No New Home For Foles.....

soulman

3 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Haha, the thing is, those picks at least made since, Carimi won like best OL at Wisconsin and Chris Williams was athletic back when athletic OLmen were rare. Enis was back when people still drafted RB's early, and Cade McNown we didnt really pass over anybody.....Mitch, we legit moved up in order to take him over a national champion and Heisman trophy finalist and a future HOFer, because they saw 13 starts at UNC.....like WWWW TTTTTT FFFF haha

It's an interesting argument to have. Trubisky had (has???) some traits. A lot of people were smitten with him.

McClown...he had some folks championing him, and really, his resume wasn't bad at all. But the guy is a sociopath, or something similar to that. The Bears should have definitely picked up on that. That's a profound lack of homework, right there.

Curtis Enis? Wasn't even really all that dominant at the college level. Good career, but up and down. And his measurables were simply okay. Not some fluke of nature stud. 

And...

Whoops. Need an Advil. I'm out again. 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

The Bauzin fiasco was bad. But you're neglecting...

Cade McClown. Curtis enis. John Thierry (NOT a 4-3 DE), Gabe Carimi. Chris Williams. Even Kevin White was a worse pick than Trubisky.

And...

Never mind. This is TOO depressing. I'm out. 

You forgot Stan Thomas/OT......LOL

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Not being able to get the 2022 money back hurts.

I’d guess unless someone takes him off our hands after a whole bunch of QB injuries early on in the season (unlikely) he’ll be a post-6/1 cut next offseason making his hit next year to be elsewhere $3.8M. That’s not great, but definitely palatable. 

30 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d guess unless someone takes him off our hands after a whole bunch of QB injuries early on in the season (unlikely) he’ll be a post-6/1 cut next offseason making his hit next year to be elsewhere $3.8M. That’s not great, but definitely palatable. 

We are going to be paying Quinn and Foles 12 million to not be here next year... 2020 was yuck.

The Foles trade is another example of where Ryan Pace's impatience backfired.  Had he been willing to wait Dalton would have been released and he might have pursued him as a FA instead of trading for Foles.  But.....I also believe the restrictions COVID placed on teams last spring and summer made in difficult on any QB transitioning to a new team.

Foles isn't as bad as he seemed to be last year and might have played far better with more time to prepare and ingest the offense.  There's still a chance of picking up at late 2022 pick for him if someone loses a QB or finds themselves unhappy with a backup they have.  But it's not likely to be more than a 6th round pick or a conditional pick.

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

We are going to be paying Quinn and Foles 12 million to not be here next year... 2020 was yuck.

The Quinn signing has been a disaster and he was hurt for at least some of last season. I don’t think Quinn is a bad player so much as he’s the wrong type of player for us. He’s a pure speed rusher and he’s had his most successful seasons playing his home games on fast playing surfaces in STL and DAL. Soldier Field has the slowest playing surface in the NFL per a whole bunch of players. Putting a pure speed rusher at Soldier Field for half his games is like putting snow tires on a Corvette. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

The Quinn signing has been a disaster and he was hurt for at least some of last season. I don’t think Quinn is a bad player so much as he’s the wrong type of player for us. He’s a pure speed rusher and he’s had his most successful seasons playing his home games on fast playing surfaces in STL and DAL. Soldier Field has the slowest playing surface in the NFL per a whole bunch of players. Putting a pure speed rusher at Soldier Field for half his games is like putting snow tires on a Corvette. 

Is it that or, even taking his slow recovery from his injury into consideration, is it that we're asking a guy whose typically played as a 4-3 DE to fit into a hybrid 3-4?  I'll be interested to see if Desai and his new coaches can figure out ways for Quinn to become more productive.

At least Pace was smart enough to sign Attaochu whose strictly an edge rusher type and then also add a UDFA like Snowden whose gonna remind people of Floyd if he's ever coached up well enough to assume that jack of all trades OLB role.