Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Kiltman

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The more other companies try to replicate what the MCU has done, the more impressive it is what Marvel actually pulled off.

Thats the thing though....Marvel didnt really do anything special.

Its more a testament to how many morons are in Hollywood.

They simply had a vision from the beginning, understood and stayed LARGELY true to the source material, didnt overthink the stories, and picked the right people to write, direct and star.    

Dont get me wrong, they deserve credit for all that stuff....but as much as Marvel made it look easy....Sony and WB make it look way harder than it actually is.   Not necessarily saying they could have all the same success, but they could definitely execute much better if the studio heads actually, ya know....cared.

Edited by 43M

21 minutes ago, 43M said:

but as much as Marvel made it look easy....Sony and WB make it look way harder than it actually is.

Yup, and don't forget their butchering of Spider-Man and Ghost Rider since 2007 and, well, in 14 years, nothing has changed. They haven't shown signs of improving their handling of the characters at all, and before anyone brings up "but Into the Spider-Verse, bruh", Sony was actually hands off with that movie. They put all their focus and marketing into The Emoji Movie because they didn't even think it would be good, and I think we all know how THAT turned out.

Sony are the reason I have a hard time labeling WB the MOST incompetent.

Edited by KManX89

49 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

How is it connected to Morbius? I missed that. 

Michael Keaton is playing his character from Spiderman: Homecoming. It was teased at the end of the trailer.

Not a big connection obviously, but still there.

Ok, so this looked pretty bad.

But what is going to really ruin the movie for me is the dues ex machina or stupid plot reason Venom is able to defeat Carnage in the end.  I already know the explanation of Venom's victory is going to be horrible.

11 hours ago, 43M said:

Thats the thing though....Marvel didnt really do anything special.

We keep saying it's simple, but everyone else keeps failing time and time again.  At this point I think the Fast and the Furious movies might be the second most successful extended universe, and there is like 2.5 decent movies in that entire franchise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 43M said:

I would say Sony should sell the rights for Venom to Disney, but at this point, Disney would probably ruin Venom too.

Yeah I don't trust Disney with any of the "should be R rated" characters. They are already trying to butcher Deadpool. 

This one looks like another mindless symbiote Venom movie, which I'm fine with. Not every movie has to be thought-provoking and it's not going to be the franchise I was hoping for, but it'll entertain me enough.