2021 Detroit Lions schedule

Louis Friend

That schedule is brutal.  The only teams that were worse than us last year record wise are Cinci, Atlanta, and Philly.  Of that group I think all but Philly are better than us and maybe Philly will be better than us.  Cinci has year two of Burrow and some weapons for him and Atl has a great offense.  I'm hoping our coaching staff knows how to build a scheme for our talent but I still think our talent overall is way below other teams on our schedule. If Rodgers leaves GB that would help but maybe not much if he goes to Denver.  I don't see any games on there that I am confident we will win at this point given we have no idea of scheme and player development.  I wouldnt be shocked if we go 2-15 but also if we get some quality play from Goff, development from the rookies and Okudah, we could potentially be .500 (or one game off with the 17 game schedule. 

37 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

We have the 3rd hardest schedule going into the season. I could see us losing every matchup on paper, but I don’t think the team will go winless. So I’m going to say 3 wins, just don’t know which. 

That's where I am as well.  I think 3 wins is our ceiling.  If this staff/team gets more than this, I'll drink the Kool-Aid.

44 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

We have the 3rd hardest schedule going into the season. I could see us losing every matchup on paper, but I don’t think the team will go winless. So I’m going to say 3 wins, just don’t know which. 

Thats about where I am as well.  Just knowing how the NFL works, some coaches will struggle, some teams will magically be worse, some teams will magically be better.  I am betting on the Vikings being worse, Rodgers leaving GB, and hoping Burrows is a failure.  Maybe the lack of first round picks catches up with the Rams and Stafford is determined to be a mediocre QB with elite skill set like he was here.  Who knows but if I am betting, right now I would say less than 4 wins. 

• 2 weeks later...

Depends if Rodgers plays... If he doesn't we sweep the division, and win it like Washington did with a 9-8 record! Broncos/Bengals/Eagles are the only wins outside the division.😉

My serious guess is we win 6-3 games and are in the running for the top pick. 

Edited by SimbaWho

13 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Depends if Rodgers plays... If he doesn't we sweep the division, and win it like Washington did with a 9-8 record! Broncos/Bengals/Eagles are the only wins outside the division.😉

My serious guess is we win 6-3 games and are in the running for the top pick. 

I think it's just a formality until Houston locks up the top pick.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I think it's just a formality until Houston locks up the top pick.

Likely, but the Lions are contenders.

I really shouldn’t be so quick to say that. Everything they’ve done so far seems to be measured and part of a plan. I’m very optimistic for the future.

They could surprise us all.

Edited by diehardlionfan
Addition.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Likely, but the Lions are contenders.

I really shouldn’t be so quick to say that. Everything they’ve done so far seems to be measured and part of a plan. I’m very optimistic for the future.

They could surprise us all.

I feel like this staff can only do so much in one year.  I like everything they have done and we will be better than last year but still holding my expectations until seeing what type of scheme they put together and their adaptability, which DC preached at his first presser. Given our schedule I don't expect to win many games, and I am ok with that but I do want to see progress from our young guys and a solid gameplan that has us in games.  Given that there is always a chance to win those games so hopefully they can pull some out but I think they still have one of the least talented rosters top to bottom until some of our youth proves themselves.  

• Like 3

On 5/25/2021 at 8:43 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I feel like this staff can only do so much in one year.  I like everything they have done and we will be better than last year but still holding my expectations until seeing what type of scheme they put together and their adaptability, which DC preached at his first presser. Given our schedule I don't expect to win many games, and I am ok with that but I do want to see progress from our young guys and a solid gameplan that has us in games.  Given that there is always a chance to win those games so hopefully they can pull some out but I think they still have one of the least talented rosters top to bottom until some of our youth proves themselves.  

I have no expectations of success. Year one, major rebuild, zero expectations.

Just pointing out they could surprise us. That would be 6 or more wins. That would surprise me.

I don’t think they win many games but I do think they will provide some exciting moments. Looking at the oline, close in support receivers and an electric running back , could make it fun.

I think we have to expect to wait until after the 2023 draft to see real big gains. 

• Like 1