I placed a 50 dollar bet on the dolphins getting Aaron Rodgers. And I'm pretty confident about it too

brushmyhair

The odds were at +3500 and I was baffled. This may be like Doge to the Moon. 50 dollars at +3500.

Here is my reasoning

1. All That Draft Capital

2. Team almost made the playoffs

3. Aaron catapults the dolphins over the bills to the top of the AFC East, easier division than the afc west where you would have to face Herbert and Mahomes twice a year in a raiders or broncos uniform

4. Is there a better place to live or make a living in in Florida right now. Honestly, it's paradise

5. Lots of great weapons to throw to and Miami wouldn't have to trade them in a Rodgers deal. 

6. Can be an easy deal to make, so you could send Tua to New Orleans or Pittsburgh in a trade and get a first rd pick back for him while you trade those SF First rd picks to GB. 

7. Rodgers doesn't have a no trade clause and he's not late enough in the contract to have that kind of pull, however I don't think that'll be necessary as I think he'd approve a trade to Miami as the franchise is showing a ton of promise. 

Post draft, Miami could use some improvement at the RB position to balance out the offfense. 

I don't think Rodgers to Miami is a matter of If. It's more like a matter of When. But if Rodgers remains on the GB roster this season, If Russell Wilson is dissatisfied after this season in Seattle, I think a Wilson Rodgers swap is inevitable. But because of my bet, I hope you guys get him

48 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Miami already has what they believe to be a franchise QB on the roster.  They aren't going to trade what GB would ask for to get Rogers, who BTW is 38 years old.

I don't think they think they do. I think they are in the same stage Denver was at with Tim Tebow and when Manning became available, they lurked for a bit, then pounced. I remember those Manning sweepstakes pretty well. The moment he was released, I was thinking, this guy is gonna go to Arizona and set records with Fitzgerald. But then out of nowhere, Tennessee and Denver entered the fray. The difference between the situations is that Manning was released. Rodgers is not.

Miami I think regrets passing on Herbert.

I think Miami is that team that is lurking in these sweepstakes 

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

I don't think they think they do. I think they are in the same stage Denver was at with Tim Tebow and when Manning became available, they lurked for a bit, then pounced. I remember those Manning sweepstakes pretty well. The moment he was released, I was thinking, this guy is gonna go to Arizona and set records with Fitzgerald. But then out of nowhere, Tennessee and Denver entered the fray. The difference between the situations is that Manning was released. Rodgers is not.

Herbert had a great rookie season, so did Baker Mayfield who didn't live up to the billing in his sophmore season. Peyton Manning, a terrible rookie season. Lets not jump to conclusions as to who (if any) are going to work out in the NFL. Having watched every game, I am comfortable for now with Tua under center. He showed the arm strength and accuracy I had hoped to see. He was definitely hesitant on some decision making but I think a complete off season program and all the starter reps will alleviate that issue. I am expecting him to look much improved this season. 

That said, if they get Rodgers and don't have to sell the farm to do it how could I complain. If it is up to me I am not giving more than 2-1sts for him. I don't see Green Bay letting him go though. 

1 hour ago, Phinsesq said:

Herbert had a great rookie season, so did Baker Mayfield who didn't live up to the billing in his sophmore season. Peyton Manning, a terrible rookie season. Lets not jump to conclusions as to who (if any) are going to work out in the NFL. Having watched every game, I am comfortable for now with Tua under center. He showed the arm strength and accuracy I had hoped to see. He was definitely hesitant on some decision making but I think a complete off season program and all the starter reps will alleviate that issue. I am expecting him to look much improved this season. 

That said, if they get Rodgers and don't have to sell the farm to do it how could I complain. If it is up to me I am not giving more than 2-1sts for him. I don't see Green Bay letting him go though. 

If GB has to move on, I think Miami is going to get him. Hence why I placed the bet.

50 at +3500. Can't hurt

16 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

If GB has to move on, I think Miami is going to get him. Hence why I placed the bet.

50 at +3500. Can't hurt

I don't do much sports betting, 50 at +3500 does that mean you win $3500 if he ends up in Miami? 

14 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

+3500 is equivalent to 35/1 odds.  

as far as moving him goes seems as good a bet as any, though my money would be on him staying. Miami has some picks, and would move him out of the NFC. Miami has added offensive talent which should be intriguing to him as opposed to retiring in protest. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I'm not giving ANY firsts for AR.  The dude is 38 years old, and could quite literally drop off the cliff at any time.

On 5/10/2021 at 1:26 PM, brushmyhair said:

Tua isn't Tebow. Lmao.