I placed a 50 dollar bet on the dolphins getting Aaron Rodgers. And I'm pretty confident about it too

brushmyhair

6 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Brady is much older, haven't seen the decline in success there. 

AR likely has 5-6 more very good to great playing years left IMO.  I think the issue is the compensation for an elite player that will want a new contract, and who really wants to play out west closer to his home state and current fiance.  I would bet on AR staying in GB, but crazier things have happened. 

If it were up to me I would trade 2 first round picks for AR if I had his approval and we worked out a contract prior to the trade.  I also think AR would be smart to come to Miami, but I don't think a trade to Miami is what he wants right now.  He wants Gute fired and he wants a new contract, or he will accept a trade to certain teams out west with a new contract.  Miami isn't a part of his wants list right now IMO.

11 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

AR likely has 5-6 more very good to great playing years left IMO.  I think the issue is the compensation for an elite player that will want a new contract, and who really wants to play out west closer to his home state and current fiance.  I would bet on AR staying in GB, but crazier things have happened. 

If it were up to me I would trade 2 first round picks for AR if I had his approval and we worked out a contract prior to the trade.  I also think AR would be smart to come to Miami, but I don't think a trade to Miami is what he wants right now.  He wants Gute fired and he wants a new contract, or he will accept a trade to certain teams out west with a new contract.  Miami isn't a part of his wants list right now IMO.

He doesn't have a no trade clause so a list is meaningless 

On 5/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, brushmyhair said:

He doesn't have a no trade clause so a list is meaningless 

I disagree!!!  If the Packers trade AR it's because he refuses to play for them.  Why would any other team trade meaningful compensation for AR without his agreement, meaning a new contract, to play for them?  Answer is they wouldn't. 

In review; NO TEAM will offer substantial compensation for Aaron Rogers without his assurance that he is all in and that he will play for that team.

8 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I disagree!!!  If the Packers trade AR it's because he refuses to play for them.  Why would any other team trade meaningful compensation for AR without his agreement, meaning a new contract, to play for them?  Answer is they wouldn't. 

In review; NO TEAM will offer substantial compensation for Aaron Rogers without his assurance that he is all in and that he will play for that team.

I think he'd play for Miami. After how Denver handled the Juwan James situation, I seriously doubt anyone would want to play there. They don't give 2 turds about their players. 

2 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

I think he'd play for Miami. After how Denver handled the Juwan James situation, I seriously doubt anyone would want to play there. They don't give 2 turds about their players. 

I’m wondering if Denver isn’t trying to create cap room for AR with that poor handling of James and another of their players that’s in the same boat as James.  I think AR SHOULD want to play in Miami.......but I haven’t heard any news that he has any interest in being a Dolphin.  Until then it’s just wishful thinking for us Dolfans.  Although, you certainly have the right to believe what you want, and I wish you luck on your potential high pay out bet.

15 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

They paid him 17m to play 63 snaps. I’d try to get back my money too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I’m wondering if Denver isn’t trying to create cap room for AR with that poor handling of James and another of their players that’s in the same boat as James.  I think AR SHOULD want to play in Miami.......but I haven’t heard any news that he has any interest in being a Dolphin.  Until then it’s just wishful thinking for us Dolfans.  Although, you certainly have the right to believe what you want, and I wish you luck on your potential high pay out bet.

Denver really messed up with how they handled this and probably screwed any chance of getting rodgers. The NFLPA is going to go scorched earth on them.