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

guy just has absolutely one of the most bizarre career arcs in the nfl in the modern era at least tbh

Some games he would make great throws- and others he missed by huge margins. 

Got payed though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...