Sign in to follow this  
DutchFalcon

Week 6 GDT: Falcons @ New England

Game is only hours away and no thread? Lets change that B|

This game will tell us a lot about this team. A win might be the cathartic experience they've been looking for while another devastating loss  could shake the players confidence even more. 

Somehow I'm really not all that hyped for this game. I think it might be a big letdown with lots of punts and sloppy play. Here's hoping I'm wrong!

2 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

Game is only hours away and no thread? Lets change that B|

This game will tell us a lot about this team. A win might be the cathartic experience they've been looking for while another devastating loss  could shake the players confidence even more. 

Somehow I'm really not all that hyped for this game. I think it might be a big letdown with lots of punts and sloppy play. Here's hoping I'm wrong!

Thanks for creating the thread.. I swore I did earlier this week, but I was thinking about the Dolphins game.

I heard a promo earlier saying something along the lines of "The Falcons are looking for their redemption in this game..." -- at least for me, that's not right at all. In the grand scheme of things.. winning this game means nothing compared to our last game against the Pats. If we win, it really means nothing other then we get another regular season win this year. It's not like if we win this game, we automatically erase the Pats SB win, and we now have won the superbowl!

It's just another regular season game. That's it. If we win, great win against a historically good team. Nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe it's just me, but has all of this "redemption" talk gotten on the nerves of anyone else?

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the game. Like I posted I had the feeling it would be a sloppy one (from our side it was from what I've heard) and SNF is from 3 am to 5 am so I decided to get some shuteye instead. From what I've heard not the worst decision. 

This team is quite out of sync though and my guess is that it starts with the offense. While the concepts are the same I've seen an analysis that the WR's aren't being used for the routes they were so successful with last season. Then there is too much shotgun calls instead of the play action. 

This D is build to play with a lead. Not to get ground down by a running game while being behind. Then there are the discipline issues. Roughing the passer when getting an INT, silly PI and holding calls. 

I honestly wonder if we're looking at a .500 season or worse at this point in time. This team is way to talented for that to happen but if they're so busy with beating themselves instead of the other team I could see it happen. I hope they can get it turned around during the season but right now it is looking like it's going to take an offseason to fix it...