Rules/Tips on running a successful Fantasy/Sim/GM league

TheKillerNacho

All leagues are entitled to one topic to be pinned in this forum. Please PM me if you want your pinned topic changed or you wish to start a new league and want that post pinned. Thank you.

Copied and pasted from the old forum. Will Sticky this once Webby gets around to officially adding me as a mod here, lol.

First the rules -
1. Max of three topics per GM draft.
2. Don't recruit GMs in any other FF forum or via PM.
3. Don't recruit GMs to be in a league/draft on another medium (AIM or other forums).
4. Make sure you follow all the forum rules - http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338

- Let me try to explain the difference between this forum (Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues) and the GM Mock Drafts forum. The GM Mock Drafts forum is intended for mainly one purpose which is for GM Mocks inovlving NFL teams drafting college players. Like FFMD.

The Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues forum is intented for any other sort of GM Mock. From Madden Leagues to All-Time Baseball Drafts to Current NFL Players Draft to Hot Babes Tournament.

If you want to run a successful GM mock draft I suggest the following tips.

1. Give your mock a short unique name and add that to the subject of any topics about that mock. For example
[LSUSAINT] Rules, Info, and Sign up
[LSUSAINT] Draft Thread
[LSUSAINT] Trade Talk

Also, you can edit your topic names any time you want. Use this to your advantage.

2. Take your time organizing it. So many people get excited about starting a GM mock, they want to draft right away. They end up not even finishing it.

3. Plan a time for the draft. Either have everyone online at the same time during the draft or break down the picks by time. If you just say we'll start the draft on Friday and everyone has 2 hours between picks, you'll have a lot of missed picks.

4. In order to have a good time running/participating in these, it takes some dedication by everyone involved. Make sure you choose dedicated members to join your draft. This doesn't mean you should base it on post count or join date, but you should be able to get a feel for someones commitment to your GM draft early on. Also, anyone caught posting garbage to boost their post count will receive an automatic permanent ban.

5. Before you create a GM Mock Draft or a League, take the time to look around to see if there is already one going on. It would be better to join an already existing league if they need members then to create an entirely new one.

6. Keep in mind that there is a separate forum for Fantasy Football leagues: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/forum/66-leagues/

Credit goes to Webmaster for most of this post.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

First the rules -
2. Don't recruit GMs in any other FF forum or via PM.
3. Don't recruit GMs to be in a league/draft on another medium (AIM or other forums).
4. Make sure you follow all the forum rules -

Sooooo...BDL destroys these rules and I'm pretty sure its the best GM/SIM league on the site.

Also I'm really confused how you get people to join a league without recruiting them. Is FF the internet equivalent of the freemasons!?

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Sooooo...BDL destroys these rules and I'm pretty sure its the best GM/SIM league on the site.

Also I'm really confused how you get people to join a league without recruiting them. Is FF the internet equivalent of the freemasons!?

I've been lenient with the first rule in the case of the BDL because there aren't a whole lot of other leagues here and there isn't a great alternative. I did discuss some options with the BDL leadership but we weren't able to think of anything to solve the problem. It may be revisited some day if new leagues have a hard time staying in the top half of the first page.

As far as recruiting goes, I believe this rule was intended to reduce spamming to get people to join your league. If people want to join a league they will come to this forum and ask to join. Of course, I really don't enforce this so long as no one complains.

Also the NSFL > BDL. Js. ;)

On 12/4/2017 at 8:19 PM, SirA1 said:

One option would be a sub forum for the Game Threads/Roster/Transaction stuff with just the Discussion in the main Fantasy/GM/Sim thread.

I'd have to bring this up with Webby... I'm thinking a sub-forum specifically for game threads with everything else in this main forum would be sufficient.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2017 at 1:03 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

All leagues are entitled to one topic to be pinned in this forum. Please PM me if you want your pinned topic changed or you wish to start a new league and want that post pinned. Thank you.

Copied and pasted from the old forum. Will Sticky this once Webby gets around to officially adding me as a mod here, lol.

First the rules -

Does this mean if it's a multi-season thing that season 14 for example and season 15 could each have 3 topics? Or three for the league as a whole?

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

Does this mean if it's a multi-season thing that season 14 for example and season 15 could each have 3 topics? Or three for the league as a whole?

The three-topic rule means that each season can have three active threads at any one time (for example, a Discussion thread, a Roster thread, and a Draft thread). The BDL kinda has to get around this in order to do their games, they are an exception.

As for mid-seasons, I'm a bit confused what you mean. When you open a Season 15 thread, for example, the Season 14 one isn't really needed anymore.

• 4 months later...