Ranking The 10 Fastest Bears On Offense

soulman

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I know.  

I just used your post for an excuse to do a cranky early morning rant. 

How 'bout a Triple Midol Latte Grande to kick that Monday morning rant to the curb?  😉  😆

I'm gonna leave that decision up to Nagy and his guys to make.  Then I can avoid all responsibility and blame them if they're wrong. LOL

Personally I don't believe keeping Dalton #1 until Fields take's it away from him is bad thinking.

Mitch was never challenged to show he was better than an established vet QB.  Glennon was awful right from the start.  Dalton is significantly better than Glennon ever was and does present a reasonable challenge for Fields.

I'd like to see Fields play asap as well but I also believe he needs to demonstrate he is the better choice.  When that becomes too obvious to ignore then Dalton becomes a very highly paid #2 and Foles a grossly over paid QB coach.

I have taught both my youngest daughters to swim but we began with using flotation devices and other types of support first so they could learn to relax in the water and slowly feel confidence in their abilities to swim without them.

Edited by soulman

On 5/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, abstract_thought said:

Having a QB that can threaten all areas of the field will open up more space for guys like Miller, Montgomery, and Cohen. Those guys aren’t necessarily fast but they have enough short area quickness to make guys miss.

I’m anxious to see all of our receivers with an accurate QB. YAC was basically nonexistent with Mitch because he struggled hitting guys in stride. Accurate enough to get completions most of the time but in a way that would turn what should have been a 15 yard catch and run into a gain of 6. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m anxious to see all of our receivers with an accurate QB. YAC was basically nonexistent with Mitch because he struggled hitting guys in stride. Accurate enough to get completions most of the time but in a way that would turn what should have been a 15 yard catch and run into a gain of 6. 

Just to add to that, opponents didn’t always respect the Bears offense. They would pack the box and dare Mitch to throw deep. When you have a QB that can hit throws at all levels, a lot more space opens up underneath. It’s why the Chiefs are so tough to defend.

• Like 1

If Fields can prove his deep ball accuracy in the NFL all it's gonna take is one game or two at most where he singes a defense for a couple of scores off long passes before the Bears begin seeing much different defenses each week.  He could be very difficult to defend.

• Like 3

As much as it is exciting to have so much speed at the skill positions on this team it does give me pause to think how many of our defence would make this list? There is a lot of speedy offences in the NFL and right now or defence seems ill equipped to deal with it...outside of Roquan we have no one who has elite speed at their position...hopefully Desai can scheme us around this but next offseason we need to get way more athletic on the defensive side of the ball. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as it is exciting to have so much speed at the skill positions on this team it does give me pause to think how many of our defence would make this list? There is a lot of speedy offences in the NFL and right now or defence seems ill equipped to deal with it...outside of Roquan we have no one who has elite speed at their position...hopefully Desai can scheme us around this but next offseason we need to get way more athletic on the defensive side of the ball. 

Artie Burns is a pretty elite athlete but other than that this defense lacks pure athleticism.