2021 OTAS also includes Rookie and Mandatory minicamps

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I am very happy to have Rich scarengelo back as our QB coach. This is only a few very short clips, but both guys are looking pretty polished. 

I love the way Lance rolled to his left. Looked like he was really trying to sell the ball fake by dropping his body a little bit and slowing down his feet. 

I remember hearing about how much Peyton Manning would practice his ball fakes. I think Brady is a perfectionist about it too. It's a high level thing to do well and hopefully Lance gets very good at it over the course of his career. Having a QB who can execute those fakes and can run naked boots to the backside of the play is going to unlock a lot 

If Lance masters deception, he'll be very hard to stop. His toolbox will be full of tools. That's why towards the end of the pre-draft insanity, I was hoping we'd take him. He seemed to have the brain in his toolbox (perhaps on par with Mac, or better, who knows), the arm (nearly on par with Wilson and Fields), the athleticism (on par with Fields and Lawrence), the size, the pro style background. He has all the tools you can think of, it's now just a matter of him learning to use all of them. And he seems to enjoy putting in the work. Too early to tell what kind of career he's going to have, but I have a hard time imagining him not being our guy for the next 15 years.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, I don't think he was making the team anyways. If Coleman is ready to go, he will be our swing tackle. 

But obviously still sucks. 

I like Brunskill better in that role personally. Coleman hasn’t played in two years and I never really got the allure of him as a player in the first place.

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I like Brunskill better in that role personally. Coleman hasn’t played in two years and I never really got the allure of him as a player in the first place.

Brunskill can do that as well but clearly they want him playing in the interior. I believe Barrows said they want him behind Mack and then eventually take over for him when he retires, which may be after next season.

Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McKvitz, Brunskill, Coleman, Moore and McGlinchey. Health permitted, this will be our OL next season. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Brunskill can do that as well but clearly they want him playing in the interior. I believe Barrows said they want him behind Mack and then eventually take over for him when he retires, which may be after next season.

Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McKvitz, Brunskill, Coleman, Moore and McGlinchey. Health permitted, this will be our OL next season. 

Yeah I did read that as well. I thought I had read that they were playing Moore at OT during OTAs and Skule was playing guard too though, so there is some flexibility there I think. 

Just now, GW21 said:

Yeah I did read that as well. I thought I had read that they were playing Moore at OT during OTAs and Skule was playing guard too though, so there is some flexibility there I think. 

Yeah, they did play Moore play at tackle but I'm not sure if Trent was actually practicing or not? Maybe they just needed a body? But it could also be that Moore is more comfortable playing tackle right now and they want to work him into playing guard. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, they did play Moore play at tackle but I'm not sure if Trent was actually practicing or not? Maybe they just needed a body? But it could also be that Moore is more comfortable playing tackle right now and they want to work him into playing guard. 

Yeah, it certainly seemed like the long term plan was to have Moore take over for Tomlinson at guard, but who knows for sure. McKivitz also has experience at tackle. I guess I don't really see the upside with Coleman, and I'm definitely not confident in relying on him to slide in if an injury happens. 

22 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

But most take till the second year before they fully get back from it. Big difference between it being fully healed and actually not having it be an impact.

I was thinking the same exact thing