Cowboys (and NFL) Schedule

Texas_OutLaw7

5 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I suggest you read the posts above this one.

If I'm being irrational, I'm not the only one.

I've given you a platform to discuss. You've declined. I'm not really quite sure what your after. Thus far your claim is we can only win as many games as we did last year despite having no off-season nor an actual QB. That isn't a real conversation. Come back to me when you are ready. I'll be here. 

But to set the stage...

It's an easy schedule. We face very few good QBs. The team should have no excuses. 

Perform or get fired. 

Vegas set the o/u at 9.5 - 3.5 games more than you have it. I think 10 is the minimum we should expect before heads roll. I think our max is really around 13. 

Edited by Texas_OutLaw7

9 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I've given you a platform to discuss. You've declined. I'm not really quite sure what your after. Thus far your claim is we can only win as many games as we did last year despite having no off-season nor an actual QB. That isn't a real conversation. Come back to me when you are ready. I'll be here. 

But to set the stage...

It's an easy schedule. We face very few good QBs. The team should have no excuses. 

Perform or get fired. 

Vegas set the o/u at 9.5 - 3.5 games more than you have it. I think 10 is the minimum we should expect before heads roll. I think our max is really around 13. 

No no no, I didn't decline! You're wrong! 

I said I'm knee deep in recitals, paperwork, etc. It IS the end of the school year and this one in particular has been a hot mess so things are really screwed up.

But, to the point, I said....

Give me about 6 weeks and it will be my genuine pleasure.

And then I asked,

"Deal?"

I got no response.

But, this last post is addressing the preposterous idea that I alone feel that predicting 10 or more wins based on what exactly what, I have no idea, makes me, how did you put it....

Irrational?

Seems I am not the only one.

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

No no no, I didn't decline! You're wrong! 

I said I'm knee deep in recitals, paperwork, etc. It IS the end of the school year and this one in particular has been a hot mess so things are really screwed up.

But, to the point, I said....

Give me about 6 weeks and it will be my genuine pleasure.

And then I asked,

"Deal?"

I got no response.

But, this last post is addressing the preposterous idea that I alone feel that predicting 10 or more wins based on what exactly, I have no idea, makes me, how did you put it....

Irrational?

Seems I am not the only one.

Too early for me to make predictions about our record.  If healthy the offense will score points and be a tough match up for anyone.  The concern as others have said is the defense.  Starting the year vs Brady and Herbert will be quite the acid test.  I'm anxious to see how the defense takes to Quinn's scheme.  More excited/anxious about how the rookies perform.  I think we landed a couple of sleepers in Mukuamu and Fehoko.  I'm really hoping that Bohanna can make the club and contribute.  That would be a huge plus. 

I see a 10-11 win team. We are going to split with WFT and should beat the rest of the east. TB and KC are likely write in losses, though we have the offensive fire power to make it interesting. Raiders are underrated imo and might be another write in loss. 

Broncos, Cards, Falcons, Bolts, Vikings, Pats (with all the additions) and panthers all have a chance to be sneaky good teams. Teams thats screw up the playoffs for other teams. 

I agree with T07, I think the Saints will revert to the 'Aints. 

Division is between us and WFT. They are going to be really good. I think (hope) we have the fire power to take the east. Like every year for every team, it will boil down to health and execution. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Division is between us and WFT. They are going to be really good. But I think (hope) we have the fire power to take the east. 

They have the best DL in football. Or damn close to it. Add that the improved secondary and they have a shot to ruin some opportunities for teams. 

Offensively, they don't scare me though. But that defense can win some games. 

41 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

They have the best DL in football. Or damn close to it. Add that the improved secondary and they have a shot to ruin some opportunities for teams. 

They added enough on offense that they shouldnt be totally incompetent. 

• Like 1

The problem with Fitzmagic/tragic is that it looks like he's penciled in as the Week 1 starter, which is never good news. You gotta use him as a relief QB to really bring out the magic. There's no way he lasts 17 games without self-combusting.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We know Washington's recipe for winning.  A defense that will keep them in most games.  The message to Fitz is don't fcuk this up.  Don't get cute.  I agree they are going to be in the running to win the division.