14. at Packers SNF

15. Vikings MNF

16. at Seahawks

17. Giants

18. at Vikings

I will update as I see leaks :)

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Sunday Night Football AGAIN. I hate this **** for week 1.

Sure seems like the league thinks Fields is playing week 1. Nobody wants to see Dalton in prime time. If they didn’t think he was playing they’d have set this game for later in the year. 

45 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Sure seems like the league thinks Fields is playing week 1. Nobody wants to see Dalton in prime time. If they didn’t think he was playing they’d have set this game for later in the year. 

The draft was only 2 weeks ago. I highly doubt they all got together and said "the Bears drafted Fields so lets have them on primetime just in case they start him".

Edited by JAF-N72EX

You have to wonder if this will factor into the decision to start Fields...do you really want a rookie QBs first game to be in prime time in front of a national audience on the opening weekend of the season against an Aaron Donald led quality Rams' defence?...unless Fields is 100% ready and completely outplays Dalton and looks like a franchise guy early I would maybe be happy to see him after week 4 of the season.

52 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You have to wonder if this will factor into the decision to start Fields...do you really want a rookie QBs first game to be in prime time in front of a national audience on the opening weekend of the season against an Aaron Donald led quality Rams' defence?...unless Fields is 100% ready and completely outplays Dalton and looks like a franchise guy early I would maybe be happy to see him after week 4 of the season.

If 1 game breaks him... he was never going to be the guy. All the talk of Mitch's confidence made that clear to me.

If Fields is better play him, let him learn, and don't coddle him.

Lawrence and Wilson will be starting week 1 on worst teams.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If 1 game breaks him... he was never going to be the guy. All the talk of Mitch's confidence made that clear to me.

If Fields is better play him, let him learn, and don't coddle him.

Lawrence and Wilson will be starting week 1 on worst teams.

I don't think for a second that one game breaks him even if it went badly...all I am saying is we need to be sure he is the guy because the 1 thing we can not do is go back and forward between the two...if Fields starts week one he need to still be starting week 17 unless he isn't healthy.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think for a second that one game breaks him even if it went badly...all I am saying is we need to be sure he is the guy because the 1 thing we can not do is go back and forward between the two...if Fields starts week one he need to still be starting week 17 unless he isn't healthy.

Agreed. Start Fields and forget Dalton exists. There would be no reason to go back to Dalton.

The Mahomes model is not a model, it is a complete abberation.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Fields also talked a lot post-draft about how he lives for those games and moments. I don’t at all have the sense that the moment would be too big for him no matter whether that’s week 1 in LA on SNF, coming out of our bye with 2 weeks to prep or at home on a random Sunday against a subpar team. 

27 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Fields also talked a lot post-draft about how he lives for those games and moments. I don’t at all have the sense that the moment would be too big for him no matter whether that’s week 1 in LA on SNF, coming out of our bye with 2 weeks to prep or at home on a random Sunday against a subpar team. 

I think the NFL is a sink or swim league. This idea of slowly developing a QB until they are 100% ready is a relic.

I am not sure 3-4 weeks of watching Andy Dalton is going to do anything. 

Put him out there and let him learn. The only way I hesitate is if the OL looks rough in the preseason.

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the NFL is a sink or swim league. This idea of slowly developing a QB until they are 100% ready is a relic.

I am not sure 3-4 weeks of watching Andy Dalton is going to do anything. 

Put him out there and let him learn. The only way I hesitate is if the OL looks rough in the preseason.

Honestly even if they are, Fields has elite athleticism and escapability at the position, and it’s not like that’s going to change drastically from week 1 to, say, week 6. 

• Like 1