Roster Projection: WR and TE

WindyCity

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

You can probably figure something from Cohen out of the slot in that group too, and Byrd and Goodwin have history to suggest they probably won’t be complete zeroes. Byrd put up 47 catches with Cam Newton last year who is a subpar NFL passer. 

I think the depth is better than we have seen in the past.

I would just love to have a legit #3 and not a guy who the coach compliments by saying he has been "attentive" in meetings.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I think the depth is better than we have seen in the past.

I would just love to have a legit #3 and not a guy who the coach compliments by saying he has been "attentive" in meetings.

Oh, I agree. At least we are starting with 3 guys in Miller, Byrd and Goodwin who have shown solid production in the role before, and that doesn’t even yet consider what Dazz may be.

To me, Miller has to win the WR3 role out of camp or he probably won’t be on the team. I don’t believe he has played on any coverage teams at all, and we’ve got several other viable KR/PR options without him now. Furrey’s comment this week was spot on. We don’t need him anymore - that’s not to say that we don’t want him but rather to say that if he’s not productive we have alternative options better than Wims or Ridley that we didn’t have before that would allow us to move on.