Which coaches/GMs are on the hot seat in 2021?

notthatbluestuff

Most of the worst teams from last year have new coaches (and in some cases, new GMs) so they should be given a long leash. 

Bears - are Nagy and Pace gone if Fields doesn't look good?

Bengals - will Taylor be shown the door if he can't improve with a healthy Burrow? 

Cardinals - is this put up or shut up time for Kingsbury? 

Vikings - could it be time for a new voice in Minnesota if the defense doesn't improve? 

Eagles - is Roseman in trouble if Hurts looks bad while Wentz rebounds in Indy? 

I have to believe that Nagy + Pace are both on the hot seat (at least 1 playoff win to keep their job).
Taylor has to make it close to 8-9 (no way to make it an even number... 17 games schedule is just weird) to keep his job he hasn't showed much so far.
Personally I would have fired Kingsbury already so I envision him having to at least make the playoffs to be safe. 
Roseman I see as safe since he won a SB not too long ago. Zimmer I just don't know. 
I think McCarthy could be fired from the Cowboys if he underperforms again. 
And David Culley is probably on the hot seat because Texans.

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

....how hasn’t Fangio been mentioned yet?

You would think, but the teams struggles lie with the offense in which Pat Shurmer is 100% driving.

Fangio is a decent HC at getting guys to play hard and his defense is still his defense. They just need to bring in somebody that knows anything about the offensive side.

That being said, if there is another losing season I assume there will be a complete overhaul. There is far too much talent on that team to look as incompetent as they do 1/2 the games they play.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Mike Vrabel, with an asterisk.

If the defense doesn’t improve (or if they don’t make a deep playoff run), he’s probably getting an ultimatum on his defensive scheme/his hiring of only his own lackeys.

And he should. JRob is a good GM, and Vrabel is terrible at scheming a defense.

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You would think, but the teams struggles lie with the offense in which Pat Shurmer is 100% driving.

Fangio is a decent HC at getting guys to play hard and his defense is still his defense. They just need to bring in somebody that knows anything about the offensive side.

That being said, if there is another losing season I assume there will be a complete overhaul. There is far too much talent on that team to look as incompetent as they do 1/2 the games they play.

He also makes that call as the HC to hire someone competent on the offensive side of the ball....   I think this is the main reason he was a DC for so long w/o a HC'ing offer as it seems he knows nothing about the offensive side.