Cowboys (and NFL) Schedule

Texas_OutLaw7

Oh man...   very interesting that we open up against TB.   In the past the first game of the season has been a playoff rematch of one type or another. Either super bowl, or Championship game rematch.   I wondered why Dallas sneaked into the mix then had a look at TB opponents.   Sense they finished 2nd, us and the Bills are the toughest match up they have out side of a division game. What a easy schedule for a super bowl winner. I imagine it was a coin flip between us or NE.   While the Bills are a good team they don't have the marquee name needed to draw fans.  IF asked no way would I have admitted we finished 2nd in our division.....

i had a double check look at our opponent list....  The Falcon's or maybe Raiders are the best team we face at home. Though any division game at home is a tough game.  We should be easy favorites (4-5 points) in all our home games this season. 

We play our toughest opponents on the road, Saints, Bucs, Chiefs and even the Chargers maybe. in fact we could be underdogs in all our road games this year outside of the division games depending upon when we face the Pats and Vikings.   Glad though we face Denver at home,   

26 minutes ago, D82 said:

Awesome. At least we have a different opening team this year. Not sure how confident I am in us beating TB, but it should hopefully be a good game all the same. 

It’ll really depend on how well everyone has recovered from their respective injuries, and whether Zeke looks like his old self or maintains his pace to become our version of Eddie Lacy.

6 Primetime Games

3 Thursday Nights

2 Sunday Nights

1 Monday Night

3 back to back away games (but one comes after a Thursday so a mini break) with two of those being division rivals during winter. 

I love starting the season away. Doesn't even feel like an away game. 

I think this is an awesome schedule.

The 3 games in 11 days stretch this year is as bad as normal...   @ KC    Raiders     @ Saints.   

Really wish we played TB at a different week.   Brady always seems to start the season strong and finish it strong, would prefer to play in that middle section.   

Then a ten day break before we get to the critical ending.   While on paper it is touch stretch...

Wash, Giants, Wash, AZ, Phily, all these games are winnable.  3-2 is very doable and if we are playing well a sweep is not impossible. 

also we have a good shot at starting out 5-1 before out bye week....

I want us to be 6-3 at the very least going into the KC game week 11.  I think 7-2 is very doable.

Off top of my head 11-6 seems to be the number with 12-5 being in reach if we can win most of our close games. 

Well missed that about our back to back road game situation.  We have three main "road trips" this season.

First set of back to back road games have a 10 day break in them.

Second set of back to back road games broken up by our bye week

third set, this set three straight road games have a 10 day break between road game 1 and 2.   

So really we only ONCE play two road games back to back with out a break.

Also our Road, home, Road set that happens in 11 days is helped as we play at KC and NO, both those cities have less then 90 minute flight time. 

We also have two sets of HOME and HOME and 1 set of three straight home games. 

All in all a very favorable schedule as our road games seem to be broken up well by breaks this time out. 

We will be lucky to win 6 games with that schedule:

KC, NO, TB, MINN, LV.....????

And we ALWAYS choke to teams like Ariz and NE.

I can see it now, Patrick Surtain II gets the game winning pick 6 in a stunning display of irony.

Ish like that is our middle name anymore.

The Cowboys could be playing the Bucs twice a year if they swapped divisions with Carolina.

They should want to be in the NFC South now, Tom Brady is more marketable than any QB on the Giants, Eagles, or Washington.