Cowboys (and NFL) Schedule

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If you'd like. It's the off-season. Go hog wild yelling at clouds. 

Don't get me wrong, hope springs eternal, and I am hopeful they turn it around. 

But to sit here and predict 12 or 13 wins after that drek last year, ugh, let's just say I'm not the one being irrational.

Just hope I'm wrong.

24 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Don't get me wrong, hope springs eternal, and I am hopeful they turn it around. 

But to sit here and predict 12 or 13 wins after that drek last year, ugh, let's just say I'm not the one being irrational.

Just hope I'm wrong.

I'm literally encouraging you to discuss the season and to be as Dave like as you want to be. 

All you are doing is gasping things can be impossible and don't want to have a conversation. Let's change that. I don't give a damn about the last 25 years. Walk me through how you see next year. 

Not even mocking you. Go through the weeks. Predict wins and losses. Get excited. Post. Generate some discussion. 

Be as gloomy as you want to be. It's a blank canvas. 

I believe I already did that. But if you want a game by game bullet point of negativity, you are going to have to wait about 6 weeks. I'm knee deep in recitals, finals, paperwork and pissed off parents.

Once school is out, it will be my genuine pleasure.

Deal???

19 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

If brother, IF?

Yeah, if.

at Tampa followed by at LA is a rough start for a bad defense implementing a new system. If we start 0-2, give up 900 yards combined to two offenses, and Dak looks rusty... for sure there is potential for the wheels to come off.

I think we’ll be ok. But the potential is there.

58 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, if.

at Tampa followed by at LA is a rough start for a bad defense implementing a new system. If we start 0-2, give up 900 yards combined to two offenses, and Dak looks rusty... for sure there is potential for the wheels to come off.

I agree. While the offense looks like it could be very good, it’s foolish to assume that we’ll be right back in stride when our QB, LT, LG, RT, and TE are all coming off serious injuries.

And if RB1 keeps looking more and more like Eddie Lacy rather than his old self, he’ll find himself on the Dead To Me list very quickly.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, if.

The opening stretch is going to be a tremendous amount of fun. 

Two incredible offenses to start the season. On the road no less. 

12 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Or potentially a tremendous amount of pain.

Almost assuredly. 2 of the 3 best QBs we face all year happen in the first two weeks. Complete trial by fire for Quinn's defense. 

If they do poorly - they get a significantly easier stretch after.

If they do well - they would be battle tested for much inferior competition. 

Started 0-2-0 is entirely reasonable (although would be really disappointing). 

21 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Almost assuredly. 2 of the 3 best QBs we face all year happen in the first two weeks. Complete trial by fire for Quinn's defense. 

If they do poorly - they get a significantly easier stretch after.

If they do well - they would be battle tested for much inferior competition. 

Started 0-2-0 is entirely reasonable (although would be really disappointing). 

0-2 in tight games, and the season isn’t over.

But 0-2 and being utterly outclassed? Things would get ugly very, very quick.

The defense wasn’t great under RM, but if Dallas can find their footing and come close to that, I believe 10-11 wins is absolutely doable. The offense (barring injuries) is going to put points on the board. 

I’m optimistic, until they give me reason to not be.

34 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

The defense wasn’t great under RM, but if Dallas can find their footing and come close to that, I believe 10-11 wins is absolutely doable. The offense (barring injuries) is going to put points on the board. 

I’m optimistic, until they give me reason to not be.

If we don't win at least 10 games, I see absolutely zero reason to keep MM. 

Pressure. Busting pipes or making diamonds. I'm excited. Going to the NFL opener too. 

Might be able to travel to the SuperBowl for my job too.