Predicting the Steelers 2021 Final Roster 1.0 -- 5-9-21

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

And I really doubt we're going to use Freiermuth too much as a FB. At least not this year. I think they'll try to let him settle in at one position, especially because TE has such a hard transition into the league. No point in adding even more to the kid's plate. 

And Watt is a great special teams player to boot.  I look at Watt as a special teams ace who can give FB snaps, and I do know that's the way the team looks at him and Nix before him.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

It's really hard to predict at this point what the 53 will look like. I only have a few quibbles:

Hence the 1.0. I will do another as training camp and preseason get underway because without any practices or training camp this is strictly speculative.

Dobbs vs. Haskins: I think Ben likes Dobbs, and I am not sure Haskins is any better than the last experiment with Paxton Lynch.

Great point on Dobbs and Ben (someone else brought this up as well). I think Dobbs is there even if on the PS. He can still hold a clipboard. I got burned by Paxton too. You would think I would learn. 😁

RB: I think the Steelers carry 4 this year; I'm iffy if they keep Watt though. It depends how much they plan to use 'muth as a HB.

Watt was hurt and never got much of a shot doing anything in the offense. Great comment about Samuels as well in another post. He may be there before Watt as well.

WRs: 5 I think. 

50/50 there, but yes you could be correct. Hoping they keep the faster version of Ryan Switzer. 

OL: I think they will bring in a veteran FA toward the end of pre-season. I don't have a lot of faith in Haeg or Coward as decent depth guys.

I won't discount either until I see them play. They were signed as insurance.

ILB: Allen shows more position flexibility; so I would expect to see him on the roster as S hybrid.

I think Killebrew is the man. I originally had Allen until the Steelers signed Maulet.

DB: I think Layne might be suspended for a game or three based on his guilty plea. So, I hope they bring in another veteran FA to compete.

Agree on Layne. If he get suspended, I guess he will probably get cut as well.

• Like 1