Grade the offseason- no Monday QBs

Humble_Beast

Im going to be real here I think this staff really likes Zay Jones who is 6'2 everybody clamoring for a big WR for Carr are not being real, there are very few that are worth anything, they don't just grow on trees but Edwards has a chance he is 6'3, so Zay and Edwards are as good as it gets for us as far as big Wr's. Brown and Ruggs our our speed guys hopefully more Ruggs than Brown this year that would be a good sign of his development. Snead and Renfrow will work the slot very happy with them.

Finally don't be surprised if we see Zay, Brown or Zay and Ruggs as starters unless Edwards really breaks through either way Edwards will be used heavily, also should see Zay, Edwards, Waller, Drake in tons of redzone packages.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, NYRaider said:

One thing that I think may be causing the offense to stall late into the season is that Gruden reveals too much of his playbook early on in the year and at the end of the season teams have too much tape on us. 

disagree the redzone offense is just not very creative.

On 5/14/2021 at 12:06 PM, BackinBlack said:

One thing I hate most is, Carr is said to have control of the O. 
IF gruden dials up a crap call, Carr needs to audible out of it at the line of scrimmage. 
Also, if its 3rd and 5, and there is no one near you, just run for it. 

This is  what irks me the most Carr doesn't have to be a running QB but he can actually run but just too many times we need 3 to 5 yards for a first and Carr could have just ran it for the 1st nobody around him and we end up punting he has to keep those chains moving.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

At age 35 you think he'll be elite? In 8 of the last 9 seasons Ryan has passed for 4,500+ yards, he won't get nearly as many targets with Carr.

He’s not there yet. But even if he’s top 10-15, this is a top 10, likely top 5 offense. 

I'd say the off-season gets about a B- grade because of a few moves. The wide receiver spot to me is still a question mark, I don't know if there's anyone there who could have a big year on offense. Losing Rodney Hudson isn't a plus in terms of play on the field goes so that hurts some as well. 

On the good side of things I think this draft class looks pretty good, and I didn't expect for us to draft Trevon Moehrig. The pass rush improved, but we'll need better defense week in and week out. I would have said about a C+ but drafting four defensive backs all together and hiring Gus Bradley moves the grade up to me. 

Alot of these moves can pay off, I can see the line playing better over time with the addition of Kenyan Drake, I thought that was a good move for sure. Derek Carr's a good QB but it's going to take improvements across the board to get us into the playoffs this year. 

• Like 1