2021 Detroit Lions schedule

Louis Friend

Schedule will get revealed tonight. Leaks are happening on social media.

Week 1- Niners

Week 2- @ Packers MNF

Week 3- Ravens 

Week 4- @ Bears

Week 5- @ Vikings 

Week 6- Bengals

Week 7- @ Rams 

Week 8- Eagles 

Week 9- BYE 

Week 10- @ Steelers 

Week 11- @ Browns

Week 12- Bears Thanksgiving  

Week 13- Vikings

Week 14- @ Broncos 

Week 15- Cardinals 

Week 16- @ Falcons 

Week 17- @ Seahawks  

Week 18- Packers 

***Rumors of no prime time games were false. 

Edited by Louis Friend

11 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Not overly shocked for the Lions. WFT is a bit surprising given how well they played last year and they have some legit names on their roster - Chase Young, Terry McLaurin, Antonio Gibson, Fitzmagic. 

It was floating around Twitter. Won’t know how true it is until it’s fully released. 

34 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The NFL has posted up the Week 1 schedule. Lions are facing the 49ers at home (in DET). What do you guys think about our week 1 matchup? Do you think we have any shot at actually winning the game?

There are very few teams I would feel confident playing each week and expecting a win.  I would say we are very unlikely to win that game but it wouldnt shock me either.  If we win that game, there will be some rumblings in SF starting IMO.  

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

There are very few teams I would feel confident playing each week and expecting a win.  I would say we are very unlikely to win that game but it wouldnt shock me either.  If we win that game, there will be some rumblings in SF starting IMO.  

I'm not confident that Jimmy G is going to do a lot, so I could see us having a chance although they have a pretty stout defense. On the other side of it, they've lost Saleh and if they don't really have much in terms of OTA's and pre-season, the defense under a new DC could need a little bit of runway to get things clicking. 

I don't think we're going to win a ton of games but this could be one that we steal early on while other teams are coming into form. 

48 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm not confident that Jimmy G is going to do a lot, so I could see us having a chance although they have a pretty stout defense. On the other side of it, they've lost Saleh and if they don't really have much in terms of OTA's and pre-season, the defense under a new DC could need a little bit of runway to get things clicking. 

I don't think we're going to win a ton of games but this could be one that we steal early on while other teams are coming into form. 

They lost Saleh, we have a completely new coaching staff and QB.  So if they struggle to get things figured out early, I would say we are more likely to struggle to figure things out early.  They lost Saleh but get back a bunch of their injured defensive lineman and have a great defense.  Jimmy G isn't great, but neither is Goff at this point.  So based on where they were last year with all the injuries, if healthy they are a much better team than us. 

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

The NFL has posted up the Week 1 schedule. Lions are facing the 49ers at home (in DET). What do you guys think about our week 1 matchup? Do you think we have any shot at actually winning the game?

I think it's a good start to the top pick in 2022.

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Sounds like the Bears on Thanksgiving again.  Tough game but shouldn't be the hardest on our schedule.  Hopefully we fair better against rookie QBs than the last staff did. 

Setting the bar pretty low there. 😆

• Like 1

Week 1- Niners

Week 2- @ Packers MNF

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5- @ Vikings 

Week 6-

Week 7-

Week 8- Eagles 

Week 9-

Week 10- 

Week 11-

Week 12- Bears Thanksgiving 

Week 13- Vikings

Week 14- @ Broncos 

Week 15- Cardinals 

Week 16- Ravens 

Week 17-

Week 18- Packers 

This schedule has 6-11 written all over it for me. The start is yet again very difficult, but thankfully bye is in better place than previous years. 0-4 start, then wins from Vikings and Bengals, after that Stafford (cant wait for that one) and Eagles at home, could be 3-5 before bye. Week 12-16 is the easiest part, but i dont think we can win all of them.

6-11 and a good draft, experience for the players and coaches and next year 10-7/11-6.